Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 30-31 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Palermo
- Bari are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Palermo in the top flight.
- Neither of these two sides have scored more than a single goal in the last five occasions they have met in Serie A.
- However, the last meeting at the San Nicola between Bari and Palermo was in the Coppa Italia 2005/06 (0-0).
- Bari have picked up only two points from the last four match-days of Serie A.
- At home, Giampiero Ventura's side are unbeaten in their last seven fixtures.
- Palermo have collected 17 points in the last eight match-days, since the appointment of new manager, Delio Rossi.
- The Rosanero are unbeaten in their last seven league games (five wins).
- Bari have netted the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play (nine), while Palermo have managed only one in this period of the game.
Cagliari v Fiorentina
- These two sides have not shared the points in the last seven times they have faced each other in Serie A, five wins to the Tuscans and two to the Sardinians.
- However, Cagliari have lost only two of their previous 29 meetings with the Viola at the Sant'Elia, winning 14 and sharing the points on 13 occasions.
- Cagliari are unbeaten in the last five match-days of this campaign, and have not lost at home in the last seven.
- Fiorentina have not drawn in their last 18 fixtures in all competitions.
- Away from home, Fiorentina have lost three of their last four Serie A fixtures.
- Cagliari have been the most prolific side in Serie A in the last 15 minutes of play (12 goals).
Catania v Udinese
- Udinese have won three of their last four Serie A meetings with Catania, drawing the other.
- Last season's draw was the only one in the last 15 meetings between these two sides in the top flight.
- At the Massimino the record is five wins to two in favour of the hosts, with the losing side failing to score in all five.
- Catania have collected 10 points in the six games they have played since the appointment of new manager, Sinisa Mihajlovic.
- The Sicilians have won their last two fixtures at home, without conceding a single goal.
- Udinese are winless in their last six Serie A games, and have picked up only two points in the process.
- Udinese have picked up only three points on the road this season, a league-low.
Chievo v Bologna
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Bologna in the top flight, two wins and as many draws.
- At the Bentegodi, Chievo are unbeaten against Bologna in Serie A (three wins and two draws).
- However, Bologna have picked up seven points from the last three league games, in which they have always netted two goals.
- Bologna's win at Fiorentina ended a run of 17 winless games away from home for them in the league.
- Bologna have attempted the fewest shots so far in this campaign (71).
- Henry Gimenez has been directly involved in four of Bologna's goals over the last three match-days of Serie A (scoring three and assisting one).
Juventus v Lazio
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 10 meetings with Lazio in the league (seven wins for the Bianconeri and three draws).
- Lazio's last win against the Old Lady in Serie A was in December 2003; however, the Biancocelesti did beat Juve last season in the Coppa Italia (winning both legs 2-1).
- Juve have won four of their last five meetings with Lazio in Turin.
- Last Saturday's defeat against Roma was Juve's third consecutive loss in the league, and the fifth in the last six match-days.
- Lazio are winless in their last three fixtures, and have managed to take all three points only once in the last five.
- After beating Chievo at the Bentegodi on their first away game of the season, Lazio have failed to win on the road since, scoring only three goals in the process.
AC Milan v Livorno
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Livorno in the league (four wins and three draws, including 0-0 earlier this season).
- The last meeting at the San Siro between these two sides also ended in a draw, in February 2008.
- At home, the Rossoneri have managed to beat Livorno only four times in their last eight meetings, being held to a draw in the other four.
- Livorno's last win at the San Siro against AC Milan was in June 1942.
- Leonardo's side have managed six wins in their last seven home fixtures, defeat against Palermo completes this record.
- The Amaranto have lost three of their last four league games, and have also been defeated in four of their last five on the road.
Napoli v Genoa
- Genoa have won their last five league meetings with Napoli.
- The Partenopei have managed only one win in their last 11 Serie A games against Genoa.
- At the San Paolo, the hosts have won against Genoa only once in their last five meetings.
- However, Napoli are unbeaten at home this term (six wins and four draws).
- Genoa have picked up only one point from their last six away games in Serie A.
- Genoa have the second-best attack (35 goals scored) and the second-worst defence (36 conceded) in Serie A this season.
- Napoli are still unbeaten since the appointment of new manager, Walter Mazzarri (eight wins and six draws).
- Genoa have already conceded 13 goals from set-piece situations, only bottom side Siena have done worse (15).
Parma v Inter
- Parma and Inter have met 37 times in the top flight: the Nerazzurri lead by 15 wins to 11, with 11 draws completing the record.
- At home, Parma have a very good record against Inter, 10 wins to three for the hosts, with five draws rounding off the record.
- However, the Nerazzurri have won all of their last five meetings with Parma in the league.
- Parma are winless in the last five match-days of Serie A, and have picked up only one point in the process.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last six league fixtures, since defeat against Juve back in December, but have won only one of their last four away from home.
- Last Sunday's win in the derby allowed José Mourinho to extend his unbeaten run at home in league games to 129 fixtures, since Porto's defeat against Beira Mar in February 2002.
- The Nerazzurri boast the best defence (19 goals conceded) and best attack of this competition (45 scored, 13 of which have been netted by current Serie A joint-top scorer, Diego Milito).
Roma v Siena
- Last Saturday's win over Juventus extended Roma's unbeaten run in the league to 11 games (eight wins).
- Claudio Ranieri's side are on a run of three consecutive wins in the league, and have been successful in their last six at home.
- The Giallorossi have beaten Siena in their last two Serie A meetings, prior to this Siena had beaten Roma twice in a row.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in their last 13 league meetings, a goalless draw in Siena in October 2003.
- Last Sunday's draw with Cagliari ended a run of four consecutive defeats for Siena in Serie A.
- After beating Cagliari in their first away game of the season, Siena have lost their ensuing nine fixtures on the road.
- Roma have scored the second-most headed goals in this campaign (nine), while Siena have conceded the joint-most headers (nine).
- Siena also have the worst defence of this competition (42 goals conceded).
Sampdoria v Atalanta
- Sampdoria and Atalanta have met 85 times in the top flight: the Blucerchiati lead by 33 wins to 23, with 29 draws rounding off the record.
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last 12 meetings at the Marassi.
- Atalanta have managed to score only one goal in their last three visits to Samp in the league.
- With last Sunday's win against Udinese, Sampdoria went back to winning ways after seven match-days.
- Atalanta have won only one of their last eight league games, losing five of these.
- Away from home, Atalanta have picked up only one point from their last four games on the road.
- Sampdoria are unbeaten at home in their last 19 league fixtures: the last team who beat the Blucerchiati at the Marassi were Palermo, in January 2009.
- Atalanta have conceded the most goals before half-time (19 so far).