Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 30-31 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics
Bari v Udinese
- These two sides have met 22 times in the top-flight: Bari lead by 10 wins to five, with seven draws.
- Bari are unbeaten against Udinese at home in 11 Serie A meetings (eight wins and three draws).
- Giampiero Ventura's side are on a run of three consecutive defeats in the league, and have managed only one win from their last seven games.
- However, at home Bari suffered only one defeat in their last six fixtures, winning four of these.
- After losing five consecutive games between the end of last season and the beginning of this campaign, Udinese have picked up 10 points from their last four games.
- Udinese won their last away game against Brescia - prior to that, they had lost three and drawn two on the road in the league.
- Udinese's current manager, Francesco Guidolin, has won four of his six previous meetings against Giampiero Ventura in the top flight.
Brescia v Napoli
- This is match number 35 between these two sides in Serie A: Napoli lead by 13 wins to eight, with also 13 draws.
- Napoli have managed to beat Brescia only once in their last eight Serie A meetings, three wins for the Rondinelle and four draws in the process.
- Brescia are on a run of four consecutive defeats in the league, and have lost six of their last nine in this competition.
- However, at home Brescia have won three of their last four games; a defeat against Udinese in their last match at the Rigamonti completes the record.
- Napoli are still unbeaten away from home this season in all competitions (three wins and as many draws).
- Brescia have scored only one goal in the second half so far - a Serie A-low. Napoli have been the most prolific side after the break (10 goals).
- In fact Napoli have gained the most points from losing situations so far (nine), but have also lost the most after having taken the lead in their previous eight games (seven).
Cagliari v Bologna
- Cagliari are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Bologna in Serie A: three consecutive wins, prior to the draw on the closing match-day of the last campaign.
- At home, the Sardinians have lost only one of their last 10 meetings with Bologna, winning three times and sharing the points on six occasions.
- Cagliari are winless in their last six fixtures in the league (three draws and as many defeats), and have failed to score in four of these games.
- Overall, the Sardinians have managed only one win from their last 22 Serie A games (5-1 against Roma on match-day 2 this season); 10 draws and 11 defeats in the process.
- Bologna have won only one of their last 11 games, sharing the points on eight occasions.
- Bologna have not won any of their last 10 games on the road (five draws and as many defeats).
- Alessandro Matri has scored four of Cagliari's last five goals in this competition, while Marco Di Vaio netted six of Bologna's eight.
Catania v Fiorentina
- Catania have won only three of their 26 meetings with Fiorentina in Serie A: the Viola have had the better 17 times, with only six draws so far.
- Prior to Catania's win in the last meeting in March, Fiorentina had gone unbeaten in 15 consecutive games against the Sicilians in the league (12 wins and three draws).
- Catania have scored only four goals in their last 16 meeetings with Fiorentina in the top-flight.
- Marco Giampaolo's side are winless in the last four match-days of this campaign (two draws and as many defeats).
- However, Catania have never conceded more than a single goal per game over the last seven match-days of Serie A.
- At home, Catania are still unbeaten in 2010 (nine wins and six draws).
- Fiorentina are winless in their last eight games on the road (six defeats and two draws), and have not managed to score more than a single goal in any of these fixtures.
Cesena v Sampdoria
- Sampdoria are unbeaten in the last six Serie A meetings with Cesena (four wins for the Blucerchiati and two draws), and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- Cesena have managed only one win in their last 12 meetings with Sampdoria in the top-flight, losing on seven occasions, four draws complete the record.
- Cesena have picked up only one point from the last five match-days of this competition (1-1 at home against Parma).
- Sampdoria have drawn four of their last five league fixtures, a last-gasp 2-1 win at home against Fiornetina completes the record.
- Away from home, Sampdoria are unbeaten in their last seven league games, but have been held to a draw in the last five.
- Sampdoria have scored 80% of their goals (eight out of 10) after the break - currently the highest ratio in Serie A.
Genoa v Inter
- This will be the 87th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Inter lead by 42 wins to 17, with 27 draws, including 0-0 in the last meeting back in March at the San Siro.
- Genoa have picked up only three points from their last seven league meetings with Inter, in light of three draws; four Inter wins complete the record, including 5-0 in the last meeting at the Marassi in October 2009.
- Genoa have not scored a single goal in their last four Serie A meetings with Inter (two goalless draws and two home defeats).
- Genoa have managed to score more than a single goal only once in the last seven match-days of this campaign.
- Inter currently boast the best defence in Serie A (only four goals conceded over the first eight match-days).
- Away from home, the Italian champions have shipped only two goals in the last six fixtures between this season and last.
- Samuel Eto'o has already scored 15 goals in 13 games in all competitions for Inter this season; the Cameroon player is currently Serie A's top-scorer on seven goals.
AC Milan v Juventus
- These two sides have met 150 times in Serie A so far: Juventus lead by 51 wins to 46, but the result that has accrued the most is the draw (53 times).
- Last season the Rossoneri had the better in both fixtures against Juve, both by 3-0.
- Ronaldinho scored a brace in each of those two games; Juventus are the Serie A side against whom Ronaldinho has scored the most goals so far (four).
- Juventus have managed to beat AC Milan at the San Siro only once in their last 12 trips; four wins for the hosts and seven draws complete the record.
- AC Milan are still unbeaten at home in 2010 (10 wins and five draws).
- Juventus have won only one of their last 10 games on the road in Serie A, and have drawn the last two by 0-0.
- Overall, Luigi Del Neri's side have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league games.
- Juventus boast the best attack of this competition so far (16 goals).
Palermo v Lazio
- The record of previous meetings between these two sides sees Lazio leading by 16 wins to 15, with nine draws.
- Palermo have had the better in the last two meetings against Lazio at the Barbera (2-0 in May 2009 and 3-1 in February 2010).
- Palermo have collected only five points at home this season - only two sides have done worse so far.
- Lazio have picked up the most points away from home (nine), in light of three wins against Fiorentina, Chievo and Bari.
- The Biancocelesti are currently top of the Serie A table on 19 points after eight match-days: currently their best ever start to a top-flight campaign.
- In 1999/2000, when they won the Scudetto, Lazio had 18 after the first eight games of the season.
- Palermo have already conceded three goals in the first 15 minutes of play this season, while five of Lazio's six total goals have been conceded after the break.
Parma v Chievo
- This will be the 15th meeting between Parma and Chievo in the top-flight: the record is perfectly even so far, with both winning five times, and four draws (including last March's 0-0).
- Chievo have won at the Tardini only once so far (1-0 in November 2002); the hosts have had the better three times with as many draws completing the record.
- Parma are winless since their opening fixture of this campaign (2-0 win against Brescia); since then the Ducali have drawn four times (including the last two fixtures), losing on three occasions.
- Pasquale Marino's side have scored only one goal in their last three games, and share with Udinese and Cesena the joint-worst attack of this campaign (only six goals scored).
- Chievo have scored seven goals away from home this season, only Napoli and Palermo have managed more this season (eight).
- Chievo have conceded the most goals in the first half so far (seven out of the nine shipped in total in this competition).
Roma v Lecce
- Lecce have won only one of their 26 previous meetings with Roma in Serie A (3-2 at the Olimpico in April 1986); 17 wins for Roma and eight draws complete the record.
- Roma have won their last three meetings with Lecce, scoring always three goals per game.
- Roma have won an average of 2.27 points per game against Lecce so far in Serie A, more than against any other opponent in this competition.
- After drawing at the Olimpico against Cesena and Bologna, Claudio Ranieri's side have won the ensuing two games at home against Inter and Genoa.
- Lecce have won only one of their 11 total points this season away from home ( a 2-2 draw at Palermo).
- Lecce won their last league game at home, against Brescia last Sunday; the last time they managed two consecutive wins in Serie A was in 2006; since then they have gone 51 fixtures without back-to-back wins.
- Lecce have failed to score in three of their four games on the road this season.
- Francesco Totti is waiting for his first goal this season in Serie A; the Capitano has already netted 10 in 10 previous meetings against Lecce in Serie A.