Italian Serie A Opta facts - 5-6 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Udinese
- Udinese have won three of the last four Serie A meetings with Bologna, without conceding a single goal in the process.
- Both of these two sides have won four times against each other over the last eight meetings in Serie A.
- Bologna and Udinese have shared the points only once in their last nine meetings at the Dall'Ara.
- At home, Bologna have drawn only once in their last 17 Serie A fixtures.
- Pasquale Marino's side have picked up only three points from their last seven league games on the road.
Fiorentina v Atalanta
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings with Atalanta, and won both fixtures last season by the same score-line (2-1).
- The Viola have scored two goals in each of their last five meetings with Atalanta in the top flight.
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last nine home meetings with Atalanta, alternating between a win and a draw.
- Cesare Prandelli's side have lost four of their last six fixtures in the league, including the last two.
- Atalanta have lost four of their last five league fixtures, with one win over Siena completing the record.
Genoa v Parma
- Genoa have had the better of Parma only once in their last nine meetings in the top flight (last season, at the Marassi).
- Over these nine meetings with Parma, the Grifoni have managed to score only three goals.
- In the last four Serie A meetings between Genoa and Parma, only two goals have been scored.
- Genoa are on a run of three consecutive wins at home in the league.
- Parma have picked up seven points from their last three fixtures.
Juventus v Inter
- The Old Lady have won only one of their last four league games against Inter, and have got the better of the Nerazzurri only once in the last five in Turin.
- Ciro Ferrara's side have won only two of their last five games on home soil, and have lost the last two games in Serie A and Champions League.
- Inter are unbeaten in the last eight match-days of Serie A (seven wins).
- Away from home, the Nerazzurri have notched up five wins and one draw so far this term, conceding only three goals.
- Inter boast the best attack in the campaign (33 goals scored), and share with Bari the best defence (only 11 conceded).
Livorno v Chievo
- Livorno have picked up only one point from their six meetings with Chievo in the top flight so far.
- The Tuscans have netted only three goals against Chievo in Serie A.
- Chievo have lost their last two games on the road, having gone unbeaten in the previous four (three wins and one draw).
- Livorno have scored only six goals in the first 14 match-days of Serie A, a league-low.
AC Milan v Sampdoria
- Sampdoria have beaten AC Milan in two of their last three league meetings, always by a score of 2-1.
- The Rossoneri have managed to beat Samp only three times in their last eight meetings.
- However, Leonardo's side are unbeaten in the last 13 games in Serie A (nine) and the Champions League (three).
- At home, Ronaldinho & co. have won their last three consecutive games.
- The Blucerchiati have won only once in the last five match-days of Serie A, losing three times.
- Far from the Marassi, Luigi Del Neri's side have picked up only one point from the last five games.
Napoli v Bari
- Bari last won at Napoli's ground in the top flight in December 1959; since then, the Partenopei have won nine of the ensuing 10 games, sharing the points once.
- Over these 10 meetings with Napoli at the san Paolo, Bari have failed to score on nine occasions.
- Napoli are still unbeaten in seven games since the appointment of their new manager, Walter Mazzarri.
- However, the Partenopei have drawn each of their last three matches, scoring only one goal in the process.
- Away from home, Bari have picked up only one point in their last three league games.
Palermo v Cagliari
- The "derby of the islands" has been played 16 times in the top flight: the Sardinians lead by seven wins to five.
- The last nine meetings between the two teams in Serie A have produced three wins for either side and three draws.
- However, Palermo have had the better of Cagliari in their last two meetings at the Barbera, scoring seven goals in total.
- Last Sunday's defeat against Chievo extended Palermo's winless run to five league games.
- Cagliari have won five of their last six Serie A fixtures, without conceding a single goal.
Roma v Lazio
- There have been three wins to each side and as many draws over the last nine Serie A capital derbies.
- Roma have picked up 10 points from their last four fixtures, as a result of three wins and one draw.
- Claudio Ranieri's side have not shared the points at the Olimpico this season.
- Last Sunday's goalless draw with Bologna extended Lazio winless run to 12 games in the league.
- The Biancocelesti have taken only three points form their last seven games at the Olimpico, and have never managed to score more than one goal.
- Francesco Totti is on target for his seventh goal against Lazio in Serie A.
Siena v Catania
- Siena and Catania have met six times in the top flight; Siena's win back in March ended a series of five consecutive draws.
- Each of the three previous meetings between these two sides in Siena have ended 1-1.
- After winning in Cagliari in the opening day of the campaign, Siena are winless in the ensuing 12 fixtures.
- Catania have picked up only two points from the last six match-days of this campaign.
- Siena have conceded the joint-most goals this term (24).