Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 28-29 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Juventus
- Bari have won only one of their last 17 Serie A meetings against Juventus - 11 wins for the Bianconeri and five draws in the process.
- These two sides have met only once on the opening day of a Serie A season - a 1-1 draw at Bari back in 1936.
- Bari have never scored more than a single goal on the opening day of the last 16 Serie A seasons.
- Juventus are unbeaten on the opening day of their last 26 Serie A seasons (19 wins and seven draws).
- Bari striker Barreto converted only four of the nine penalties he took in Serie A in 2009-10.
Bologna v Inter
- Bologna have picked-up only one point from their last 10 league meetings against Inter, and are on a run of five consecutive defeats against the Nerazzurri.
- The Rossoblu have lost their last five league games at home against Inter.
- These two sides have met three times on match-day 1 of Serie A: Inter lead by two wins to one, always by the same scoreline (1-0).
- Bologna are unbeaten on the last six occasions they have played the opening game of a Serie A season at home (three wins and as many draws).
- The Nerazzurri are unbeaten in the opening game of Serie A in the last nine seasons, though they were held to a draw in the last three seasons.
- Inter have scored on match-day 1 of the last 22 Serie A seasons.
Chievo v Catania
- These two have met six times in Serie A and the balance is perfectly even: two wins to each and as many draws.
- At home though, Chievo are unbeaten against the Sicilians so far (a 2-1 win and two 1-1 draws).
- Chievo have won their opening game only once in their last six seasons of Serie A - three defeats and two draws complete the record.
- Catania have managed only one win on the last eight occasions they played match-day 1 of Serie A away from home - three draws and four defeats complete the record.
- Catania shared the points 15 times in Serie A in 2009/10 - a competition-high.
Fiorentina v Napoli
- Fiorentina and Napoli have met 120 times in the top-flight: the Tuscans lead by 50 wins to 39, with 31 draws rounding off the record.
- None of the last nine Serie A meetings between these two sides has ended in a draw (four wins for the Viola, five for the Partenopei).
- At home, Fiorentina have won six of their last eight meetings with Napoli, with two wins for the guests.
- These two sides have met three times on match-day 1 of Serie A (Fiorentina have won twice, Napoli once).
- 14 goals were scored in these three opening day fixtures.
- Napoli are winless in their last seven Serie A openers (two draws and five defeats).
AC Milan v Lecce
- Lecce have managed only two wins in their 26 Serie A games against AC Milan - 15 wins for the Rossoneri and nine draws in the process.
- AC Milan have had the better of Lecce in the last six fixtures at the San Siro, scoring 19 goals in total.
- This fixture has been played on match-day 1 of Serie A twice, but on both occasions it was at Lecce's ground (one win for the guests and a draw).
- AC Milan have lost on match-day 1 of Serie A only once in the last 23 seasons - two years ago against Bologna (1-2); 17 wins and five draws complete the record.
- Lecce on the other hand have never won their opening game in 13 top-flight seasons (six draws and seven defeats).
Palermo v Cagliari
- This will be the19th "Derby of the Islands" between Palermo and Cagliari in Serie A: the Sardinians lead by seven wins to six, five draws complete the record.
- However, Palermo have lost only one of their last six league meetings with Cagliari - four wins for the Rosanero and one draw in the process.
- Palermo have won on the last three occasions they have hosted Cagliari at the "Barbera", scoring nine goals in total.
- These two sides have met only once on match-day 1 in Serie A, back in 1968 (Cagliari won at home by 3-0).
- Cagliari have managed only one win from their last 11 opening fixtures played away from home in the top-flight.
- Last season, Cagliari dropped the most points from leading situations (31).
Parma v Brescia
- These two sides have met 16 times in Serie A previously: Parma lead by 10 wins to three, with three draws.
- The hosts have won six of the eight games played at the Tardini, one draw and one win for Brescia complete the record.
- Parma have shared the points in their last 11 opening day fixtures of Serie A.
- Brescia are winless on match-day 1 in Serie A in their last 11 campaigns - seven defeats and four draws.
- Brescia have never won on the seven occasions in which they have played the opening game of Serie A away from home (six defeats and a draw).
Roma v Cesena
- The result that has happened the most often in the 20 Serie A meetings between Roma and Cesena in Serie A is the draw (nine times); eight wins for Roma and three for Cesena in the process.
- Roma are on a run of five consecutive wins at home, and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- Cesena are winless in their previous 10 opening matches of Serie A (six defeats and four draws).
- Cesena have not scored a single goal in their last five opening day fixtures in the top-flight.