La Liga Opta Facts - 12-15 December
Almeria v Real Madrid
- Almeria have only won one of their 10 La Liga meetings with Real Madrid, and this was during the Whites' first ever trip to the Juegos del Mediterraneo (D2 L7).
- Real Madrid have only kept one clean sheet in their five trips to the Juegos del Mediterraneo in La Liga (5-0 in 2013).
- The Whites have scored 17 goals over their last three league games against Almeria (W3), conceding only once.
- Almeria are without a win in eight league games (D2 L6); their last victory came back in September against Deportivo at the Riazor.
- Indeed, the Andalusian side have still not won on home soil this term (D3 L4); the last time they reached this stage of the season without a home win, they were relegated (2010/11).
- Carlo Ancelotti's side have set a Spanish record of 19 straight wins in all competitions.
- The Whites have scored twice or more in each of their last 11 league games, netting 46 in total in this run.
- Real Madrid have gone 71 league games without a 0-0 draw; 55 more than any other current La Liga side.
- If only home points counted, Almeria would be bottom of the La Liga table with just three points.
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (50.4 minutes) has scored more frequently than Javier Hernandez (51.3) this term.
- Toni Kroos has the best passing accuracy of anyone with more than 200 passes this term (93.14%); an honour held by a Barcelona player in each of the last five campaigns.
Getafe v Barcelona
- Getafe have only won two of their previous 20 league meetings with Barcelona (D4 L14).
- Barcelona are one of two teams (with Real Madrid) to have visited Getafe 10 times in La Liga and never drawn 0-0.
- In the most recent meeting between these sides, Lafita scored his only brace for Getafe so far.
- One of Pedro's two previous La Liga hat-tricks came against Getafe in December 2013.
- The Blues have only recorded one win in their last six home league games (D2 L3), scoring only three times across this run.
- Luis Enrique's side have won four consecutive league games for the first time since the first four games of the campaign.
- After keeping eight successive clean sheets at the start of the season, Barcelona have only managed one shutout in their last six.
- Since the defeat to Celta Vigo, Barcelona have alternated between winning 5-1 on home soil and winning by one goal away from home.
- Lionel Messi (7) and Barcelona (12) are respectively, the player and team to have hit the woodwork the most times in La Liga this term.
- Of all players to have attempted 10 or more crosses this season, Luis Suarez has the best crossing accuracy (70%).
- No player has attempted more shots without scoring in La Liga this term than Sergio Escudero (18).
Valencia v Rayo Vallecano
- Valencia have won 12 of their 15 home La Liga games against Rayo Vallecano (D2 L1), though they have lost two of their last four against them overall (W2).
- In 15 visits to the Mestalla in the top-flight, Rayo have only netted more than once on one occasion (November 2000) and they still ended up drawing 2-2.
- Rodrigo de Paul scored his first goal for Valencia against Rayo in the Copa del Rey last week.
- Valencia are without a win in four league games (D2 L2); their worst run of the campaign.
- Los Che have not scored in either of their last two home league games; they last went three without a goal on home soil in March 2011.
- Gael Kakuta has participated directly in four of Rayo's last six league goals (one goal, three assists).
- Rayo have already kept three away clean sheets this season, two short of the number they kept on the road last term and the same as the total in each of their last four top-flight campaigns prior to 2013/14.
- Valencia have the best shot conversion rate in La Liga this term (24.04%).
- Nicolas Otamendi has made more clearances than any other player (88).
Cordoba v Levante
- The four previous meetings between Cordoba and Levante in the Primera have all been won by the home side, though they have not met in the top-flight since April 1965.
- Indeed, the home side have kept a clean sheet in all four previous top-flight meetings.
- Los Granotas have only won one of their last six clashes with los Omeyas in the Segunda (D2 L3).
- Cordoba's win over Athletic last time out was their first top-flight victory since May 1972.
- Indeed with that triumph, the Andalusian side ended their longest ever run of La Liga games without a win (14).
- Levante have only won one of their last 10 away league games (D4 L5), failing to score in five of them.
- Despite that, los Granotas have scored at least once in each of their last five league games; their best overall run since October 2013 (six).
- Levante have the lowest shooting accuracy in La Liga this term (34.58%).
- Only Lionel Messi (55) has completed more dribbles than Fede Cartabia (48) in La Liga this season.
Malaga v Celta Vigo
- Celta Vigo have only lost one of their eight trips to Malaga in La Liga (W4 D3 since their reformation); their lowest loss ratio at any side they have visited at least four times (13%).
- Malaga have never kept a clean sheet in eight home games against Celta in La Liga, conceding 17 overall.
- Celta picked up their joint-biggest away win in the top-flight on their last trip to La Rosaleda (5-0).
- Alex Lopez recorded his only previous La Liga brace in that 5-0 victory.
- Malaga have scored in each of their last eight league games, this after scoring in just one of the previous five.
- Javi Gracia's side have only lost one of their last eight home league games (W5 D2), but this was their last game at La Rosaleda.
- Celta have failed to score in their last four league games; their worst run in the Primera since February 1995 (five).
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (81) and Messi (66) have had more shots in La Liga this term than Nolito (54, including blocked shots).
- Carlos Kameni is the only goalkeeper to have saved more than one penalty this term (2).
Espanyol v Granada
- Espanyol have a better win rate on home soil against Granada than any other current La Liga side (73.7%, P19 W14).
- Granada have only scored one goal in their last five top-flight trips to Espanyol, but it did earn them a 1-0 win (April 2013).
- Since 1974, Granada have won on every occasion that they have scored against Espanyol in La Liga, but they have only scored on two occasions.
- Espanyol have won just one of their last seven league games, but they have scored in each of their last five.
- On the other hand, the Parakeets are unbeaten in five on home soil (W3 D2), conceding only two in total in this run.
- Granada are without a win in 10 league games; if they don't win in Barcelona they will equal their second worst ever La Liga run (the worst is 15, in 1970).
- If the league had started in October, Granada would be second bottom on four points, just two ahead of bottom placed Almeria.
- Granada have the lowest shot conversion rate in La Liga this term (7.7%).
- Lucas Vazquez has been fouled more often than any other player in La Liga this season (44).
Sevilla v Eibar
- This will be the first top-flight meeting between Sevilla and Eibar.
- In the last six clashes between these sides in the Segunda, Los Armeros have never managed to score more than one goal.
- Indeed, Sevilla have won three of their last four against Eibar, losing the other by the odd goal (1-0).
- Sevilla and Atletico Madrid are the only two sides yet to lose on home soil this season (Sevilla, W5 D2).
- Sevilla kept their first clean sheet in six against Rayo Vallecano last time out; the run of five without one was their longest of the campaign so far.
- Eibar go into this game having won consecutive La Liga games for the first time in their history. They have the opportunity here to record two successive top-flight games having scored more than once for the first time.
- Gaizka Garitano's side have kept three away clean sheets this season; they have not managed one at home since the opening day against Real Sociedad.
- Sevilla have the best shooting accuracy in La Liga (61%).
- Xabi Irureta has faced more shots on target than any other goalkeeper (75) and has also made the most saves (54).
- Grzegorz Krychowiak has made a league-high 53 tackles and has committed a league-high 40 fouls.
Atletico Madrid v Villarreal
- Atletico Madrid have scored exactly three times in five of their last seven against Villarreal at the Vicente Calderon and have scored at least once in all 12 La Liga meetings at the venue.
- Diego Godin has scored nine goals in 135 league games for Atleti; he scored four in 91 for the Yellows.
- The last four league goals scored by the Mattress Makers against the Yellow Submarine have either come in the first 15 minutes or the final 10.
- If only home points counted, Atletico would be top this season with 19 points (out of a possible 21).
- Atleti are one of two sides yet to lose on home soil this season (W6 D1) along with Sevilla.
- The Red-and-Whites have scored at least once in their last 13 league games; their best run since October 2012 (16).
- Villarreal have won three successive league games; they have not won four in a row since October 2010.
- Atleti have scored a league-high 56% of their goals via headers this term.
- Mario Mandzukic has scored 12 goals this season in all competitions; twice as many as any other Atletico player.
Real Sociedad v Athletic Club
- Real Sociedad are unbeaten in four derbies against Athletic (W3 D1); this after they had lost three in a row.
- Athletic have won 56 of the 134 top-flight meetings between these sides, with Real Sociedad winning 45 and 33 ending level.
- Only against Real Madrid (26) have Real Sociedad lost more home La Liga games than they have against Athletic (19).
- Despite that, only against Espanyol (41) have the side from San Sebastian won more home La Liga games than they have against their rivals from Bilbao (33).
- Andoni Iraola has scored three of Athletic's last five league goals at the Anoeta (Fernando Llorente grabbed the other two).
- In the last five league games, Real Sociedad have alternated between winning and failing to score; they lost 4-0 to Villarreal last time out.
- Athletic's defeat to Cordoba last weekend ended their run of six games unbeaten; it was by far their longest undefeated run of the campaign.
- Markel Susaeta has averaged more crosses per game than any other player (8.73).
- Ion Ansotegi has made more clearances per game than any other player in Spain's top-flight in 2014/15 (8.17).
Deportivo La Coruna v Elche
- Elche have only won one of their five visits to La Coruna in La Liga, 1-0 in 1965.
- The home side has kept a clean sheet in the last three La Liga meetings between these teams.
- The last two clashes between Deportivo and Elche, both in the Segunda, have seen a total of 12 goals scored.
- Deportivo are without a win in six league games (D3 L3) and have failed to score in their last four.
- On home soil, the Galician side have only won one of their last eight, failing to score in four of those games.
- Elche's current winless La Liga run, meanwhile, stands at four (D2 L2); they have failed to net in three of those games.
- Elche have conceded 21 goals over their last eight away league games (2.6 per game), winning only once on the road in this run.
- Fabricio has the best save percentage of any La Liga goalkeeper this term (82.14%).
- Jonathas has scored 50% of Elche's league goals this term; the highest proportion of any player in the division.