Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 4th-5th December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania - Juventus
- In the top flight Juventus have won 12 of their 24 encounters against the Sicilian side, seven draws and five defeats complete the record.
- In the last six league games between these two teams though, the Bianconeri have won just once and have shared the points four times (all 1-1).
- The last time Catania won this fixture at home in Serie A was back in 1964, 3-1, since then there have been three draws and three away wins.
- Marco Giampaolo's men have lost only once in their last six league games, the derby game against Palermo, and have won twice.
- The Bianconeri are unbeaten in their last 10 league matches.
- Catania are unbeaten at home in the league in 2010, 11 wins and seven draws, at the moment the longest home unbeaten run in the league.
- Following their defeat in their first away game of the season at Bari, Juventus have won three times and drawn as many games on the road.
- In these six away matches, the Bianconeri have conceded just two goals.
Cesena - Bologna
- Half of the top flight matches between these two sides have ended in a draw (five goalless), five wins for the newly promoted team and three for Bologna along the way.
- At home Cesena have never lost a Serie A game against Bologna, four wins and four draws.
- Cesena have won only once in their last 11 league fixtures and lost eight times.
- Bologna have not won in their last 13 league away fixtures, eight defeats and five draws.
- Cesena, together with Bari and Genoa, have scored the fewest goals this season, just 10.
- The highest number of goals Cesena have scored in a single Serie A game is four and it has happened five times in their history, once against Bologna (4-1 in 1981/82).
Chievo - Roma
- Chievo have not beaten Roma in the league in their last 13 meetings, seven draws and six defeats in the process.
- The team from Verona have not scored a single goal against the Giallorossi in their last four Serie A encounters.
- At home Chievo have never won against Roma in the top flight, four defeats and as many draws.
- Chievo have failed to score in four of their last five Serie A matches.
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last four home league games, two wins and two draws.
- The defeat at Palermo interrupted Roma's series of seven games without defeat (five wins and two draws).
- Claudio Ranieri's team have won only once in seven away from home so far in the league and that was in Rome against Lazio.
Fiorentina - Cagliari
- These two sides have met 60 times in the Italian top division, the Viola have won 25 times, Cagliari 17 and there have been 18 draws.
- At home Fiorentina have won their last 15 Serie A meetings against Cagliari.
- The last time the team from Sardinia won at the Franchi stadium was back in 1972, since then they have mustered three points in 22 league games played in Florence.
- Fiorentina have won four of their last five league home games, including the last three.
- Cagliari have won both games since Roberto Donadoni was appointed as manager, away at Brescia and at home against Lecce.
- Before the win at Brescia, Cagliari had not won away in 16 games.
Lazio - Inter
- Lazio have not won against Inter in their last 13 league meetings, eight defeats and five draws.
- The Biancocelesti have lost their last four games against Inter without scoring a single goal.
- The team from Rome have netted just one goal in their last five home meetings against Inter in Serie A.
- Edy Reja's team have won only once in their last five league matches.
- At home though the Biancocelesti have lost just once in their last seven league fixtures, unfortunately it was the derby game against Roma.
- Rafa Benitez's men have not scored more than one goal in their last five league away games.
- Edy Reja's team have won each of the last eight games when they took the lead.
- Inter have earned the most points from losing positions this season, eight.
Lecce - Genoa
- Lecce have won only once in their eight previous Serie A encounters with Genoa, losing five and drawing two.
- Lecce have scored only one goal in their last six league meetings with Genoa in Serie A.
- Lecce have collected just one point in the last six Serie A matchdays (1-1 v Inter).
- Against the other team from Genoa, Sampdoria, Lecce lost their first home game of the season, prior to that game they had won three and drawn twice.
- Genoa have won only once in their last six away Serie A fixtures.
- The last seven league games involving Genoa have produced only seven goals.
- Lecce have conceded the most goals this season, 28.
Milan - Brescia
- Milan and Brescia have shared the points in eight of their last 11 Serie A encounters.
- At the San Siro, Milan have not lost against Brescia in Serie A since March 1967, five wins and six draws in 11 games.
- Milan are unbeaten in their last five league games, four wins and a draw away to Sampdoria last week.
- Brescia have mustered just three points in their last 10 Serie A games, losing seven of them.
- Milan have lost only once at home in 2010 in the league, against Juventus.
- Brescia have collected just one point in their last five away league matches, again at the San Siro against Inter.
Napoli - Palermo
- Napoli have won just twice against Palermo in their last 10 Serie A meetings.
- At the San Paolo, Napoli have lost only once against the Sicilian side in Serie A, in December 1951 (1-2), since then they have won seven and drawn four.
- The game in 1951 was the only time when Palermo scored more than one goal away at Napoli in the top flight.
- Napoli have not shared the points in their last seven league games, Palermo in the last nine.
- Delio Rossi's side have won four of their last five league games, including the last three.
- Napoli have won three and lost one, against leaders Milan, of their last four home games.
Parma - Udinese
- Parma have won only once in their last eight Serie A meetings with Udinese, losing four times.
- Parma have won 10 of the 16 top division matches at home against Udinese and have lost four times.
- Hernan Crespo has scored Parma's last three league goals.
- The Argentinean striker has already netted 11 times in the Italian top flight against Udinese.
- Parma have won just once in their last six home league fixtures, drawn four times and lost once.
- Udinese have lost their last two away games, at Catania and Roma, without scoring a single goal.
Sampdoria - Bari
- In the last four top flight games between these two sides, Sampdoria have won just once and Bari twice.
- At Marassi, Bari have won just once in Serie A, 1-0 in 1947/48, since then there have been 16 games with 12 home wins and four draws.
- The Blucerchiati have lost just once in their last 11 league matches but have shared the points seven times.
- Samp have won just once in their last six home league games and have drawn the last three.
- Bari have not won in their last nine league matches collecting just two points along the way.
- Bari have not won away from home in the last 10 and only twice in the last 25.