La Liga Opta Facts | 11 - 14 April
Osasuna v Valladolid
- Osasuna have only won four of their last 14 top-flight meetings with Real Valladolid (D8 L2), and all four of these victories have come at the Jose Zorilla.
- Real Valladolid are unbeaten in six trips to Pamplona in La Liga (W1 D5), last losing there against the Reds back in 2001 (1-0).
- Since returning to the top-flight in 2000, only against Mallorca (11) have Osasuna drawn more games than they have against Real Valladolid (nine).
- The Reds are winless in three league games at El Sadar (D1 L2); their worst home run under Javi Gracia.
- Valladolid have won just one away league game all season; a joint-league-low with bottom of the table Real Betis.
- Los Pucelanos have kept two consecutive clean sheets; they have not kept three in a row in La Liga since May 2010.
- Juan Ignacio Martinez has lost all five previous meetings with Osasuna as a La Liga manager, with his teams failing to score in all five of these games (11 conceded).
- Oriol Riera has scored 11 league goals this term; the last Osasuna player to net more in a La Liga campaign was Ivan Rosado back in 2000/01 (14 goals).
- Javi Guerra has scored exactly half of Valladolid's away league goals this season (seven of 14).
Celta Vigo v Real Sociedad
- Celta Vigo are without a win in six top-flight meetings with Real Sociedad (D3 L3), last beating them in La Liga in 2006 (1-0).
- Los Donostiarras have taken at least a point in three of their last four top-flight trips to the Balaidos (W1 D2).
- Real Sociedad lost 3-2 in Vigo on the penultimate weekend of the 2002/03 campaign; a defeat that ultimately cost them the league title.
- Carlos Vela is the only player to have scored four or more goals in a La Liga game this season; he did so against Celta in the return fixture.
- Celta Vigo have won just one of their last five home league games (D2 L2), though this was their most recent one (1-0 v Sevilla).
- Jagoba Arrasate's side have only won one of their last seven away league games (D2 L4); 1-0 in La Rosaleda.
- Only three of Antoine Griezmann's 15 league goals this season have come in the second round of games.
- No side has scored more goals in the 15 minutes directly half-time in La Liga this term than Real Sociedad (12).
- Nolito has scored three of Celta Vigo's last four league goals.
Villarreal v Levante
- Villarreal's victory over Levante in the reverse fixture ended a run of three consecutive defeats against their local rivals; their worst ever top-flight run against los Granotas.
- Levante won 3-0 on their last La Liga trip to El Madrigal; the same score that Villarreal won by at the Ciutat de Valencia earlier this season.
- Villarreal have won more points from Valencian derbies than any other team this season (10), while Levante have the worst record (three points).
- Marcelino Garcia Toral's side have drawn their last three home league games 1-1.
- Levante have only lost one of their last six away league games (W2 D3) and that was at Real Madrid (3-0).
- Joaquin Caparros has lost his last four La Liga games at El Madrigal; his last win there came back in 2007 with Deportivo (2-0).
- Villarreal have only won two of their six league games without Giovani dos Santos this term (D2 L2) and both these victories came away from home.
- Levante have recorded the lowest possession figure in each of the last two La Liga seasons, in each case being the only team to average under 40%.
- Levante's last eight league goals away from home have all been scored by different players.
Granada v Barcelona
- Granada have only won four of their 19 previous home league meetings with Barcelona (D4 L11).
- Granada's last league victory over the Catalans came back in the 1971/72 season (2-0); the campaign in which they recorded their joint-best league finish (sixth).
- Barcelona have won their last four league trips to Granada; their best ever away run against los Nazaries.
- Two of Barcelona's last three league goals in Los Carmenes have been direct free kicks (Xavi in 2011 and Lionel Messi in 2013).
- Granada are looking to avoid losing four consecutive league games for the first time since their most recent promotion.
- Barca have won five consecutive league games since losing 1-0 in Pucela in March; their best run of the second round of fixtures so far.
- Barcelona have won five penalties in their last four league games; only one fewer than Granada have won all season (six).
- Lionel Messi has scored seven of Barcelona's last 10 league goals, with four of them coming from the penalty spot.
- Lucas Alcaraz has lost 10 of his 11 league meetings with Barca as a manager (five goals scored, 26 conceded).
- El-Arabi has directly participated in each of Granada's last six league goals (four goals, two assists).
Real Madrid v Almeria
- Real Madrid have won five of their last six league meetings with Almeria, scoring a total of 13 goals across the last two.
- The Whites won 8-1 in their last home league meeting with Almeria; the first time they had scored eight or more goals in a league game since a 9-1 victory over Real Sociedad in 1967.
- Almeria have lost all four previous league trips to the Bernabeu (since reforming), scoring four and conceding 18.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in four of his five previous league meetings with Almeria (five goals in total).
- Carlo Ancelotti's side have earned a league-high 35 points in 2014 so far.
- Almeria have taken just five points from the last 27 on offer; the worst run of any La Liga side over the last nine matches.
- Diego Lopez needs just one clean sheet to equal Iker Casillas's best return in a single La Liga campaign (15 in 2004/05 and 2009/10, Lopez has 14 currently).
- No midfielder in Almeria's top-flight history has scored more La Liga goals for the club than Fernando Soriano (14).
- Gareth Bale has scored five goals from outside the area this season; the same total that Cristiano Ronaldo managed in his first La Liga campaign.
- The Whites are unbeaten in 21 home league meetings with sides from Andalusia (W20 D1); their last defeat came in 2008 against Sevilla (3-4).
Betis v Sevilla
- Betis have only won two of their last 11 league games against Sevilla (D4 L5), with both wins coming at the Sanchez-Pizjuan.
- Sevilla are unbeaten in five league trips to the home of the Green-and-Whites, but have only won one of these games (2-0 in 2008).
- Sevilla have been shown three red cards in their last four league trips to the Benito Villamarin (Betis just one in these games).
- Gabriel Humberto Calderon will be hoping to become the first Betis manager to record a home league win over Sevilla since Lorenzo Serra Ferrer in 2006 (2-1).
- Unai Emery has lost two of his four previous away games against Betis as a top-flight manager (W1 D1).
- Betis have only won one of their last five league games (D1 L3) and that came away from home (3-1 at Levante).
- Sevilla won 2-0 on their last trip to the Benito Villamarin in the Europa League; this was the first ever European tie between the two Seville sides.
- Ivan Rakitic has directly participated in six of Sevilla's last 11 league goals against Real Betis (three goals, three assists).
- Sevilla have won seven of their last eight league games; Betis have only won five overall this term.
Valencia v Elche
- Valencia have won eight of their last 10 top-flight meetings with Elche (D1 L1), losing only the most recent clash (2-1 this season).
- Elche's one previous victory at the Mestalla in the Primera came way back in 1965 (2-1); the year current Elche boss Fran Escriba was born.
- Los Che have won nine of their last 12 home meetings with Elche in the top-flight, scoring 24 and conceding just four.
- Valencia have won both regional derbies under Juan Antonio Pizzi in La Liga so far.
- Elche have the opportunity to do the double over Valencia for only the second time in their top-flight history (also 65/66).
- Valencia have taken 21 points from 15 games under Juan Antonio Pizzi; just one more than they claimed in 16 games under Miroslav Djukic (20).
- Richmond Boakye has scored four league goals this season; three have been headers and three have come in the 90th minute.
- Paco Alcacer has directly participated in six of Valencia's last 13 home league goals (five goals, one assist).
- Valencia have lost a league-high 20 from winning positions this season.
Getafe v Atletico Madrid
- Getafe are without a win in four league meetings with Atletico (D1 L3), failing to score in all four games.
- The Red-and-Whites have not won any of their last four trips to the Coliseum in La Liga, however (D2 L2), with their last victory coming back in 2008 (2-1).
- Getafe suffered their heaviest ever top-flight defeat in the reverse meeting with Atleti this term (7-0).
- Getafe have lost all four Madrid derbies this season, scoring just one goal. Atletico have won four of their five, scoring 19.
- Atletico have taken 79 points from 32 games this season; 10 more than Real Madrid had at this stage in 2007/08, when they won the league under Bernd Schuster.
- The Blues are currently on their worst ever winless top-flight home run, eight games (D4 L4).
- Atletico have won both league games played without Diego Costa this term.
- Ciprian Marica has scored as many goals in four league games under Cosmin Contra as he had in 18 games before the new manager (two).
- David Villa has scored in seven of his last nine league meetings with Getafe (10 goals in total).
- No side has scored fewer La Liga goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season that the Blues (five).
Espanyol v Rayo Vallecano
- Espanyol have won six of their last seven La Liga meetings with Rayo Vallecano (L1).
- Los Franjirrojos have not won any of their 12 previous away games against Espanyol in the top-flight (D3 L9).
- The last two Espanyol players to score a league hat-trick have both done so against Rayo (Kalu Uche in 2012, Sergio Garcia in 2013).
- Rayo have played more away games against Espanyol without winning (12) than against any other side in their Primera history.
- Los Pericos have failed to score in their last two home league games; they have never gone three in a row without a goal under Javier Aguirre.
- Rayo have only lost one of their last seven league games (W5 D1) and that was in the Bernabeu against Real Madrid (5-0).
- Sergio Garcia has scored five penalties this season; the last Espanyol player to reach this milestone in a single La Liga campaign was Raul Tamudo in 2004/05 (seven).
- Rayo Vallecano's last three assists have all been the work of Roberto Trashorras; Alberto Bueno has converted all three of them.
- Paco Jemez's side are the only La Liga team yet to lose a single point from a winning position this term.
Athletic v Malaga
- Athletic have won three and drawn six of their last 11 league meetings with Malaga, losing just twice.
- Malaga have drawn six league games against Bilbao since the start of the 2008/09 season; more than against any other side.
- Athletic only won one of their final four home meetings with Malaga at the old San Mames, but that was their biggest ever victory against the Andalusian side (3-0).
- Gaizka Toquero's final league goal at the old San Mames came in that 3-0 victory over Malaga in 2012.
- The Lions' last seven league goals against Malaga have all arrived in the second-half.
- Athletic have claimed 15 points from losing positions on home soil this term; the most of all La Liga sides.
- If they win in the San Mames, Malaga will equal their best ever run of consecutive away wins in La Liga since reformation (four, set in 2004/05).
- Aritz Aduriz has scored seven of Athletic's last 10 league goals.
- Nourredine Amrabat has directly participated in more away goals than any other Malaga player in La Liga this season (one goal, four assists).