La Liga Opta Facts - 11-13 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Espanyol - Real Zaragoza
- Espanyol have only won two of their last 11 top-flight meetings with Real Zaragoza (D4 L5).
- The periquitos have beaten the maños in their last two games at home in La Liga.
- Real Zaragoza have won the last two games against Espanyol in Primera.
- The maños have only won on one of their last six trips to Espanyol in the league (D2 L3).
- Espanyol have scored more goals (14) in their last seven games than in the 16 before this (13).
- Zaragoza are yet to win on the road in Liga BBVA this season, registering just three draws, and have three fewer points away from home than any other side (3).
- Real Zaragoza are without a win in 11 league games away from home: the last time they had a run this long in one season they were relegated (14 in 07/08).
- The Aragonese side are without a win in their last 14 league games (D3 L11), failure to win today would see them equal their poorest-ever winless run in the top-flight (15 games in 42/43).
- Pochettino's side are unbeaten in seven straight league games (W4 D3).
- Zaragoza, Wolves, and Hertha Berlin are the only sides from Europe's top five leagues who are yet to score from outside the box this season.
- Espanyol are unbeaten in the league this season when Casilla has played in goal (W2 D3), conceded 0.8 goals per game compared to 1.25 normally.
Málaga - Mallorca
- Mallorca have won just one of their last seven league meetings with Málaga (D3 L3).
- The bermellones have scored exactly twice in their last three wins over Málaga in the league.
- Just one of Mallorca's last 12 league goals against the boquerones has come in the first half.
- Málaga have won only one of their last eight league games (D2 L5).
- All six of Mallorca's league wins this season have been by a single goal margin.
- Caparrós' men are the joint-lowest scoring side in the last 15 minutes of LigaBBVA matches this season (2).
- Málaga have scored the most goals from direct free kicks in the league this season (three).
- Excluding penalties, Mallorca have scored the fewest goals from inside the area in La Liga this season (11).
- Tomás Pina has made the most fouls in La Liga this season (52).
- In 15 league meetings with Mallorca, Manuel Pellegrini has lost just one (W11 D3).
Osasuna - Barcelona
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last five league visits to Pamplona (W2 D3).
- Osasuna have only managed to score in four of their last 15 league meetings with Barcelona.
- The side from Navarre have only won one of their last 11 league meetings with Barça (D3 L7).
- Osasuna are without a win in their last five league games, their joint-poorest run this season.
- Mendilíbar's side are without a win in their last three league games at home (D1 L2).
- Barça have won just four of their first 10 away matches in the league this season (D5 L1), their poorest start since 2007/08 (D5 L2).
- Osasuna, along with Racing, have played out the joint-most draws in the league this season (10).
- Barcelona have already dropped more points on the road in the league this season (13) than in the whole of 2011/12 (11).
- The rojillos have conceded the most penalties at home in the league this season, while Barça are yet to concede a single one.
- Messi has scored more than half of Barcelona's league goals since the start of 2012 (6/11).
Racing - Atlético de Madrid
- Racing have only won two of their last 13 top-flight meetings with Atlético (D4 L7).
- Racing have won just one of their last 10 league games at home to sides from Madrid (D4 L5).
- Atlético have only won one of their last six league meetings with Racing (D3 L2).
- Four of the rojiblancos' last five league defeats against Racing have been by the same scoreline (1-2).
- Racing have drawn their last two league games, and have drawn the joint-most in the competition this season with Osasuna (10).
- The side from Santander have only lost one of their last five league games at home (W2 D2).
- Simeone's men are unbeaten in five straight league games and are yet to concede with him as boss: the last time they kept six consecutive clean sheets in the top-flight was in 90/91.
- The side from Madrid have won their last two away league games: they haven't won three in a row on the road since 06/07.
- The cántabros' three home league wins this season have been by the same scoreline (1-0).
- Atlético and Racing, along with Valencia, are the only LigaBBVA sides who are yet to name two consecutive unchanged starting XIs this season.
Rayo Vallecano - Getafe
- Rayo beat Getafe by the same scoreline (1-0) in both their first top-flight meeting earlier this season and their first meeting in the second tier (76/77).
- The franjirrojos won none of their five home games against Getafe in Segunda (D4 L1).
- Rayo are without a win in their last seven Madrid derbies at home in Primera (D2 L5).
- Getafe won their last two meetings against Rayo in Segunda: 3-1 and 2-1 in 03/04 (when Geta were promoted and Rayo were relegated).
- The azulones have lost their last three derbies away from home in Primera (F2 A10).
- All four draws between Rayo and Getafe at Vallecas in the second tier finished with the same scoreline: 1-1.
- Only Real Madrid have drawn fewer games at home in LigaBBVA this season than Rayo (1).
- Rayo's last three league wins have been by the same scoreline (2-1).
- Luis García's men are unbeaten in their last four league away games (W3 D1), they have never before gone five unbeaten in a row in the top flight.
- Getafe's last three league away wins have been by the same scoreline: 2-1.
Real Betis - Athletic Bilbao
- Athletic have won on their last two league visits to Betis.
- The verdiblancos have scored in all but one of their last 12 league games at home to Athletic.
- Betis have only won one of their last five league games against Athletic: the meeting earlier this season (W1 D1 L3).
- The Basque side have scored in all but one of their last eight league games (except against Getafe).
- Pepe Mel's side are without a win in four in the league (D1 L3).
- Bielsa's men have lost just one of their last eight league away games, against Real Madrid (W3 D4).
- Only Sporting (2) have kept fewer clean sheets in the league this season than Athletic (3).
- The side from Sevilla have won the most points from goals scored in the last five minutes of league games this season (7), while Athletic have dropped the second-most in this period (8).
- Fernando Llorente has scored in four consecutive league games for the first time this season: no player has scored in five in a row in 2011/12.
- Athletic have won none of the five league games in which Aurtenetxe hasn't played this season (D1 L4).
Real Madrid - Levante
- Levante have only avoided defeat three times in 13 league meetings with Real Madrid (W2 D1 L10).
- Real Madrid have won their last 10 league games at home to sides from the Comunidad Valenciana.
- The granotas are, along with Barcelona, one of only two sides to have beaten the blancos in the league this season (1-0 in September).
- Real Madrid have won 16 of their last 17 league games (48 points from 51).
- Juan Ignacio Martínez's men are on a run of six league games without a win, their worst run of the season, and have alternated draws with defeats each time (LDLDLD).
- Real Madrid have just three points fewer after 21 games than Barcelona did at the same stage last season (55-58), their best-ever start in the Spanish league.
- The merengues have scored the most second-half goals in the league this season (42).
- Since 03/04, Sergio Ramos is the top-scoring defender in Primera (30), ahead of Iraola (29) and Capdevila (27).
- José Mourinho's side have never lost when both Kaká and Özil have been in the starting XI in the league (W8 D2).
- Since 03/04, Ballesteros has seen more yellow cards against Real Madrid than against any other side (six).
Real Sociedad - Sevilla
- Sevilla have won six of their last seven league meetings with Real Sociedad (D1), three of them in Donostia.
- The nervionenses are on their worst winless run in the league since 2001/02 (D2 L5).
- The last time Sevilla scored just 22 goals in their first 21 league games, they were relegated to Segunda (1999/00).
- Real Sociedad have failed to score in the last five league matches at Anoeta that they have failed to win.
- Just one of the seven managers to take over during the season in this Liga BBVA has lost their opening game (Manolo Jiménez at Racing, W2 and D4 for the rest).
- Spahic has seen the joint-most yellow cards in the league this season (10).
- The txuri-urdin have conceded the fewest headed goals in the league this season (2).
- Sevilla have lost the last three league games that Kanouté has started by the same scoreline (1-2).
- Kanouté has scored in all five of his league meetings with Erreala, bagging seven goals in total.
- Today's referee Iglesias Villanueva was in charge the last time Sevilla won (3-0 vs Getafe).
Valencia - Sporting de Gijón
- Sporting Gijón are unbeaten in their last four league trips to Mestalla (W1 D3), only Barcelona (5) are on a longer run unbeaten at Valencia.
- The Asturians have failed to score in their last three league meetings with Los Che.
- Valencia are without a win in their last five league games (D4 L1), their poorest run since 2008/09 (D3 L3).
- On the road, Sporting are on a run of three straight league defeats, shipping 10 goals and scoring only one.
- Valencia have dropped the most points owing to goals conceded in the last five minutes of league games this season (9).
- Sporting have kept the fewest clean sheets in Primera this season (2).
- The rojiblancos have conceded the most goals in the last 15 minutes of LigaBBVA games this season (11).
- Sporting have lost the most games by more than a one-goal margin in Primera this season (6).
- Unai Emery's win % in the league this season is lower than any of the two previous campaigns (47.6%, 55.3% in both 09/10 and 10/11).
- Aritz Aduriz has scored the most goals as a substitute in Liga BBVA this season (4).
Villarreal - Granada
- The only previous top-flight clash between the sides came earlier this season when Granada won 1-0 at home.
- Only Barcelona (0) have lost fewer home games than the yellow submarine this season (W4 D5 L1).
- Abel Resino has won his first two games with Granada by the same scoreline: 2-1.
- The nazaríes have drawn none of their 10 league away games this season.
- Only Real Madrid and Barcelona have taken more points from their last 12 league games than Granada (20).
- 25% of the Andalucian side's goals in the league this season have been scored by defenders, the highest proportion in the top-flight.
- Granada have won all three league games in which Ighalo has scored this season.
- Villarreal are unbeaten in their last eight league games at home with Pérez Lasa as referee (W7 D1).