Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 29 & 30 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Atalanta v Genoa
- Last season both games between Atalanta and Genoa ended in a 1-1 draw.
- In the last 18 Serie A meetings between these two sides, neither Atalanta nor Genoa have managed to score more than two goals in a single game.
- Atalanta have failed to win in their last six Serie A fixtures; their last success in the top flight was last season against Lazio, back in April.
- Conversely, Genoa are unbeaten in their last six Serie A games, two draws and four wins.
- All of the three goals scored by Genoa in their win against Roma last Sunday came in the second half; last season the Grifoni scored the most goals after half-time in Serie A (43 out of 56).
Bari v Bologna
- These two sides have faced each other 23 times in the top flight since 1950: Bari have won only twice, Bologna have had the better 12 times, with nine draws to complete the record.
- Bologna have scored only one goal in their last six visits to Bari in Serie A.
- Bari will play at their home ground in Serie A for the first time in more than eight years (the last time was in June 2001). Four of their last five home games in the top flight have ended in defeat.
- Bologna have picked up only three points in their last eight away games in Serie A between this and last season.
- Bologna kept a clean sheet only five times last term - a league-low
Cagliari v Siena
- Cagliari and Siena will face each other for the 11th time next Sunday: the Sardinians lead by four wins to three; three draws complete the record.
- In the five occasions that Cagliari have hosted Siena in Serie A, the Sardinians have won four times and drawn once.
- Masimiliano Allegri's side have won three of their last four home games in the top flight - one draw completes the record.
- Conversely, Siena have picked up only one point in their last four Serie A fixtures played between last and this season.
Chievo v Lazio
- Chievo and Lazio have played against each other 14 times in the top flight: there is a perfect balance so far, with four wins each and six draws.
- However, Chievo have only ever managed to win once at home against Lazio, in the first of the seven meetings played between these two sides at the 'Bentegodi'.
- In the two fixtures between Chievo and Lazio played in 2008/09, striker Sergio Pellissier netted three goals, one in the first game and two in the second.
- Domenico Di Carlo's side have managed only one win in their last nine home games played in Serie A (last season, against Palermo).
- Lazio have lost their last three away games in Serie A, always with the same scoreline (2-0).
Fiorentina v Palermo
- Palermo have managed to win at the "Artemio Franchi" against Fiorentina three times over the last five seasons. Two wins to the hosts complete this record.
- Fiorentina have not shared the points in their last 14 home games in the league, since the goalless draw against Inter, back in October 2008.
- Palermo have scored two goals in each of their last four games played in Serie A.
- The Rosanero picked up only two points in their last five away games of last season.
- Fiorentina and Palermo are the sides that shared the points the least last term, respectively five and six times.
AC Milan v Inter
- Next Saturday will see the 151st Milan derby in Serie A: the Rossoneri lead by 53 wins to 48, with 49 draws.
- These two sides have not drawn in the league since October 2004: since then, AC Milan have won four times and Inter five.
- This will be the clash between the two most prolific attacks of the 2008/09 Serie A campaign (70 goals scored by each team).
- Inter have not conceded a penalty since March 2008, currently the longest run in Serie A.
Napoli v Livorno
- Napoli have won their last three league meetings with Livorno.
- The Partenopei have taken all three points in the last four occasions they have hosted Livorno in the top flight.
- Livorno have failed to score in their last three visits to the "San Paolo" in the top flight.
- Livorno picked up only one point in their last nine away games played in the top flight in 2007/08, before their relegation to Serie B.
Parma v Catania
- Parma and Catania have played against each other four times in Serie A: the Sicilians are unbeaten so far, thanks to one win and three draws.
- Parma will play their first Serie A game at home after the defeat against Inter in May 2008, that led them to relegation and awarded the title to the Nerazzurri.
- Parma won only one of their last 10 Serie A games in 2007/08, before being relegated to Serie B.
- Catania committed the most fouls on MD 1 of Serie A (29 fouls and a red card, the only one in the league so far).
Roma v Juventus
- Roma and Juventus have played against each other 150 times in Serie A: the Bianconeri lead by 70 wins to 35, 45 draws complete the record.
- Juventus have had the better of Roma in each of the last three meetings in the top flight.
- The Giallorossi have not beaten Juventus since February 2004 (a 4-0 home win); since then, Roma have picked up only two points in their ensuing eight meetings with Juve in Serie A.
- Luciano Spalletti's side collected 13 points from their last five home fixtures in the league last season, as result of four wins and one draw.
- The header netted by Juve striker, Vincenzo Iaquinta, confirmed the trend displayed last season, according to which the Bianconeri scored the most headed goals in Serie A (20).
Sampdoria v Udinese
- Both of last season's fixtures between Sampdoria and Udinese ended in a draw, 1-1 the first and 2-2 the second.
- The Blucerchiati were unbeaten in their last nine home fixtures of last season, but were held to a draw in four of their last five.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last nine Serie A games, as result of seven wins and one draw (last term), and the 2-2 draw against Parma on MD 1 last Sunday.
- Udinese striker, Antonio Di Natale, scored a brace in his debut game for this season last Sunday against Parma; also last season Di Natale scored a brace on MD 1, against Palermo.