La Liga Opta Facts: 12-15 April
Real Betis v Sevilla
- Sevilla have only lost two of their last 12 top-flight derbies played as the visiting side (W2 D8), and are unbeaten in their last four (1W 3D).
- The Green-and-Whites, who are unbeaten in six home games (3W 3D), will face a Sevilla side with the second-worst away record in La Liga; only Celta (four) have taken fewer points than them (seven) on the road.
- Real Betis recorded their biggest win of the season against Granada last time out (5-1); Sevilla, meanwhile, recorded theirs in the reverse fixture v Real Betis (also 5-1).
- That 5-1 victory at the Sanchez Pizjuan was the second-biggest in this fixture in La Liga after Sevilla's 5-0 win back in January 1943.
- This match will see the top two Spanish goalscorers in La Liga this season meeting off; Negredo (17) and Ruben Castro (15).
- 72% of the last 18 goals scored by Real Betis in La Liga (13) have been netted by either Ruben Castro (six), Dorlan Pabon (four) or Jorge Molina (three).
- Alvaro Negredo and Robin van Persie have both missed 22 "big chances" this season; the most across the top five European leagues.
- Federico Fazio has scored three league goals against Real Betis; against no side has he bagged more in La Liga.
- Only one of the 43 goals Real Betis have conceded in La Liga this season has come from outside the area.
- Unai Emery has already won the same number of games in charge of Sevilla as Michel this season (six) despite taking charge of 11 games fewer.
Real Valladolid v Getafe
- Valladolid have only won two of their seven top-flight meetings with Getafe (D2 L3).
- In the three previous meetings between Real Valladolid and Getafe at the Zorrilla, only one goal has been scored and it resulted in a home win.
- The Madrid-based side have never won at the Zorrilla in the top-flight, though two of their three trips there have ended level (1L).
- Djukic's side have lost their last three league games and are winless in five, their worst run without a victory this term.
- If Getafe avoid defeat here, they will equal their record of eight games without defeat in La Liga set between 2004/05 and 2005/06.
- Oscar has reached double figures for goals this season, equalling his best ever season in La Liga set in his last campaign with Valladolid (2003/04).
- Getafe have not conceded in 516 minutes of league football; Mallorca were the last team to net against them back in February.
- Only Real Madrid have scored as many goals in the opening 15 minutes of games as Valladolid (12).
- Valladolid have lost more games having scored the first goal this season (five) than any other team, while Getafe are yet to lose one having netted the opener.
Levante v Deportivo La Coruna
- Levante have won their last two clashes with Deportivo in the Primera, though both of those victories came at the Riazor.
- The Galician side have won their last two visits to the Ciutat de Valencia in the top-flight.
- Levante have only won one of their last nine league games (D4 L4) but that was in their last home game (1-0 v Sevilla).
- Deportivo have won their last three league games, their best run of the campaign.
- Deportivo have scored more goals in their last three games (nine) than they had mustered in the rest of 2013 combined (eight goals in 10 games).
- Levante have conceded more penalties than any other team in La Liga this season (nine).
- Deportivo are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season and have conceded an average of 2.6 goals per game away from home this term.
- Michel has participated in more goals than any other Levante player this season (five goals and six assists).
Espanyol v Valencia
- Espanyol have won only one of their last seven meetings with Valencia in La Liga (D1 L5); 4-0 in the clash at Cornella last season.
- Espanyol have won three of their last five home meetings with Valencia in the Primera, however (D1 L1).
- Espanyol are unbeaten in eight home league game (W5 D3), a run that coincides with the arrival of Javier Aguirre as manager.
- Valencia have lost just one of their last seven away league games (4W 2D) but are without a win in three.
- Sergio Garcia has directly participated in each of Espanyol's last five home league goals (three goals, two assists).
- Roberto Soldado has scored three goals in three league games for Valencia against Espanyol.
- The side from Barcelona have conceded nine goals from corner situations this season, a league-high figure.
- No side has drawn more league games than Espanyol (nine) this term.
Malaga v Osasuna
- Malaga have not beaten Osasuna in the league since April 2009, losing two and drawing five since then, with the last three all ending level.
- The Reds have scored at least one goal in each of their last five trips to La Rosaleda in La Liga.
- Malaga have only won one of their last six games on home soil (D3), with that win coming against Athletic Bilbao.
- Osasuna's last five away victories in the league have all come by a margin of two or more goals.
- The last time Osasuna had scored fewer than 26 goals after 30 games played was back in 1993/94 (21), when they were relegated.
- Jose Luis Mendilibar has only won one of eight top-flight meetings with Malaga as a coach (D4 L3), though that win did come against Manuel Pellegrini.
- The last seven goals scored by Malaga in the league have all been the work of South American players.
- In his first three La Liga games, Pedro Morales has collected two goals and two assists.
- Osasuna have not lost any of the eight games in which Kike Sola has netted this season (W6 D2).
- Osasuna are the only team in La Liga for whom a defender has not netted this season.
Rayo Vallecano v Real Sociedad
- Rayo Vallecano have won seven and lost none of their last eight home games in La Liga against Real Sociedad (1D).
- The Basque side have won their last two league games against Rayo, however, they have not won three in a row against them in La Liga since 1989/90.
- Rayo have scored at least twice in four of their last five home games against Real Sociedad in La Primera.
- Paco Jemez's side need only victory to equal the record of most wins set by a Rayo Vallecano side in a single campaign (15 in 1999/00).
- Real Sociedad are unbeaten in 12 league games (7W 5D), the second best unbeaten run of any team all season (Barcelona 19).
- Piti has directly participated in four of the last five goals scored by Rayo in the league (three goals, one assist).
- Real Sociedad defenders have netted 10 goals already this season; a joint-high with Barcelona defenders.
- The side from Madrid have won all eight home league games in which they have scored the first goal this term.
Atletico Madrid v Granada
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten in eight matches against Granada in La Liga (W5 D3).
- Atleti have won 10 of their last 11 home games against Granada in the top-flight, drawing the other.
- Granada have not scored a single goal against Atletico in three clashes with them since their promotion to La Liga.
- Atletico have only failed to net in one of their home league games this season, coincidentally in their only home defeat of the campaign (v Real Sociedad).
- Granada are without a win in seven league games, their worst run in a single top-flight campaign since 1975/76 (nine).
- Diego Simeone's side have scored the most penalties this season (eight), while Granada have converted the most spot kicks on the road (four).
- Radamel Falcao needs just two more goals to equal the 24 he netted last season, his first in La Liga.
- Guilherme Siquiera has participated in four of his side's last six away league goals (three goals, one assist).
- Only Aritz Aduriz (eight) has scored the first goal of the game on more occasions than Falcao (seven) this season.
Real Zaragoza v Barcelona
- Zaragoza have lost nine consecutive games against Barcelona in La Liga, conceding an average of 3.3 goals per game in this run of defeats.
- Los Manos have not beaten Barcelona in La Romareda in La Liga since April 2007, when a Diego Milito goal earned them a 1-0 win.
- Barcelona have won their last four trips to La Romareda, their best ever run of wins there in La Liga.
- Zaragoza are without a win in 13 league games (D5 L8), though they are unbeaten in three at home (D3).
- The Catalans have won the same number of away games this year as they managed in the whole of last season (11) but have only won one of their last five on the road (D2 L2).
- At no other away ground has Lionel Messi netted more goals than he has at La Romareda (seven).
- Helder Postiga has now netted 11 league goals this season, his best return in La Liga.
- Cesc Fabregas (three) and Alexis Sanchez (two) scored the goals as Barcelona won 5-0 last weekend in the first game Lionel Messi had missed this term.
- Messi has scored eight more away goals (23) than the whole Zaragoza team have managed at home (15) in La Liga this season.
- Since he joined Barcelona, Cesc Fabregas is the top scoring midfielder in La Liga (18 goals).
Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have won 14 of their last 15 league meetings with Athletic (1L), winning 3-0 on each of their last two trips to the San Mames.
- Athletic have kept a clean sheet in each of their last six league wins.
- If the Lions win this game, they will set a new record for consecutive home league wins under Marcelo Bielsa (currently on two).
- If they avoid defeat here, Real Madrid will set their best unbeaten run of this league season (currently eight, seven wins and one draw).
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored a headed goal in this fixture at the San Mames last season; he has not scored a headed goal on the road in La Liga since.
- Gorka Iraizoz is the last goalkeeper to save a Ronaldo penalty in the league.
- Despite that, only Javi Varas (10) has conceded more goals to Ronaldo than Iraizoz in his La Liga career (eight).
- Athletic were shown seven cards (six yellows, one red) last weekend, their most in a gameweek this term.
- Real Madrid have been caught offside more times than any other team across the top five European leagues this term (130).
- Jose Mourinho's side have scored 34 goals from the midfield this season, the most in La Liga (Real Sociedad next on 26).
Mallorca v Celta Vigo
- Mallorca are unbeaten in three top-flight meetings with Celta Vigo (1W 2D).
- The Galician side have won three of their last five visits to Mallorca in La Liga but are without a win in two (1D 1L).
- The Islanders have lost their last three league games, conceding an average of 4.3 goals per game in this run.
- Alejandro Alfaro has participated directly in six of the last nine league goals netted by Mallorca.
- Celta Vigo have won none of their two league games without top scorer Iago Aspas this season (1D 1L).
- Both Mallorca and Celta have lost 18 league games already this season, a joint-league-high.
- Tomer Hemed has already netted eight goals this season, equalling his return in his first La Liga campaign last term.
- Augusto Fernandez has netted three of Celta Vigo's last four away league goals.
- No goalkeeper has conceded more goals in front of his own fans than Dudu Aouate in La Liga this season (23).