La Liga Opta Facts 12-13 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Valladolid v Malaga
- Valladolid have drawn four of their last five league games and lost one.
- Malaga have shared the points in their last four league encounters.
- Malaga have not managed a win in their last 12 league matches.
- Last season, Malaga won 3-1 at the Municipal Jose' Zorrila but in their previous four league encounters on the same pitch three games ended goalless and one was won 1-0 by the hosts.
- Real Valladolid have drawn the most games so far in La Liga this season, six out of 13.
Sporting v Sevilla
- Sporting boast the best home defensive record (just two goals conceded in six games).
- Sevilla have won their last two away league games while drawing their last two at home.
- In Gijon these two sides have shared the points only five times in the top division.
- Sevilla's last win in this fixture away from home was 1-0 in April 1994.
- Their defeat at Tenerife was Sporting's first loss in eight league matches.
Getafe v Tenerife
- Getafe's last home draw was back in February against Athletic, 1-1.
- Michel's team have won four of the last five games they have played in front of their fans, losing only to Deportivo.
- Tenerife have lost only once in their last four league matches.
- Tenerife scored only five goals in their first nine games of the season but have scored eight in their last four.
- Tenerife have collected just one point from their six games away from home this season.
Atletico v Villarreal
- After a run of five games where Atletico collected just one point, Flores' team have now won their last two games without conceding a goal.
- In their last four league meetings these two sides have scored 23 goals between them.
- Villarreal have won at the Calderon just once in the top flight, 4-3 in 2007.
- In their last 11 home games in the league Atletico have lost just once, the derby against Real.
- Villarreal drew their first away match of the season, against Osasuna, but have lost the following five.
Racing v Xerez
- Racing have conceded the most home goals so far, 13.
- Xerez have scored just four goals in 13 league games and only one away from home.
- Only three Racing goals, out of 14, have been scored in the first 45 minutes.
- Racing have collected just one point in their six home games in the league so far.
- Xerez have lost their last three away games conceding nine goals in the process.
Barcelona v Espanyol
- Barcelona are still unbeaten in the league.
- Pep Guardiola's side failed to win in the two games when Ibrahimovic didn't play, at Valencia and Bilbao.
- Espanyol have conceded the most goals in the last 15 minutes, nine.
- Barcelona boast the best attack and defence of La Liga, 35 goals scored and nine conceded.
- Only Xerez (four) have scored less goals than Espanyol (eight).
- Espanyol have lost their last four league games without netting a single goal.
Almeria v Deportivo
- Almeria have lost five of their last six league fixtures shipping 16 goals in the process.
- Deportivo have kept as many clean sheets as Real Madrid and Barcelona, seven.
- These two teams have met each other in the top league in the last two seasons, in the first Almeria won both games, last term it was Deportivo's turn to win both.
- Deportivo have won four of their last five games away from home.
Valencia v Real Madrid
- Valencia are on a run of nine unbeaten games.
- Real boast the second best attack in La Liga with 31 goals scored.
- Valencia's last home defeat came against Valladolid back in March, since then they have drawn six and won six.
- Los Che have failed to score at the Mestalla only once in their last 29 home league matches.
- Since 2000 Valencia have beaten Madrid only five times in the league.
- Pellegrini's team have won just once in their last four away league fixtures.
- David Villa has scored one goal in each of Valencia's last four league outgoings.
Zaragoza v Athletic
- Zaragoza have shipped the most goals so far, 27, but only six at home.
- Athletic have conceded only three first half goals, as few as Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- Zaragoza have collected just one point from their last four league games shipping nine goals in the process.
- Since 1996 Athletic have won at La Romareda just once, 2-0 in 2004.
- Athletic won three away games in the whole of last season, they have already won three this term.
Osasuna v Mallorca
- Mallorca have scored 19 of their 26 goals after the break.
- Osasuna have won just one game in their last six in La Liga never scoring more than one goal per match.
- Only three of Mallorca's 26 points have been earned away from home.
- Mallorca have never won in Pamplona in the top division.
- Osasuna have failed to score against Mallorca in the top league at home just twice, in 1986 and in 2003.