Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 6-7 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Udinese
- Atalanta and Udinese have met 53 times in the top flight: the Bianconeri lead by 22 wins to 16, with 15 draws.
- These two sides have shared two wins each in their last four league meetings.
- Prior to last season's 3-0 win, Atalanta had failed to win in seven consecutive league games against Udinese (four defeats and three draws).
- Atalanta have lost their last two fixtures, and managed only one win in the last seven match-days of this campaign.
- Udinese are winless in their last 14 away games in Serie A (nine defeats and five draws).
- Antonio Di Natale's goal last Sunday against Inter allowed him to consolidate his leadership as Serie A top-scorer with 19 goals.
- Atalanta have already conceded 24 goals before half-time this season, a league-high.
Bari v Chievo
- The only previous meeting between these two sides was Bari's 2-1 win in Verona in the reverse fixture of this campaign.
- Two years ago these two sides met in Serie B, Chievo won at Bari 3-2.
- Bari are on a run of four consecutive defeats in the league, and have scored only one goal in the process, conceding 10.
- However, at home Giampiero Ventura's side have lost only one of their last nine fixtures - six wins and two draws complete the record.
- Chievo have won their last two league games, away to Atalanta and at home with Cagliari.
- Their win against Atalanta ended a series of three defeats and a draw away from home for Chievo in the league.
- Last Saturday against Catania, Bari striker, Barreto, failed to convert a penalty for the fourth time this season, a league-high.
Bologna v Napoli
- Bologna and Napoli have already met 103 times so far in the top flight, Bologna have won 35, Napoli 34, with as many draws completing the record.
- In Bologna however, the hosts have won 27 times, with 12 draws and as many successes for the guests.
- Bologna have picked up only one point from their last three meetings against the Partenopei.
- Napoli's 1-0 win at the Dall'Ara last season ended a run of four consecutive wins for Bologna against the Partenopei at home.
- Franco Colomba's side have lost only once in the last eight match-days of this campaign, at home with Juventus (1-2).
- Walter Mazzarri's side are winless in the last five match-days of Serie A (four defeats and a draw).
Cagliari v Catania
- Catania have won three of their last four Serie A games with Cagliari.
- The Sardinians have netted a goal in each of their last six league meetings with Catania, and that was enough for two wins and draw.
- The Sicilians have never scored more than a single goal in their six Serie A visits to Cagliari.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side have lost their last two league games 2-1, but prior to this Cagliari had won their last two at home against Bari and Parma.
- Overall, the Sardinians are unbeaten at home in 10 Serie A fixtures (seven wins and three draws).
- Cagliari have dropped the most points from leading situations so far this term (19).
Fiorentina v Juventus
- Fiorentina have managed only one win in their last 16 league meetings with Juventus (3-2 in Turin March 2008); seven wins to the Old Lady and eight draws (including 1-1 in the reverse fixture) complete the record.
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides at the Artemio Franchi have ended as draws, three of which by the same scoreline (1-1).
- Cesare Prandelli's side have managed only one win in the last eight match-days (2-1 at home with Livorno); two draws and five defeats for the Viola in the process.
- At home, Fiorentina have lost three of their last four games, and have shared the points only once in their last 27 fixtures.
- Juventus have won only two of their last eight league fixtures; however one of these wins was in their last away game at Bologna.
- Alberto Gilardino has netted two goals against Juventus so far in all competitions; against the Bianconeri, Gilardino netted his first Serie A goal for the Viola, in August 2008.
Inter v Genoa
- Inter are unbeaten in the last six league meetings with Genoa: four wins to the Nerazzurri and two draws.
- The Grifoni have not scored a single goal in their last three meetings with the Nerazzurri.
- Genoa have won only once in their last 22 visits to Inter at the San Siro (3-1 in March 1994).
- After three consecutive draws, Inter got back to winning ways last Sunday at Udinese 3-2.
- Inter are unbeaten at home in 35 league games, since losing to Juventus in March 2008.
- José Mourinho is undefeated at home in league games for eight years: his last defeat was in February 2002 (131 games).
- Inter boast the best defence of this competition (only 22 goals conceded), and have kept three consecutive clean sheets in their last three games at home.
- The Nerazzurri also boast the most prolific attack of Serie A this season: 52 goals, 15 of which have been netted by Diego Milito.
- Genoa have lost five of their last six away games of this campaign, and picked up only two points from their last eight fixtures on the road.
Palermo v Livorno
- Palermo have won their last five league meetings with Livorno.
- However, the Tuscans have won two of the last four at the Barbera in Serie A.
- The Rosanero are unbeaten at home in over a year: their last defeat was in the derby against Catania in March 2009; since then, the Sicilians have notched up 14 wins and five draws.
- Since the appointment of new manager, Delio Rossi, Palermo have always won at the Barbera (six wins in six games).
- Livorno are on a run of three consecutive defeats, and have picked up only two points in the last seven match-days of this campaign.
- Away from home, Livorno have never scored more than a single goal in their last 13 Serie A games.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has netted three goals in the last three fixtures, and is the Rosanero's leading scorer with nine goals so far.
- Livorno have the worst attack of this competition: only 17 goals scored so far.
Roma v AC Milan
- AC Milan's 2-1 win in the reverse fixture, back in October, ended a run of seven unbeaten games for Roma against the Rossoneri in Serie A (five wins to the Giallorossi and two draws).
- At the Olimpico, the Giallorossi are unbeaten in the last four meetings with AC Milan (two wins and as many draws, including 2-2 in the last meeting).
- After drawing last Sunday at Napoli, Roma extended their unbeaten run in the league to 16 games (12 wins and four draws).
- Claudio Ranieri's side have won their last nine league games, and have not conceded a goal in five of the last seven.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last six league fixtures, and have won the last four.
- Away from home, the Rossoneri have managed five wins in their last seven fixtures.
- Roma have scored the most goals after half-time this season (24), and have recouped the most points from trailing situations so far (17).
Sampdoria v Lazio
- Sampdoria have won only one of their last six Serie A meetings with Lazio.
- However, at home the Blucerchiati are unbeaten in the last four league meetings with the Biancocelesti (three wins for the hosts and a draw).
- Lazio have scored only one goal in their last four visits to Sampdoria in the league.
- Gigi Del Neri's side are unbeaten at home in 21 league games (11 wins and 10 draws), but have not scored a single goal in their last two fixtures at Inter and Parma.
- Lazio have managed only one win in the last eight match-days of this campaign (2-0 at Parma).
- This win was also the only one for Lazio in their last 12 games on the road in Serie A.
- Lazio have conceded only 11 goals after half-time this season, a league-low.
Siena v Parma
- Siena and Parma have already met 11 times in the top flight: the Tuscans have won only once, on the last occasion they hosted Parma, in March 2008.
- Parma had the better of Siena in their first two visits to the Franchi; since then there have been two draws in the ensuing two meetings, before the hosts won the last meeting.
- Siena have picked up seven points from the last three match-days of this campaign, as a result of wins against Chievo and Livorno and a goalless draw with Napoli.
- However, Siena are still winless at home in 2010, after two draws and as many defeats.
- Last Sunday's win over Sampdoria ended a run of nine consecutive winless games for Parma in the league.
- Away from home, Francesco Guidolin's side are still on a run of five consecutive defeats, and have picked up only one point from their last six games.
- Parma have conceded the most headed goals in this competition this season (10).
- Siena have scored the fewest goals before half-time this season (only seven).