La Liga Opta Facts - 13-16 February
Almeria v Real Sociedad
- Real Sociedad have scored just six away goals all season; a joint-league-low with Deportivo.
- The Basque side have only netted more than once on one occasion away from home all season, at the Balaidos against Celta, failing to net five times.
- Indeed, Real Sociedad are the only La Liga side yet to win on the road this term (D5 L5).
- Almeria's 1-0 victory over Getafe in their last home game was their first league win at the Juegos Mediterraneos this season and ended a run of 10 home league games without victory.
- Indeed that win over Getafe also saw Almeria keep their first home clean sheet of the campaign.
- In five previous top-flight meetings between these sides, both teams have won twice with one game ending level. Almeria have tasted victory in the last two clashes.
- The five league meetings have produced an average of 3.8 goals per game, with the two in Andalusia seeing 11 goals netted (5.5 per game).
- Indeed Real Sociedad have scored at least once in all five La Liga clashes with the reformed Almeria, averaging 2.2 goals per game.
- Almeria have won their last two league games, equalling their best run of the season.
- David Moyes' side have lost a league-high 16 points from winning positions this term.
Sevilla v Cordoba
- Sevilla have lost consecutive league games for the first time this season.
- The Andalusian side are unbeaten in 19 on home soil, however (W14 D5, 2.1 goals per game), their best run since April 1981.
- Sevilla have won their last five home league derbies, their best home run against fellow Andalusian sides since January 2008.
- Sevilla have scored in all seven previous home meetings with Cordoba in La Liga, averaging exactly two goals per game.
- Cordoba have only ever won once at the Ramo Sanchez Pizjuan in La Liga, drawing two and losing four of their seven visits.
- Unai Emery has never beaten Miroslav Djukic as a La Liga manager (D1 L1).
- Indeed Djukic is unbeaten in three previous clashes with Sevilla as a top-flight boss (W2 D1).
- Cordoba are without a win in seven visits to fellow Andalusian teams in La Liga; their worst ever run in top-flight away derbies.
- All eight of Cordoba's away league goals this season have come from inside the box.
- Excluding goalkeepers, no player has recovered possession of the ball more often in a game this season than Fausto Rossi did in the reverse fixture against Sevilla (17). The Italian is suspended for this game.
Real Madrid v Deportivo La Coruna
- Deportivo have scored just six away goals all season; a joint-low with Real Sociedad.
- The Galician side have won consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since April 2013.
- Real Madrid have won their last eight league games on home soil, scoring 30 goals at an average of 3.75 per game.
- The Whites have scored at least once in their last 25 at the Bernabeu, netting 87 in total in this run at an average of 3.48 goals per game.
- Despite that, Real's defeat to Atletico Madrid last weekend saw them fail to score for the first time in the league this season.
- Deportivo's last win at the Bernabeu in La Liga came back in October 2004 (1-0). Since then they have lost seven consecutive trips to the famous stadium; their worst ever run in this fixture.
- Real Madrid have earned nine points from losing positions on home soil; a league-high.
- Just 10% of Real Madrid's league goals this season have been scored by Spanish players; a league-low proportion.
- This is the first season since 2005/06 that a Real Madrid player has made the most successful passes at this stage of the campaign; Toni Kroos leads the way this season in a category traditionally dominated by Barcelona players.
- Real Madrid's three frontmen, Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema, have contributed 49 goals and 22 assists in La Liga this season. When taking the top three scorers for each side, this is the highest combined figure in the top five European leagues.
Granada v Athletic
- Ernesto Valverde has faced Granada five times as a La Liga manager and there has never been a draw (W3 L2).
- On the other hand, three of the four occasions that Abel Resino has hosted Athletic as a La Liga boss have ended level (L1).
- The one previous meeting between these two coaches in the top-flight was back in 2007 and ended 1-1 (Espanyol v Levante).
- Aritz Aduriz has scored six goals in six meetings with Granada in La Liga at an average of one goal every 68 minutes.
- El-Arabi has scored three goals in two meetings with Athletic at Los Carmenes in La Liga.
- Granada have scored in four consecutive home league games for the first time since gameweek 29 of last season.
- The Andalusian side are unbeaten in four meetings with Basque sides, something that has not happened to them in La Liga since December 1974.
- Granada have scored at least once in each of their last five home league meetings with Athletic, netting eight in total.
- Babin is one of only two outfield players (alongside Angel Trujillo) yet to miss a single minute in La Liga this term (1,980).
Malaga v Espanyol
- Malaga have not won a home league game against a side from Catalonia since October 2011, when they beat Espanyol 2-1.
- Indeed Malaga are without a win in five league meetings with Espanyol (D3 L2), their worst ever top-flight run against the Catalan side.
- Sergio Garcia has scored on his last two trips to La Rosaleda in La Liga.
- Garcia has participated directly (eight goals, six assists) in exactly half of Espanyol's 28 league goals this season.
- The Parakeets have only won one of their last 14 away league games, drawing two and losing 11.
- Los Boquerones are one of two teams, along with Real Madrid, to have won a league-high 12 points from losing positions this season.
- Carlos Kameni has saved two of the five penalties he has faced in La Liga this season (40%). Of keepers to have faced at least three, only Diego Alves (50%) has a better success rate.
- Malaga are the only La Liga team yet to lose a point with a goal conceded after half-time this season.
- Espanyol have scored 54% of their league goals in the final 15 minutes this season; a league-high proportion.
Valencia v Getafe
- Valencia have gone six league games without a clean sheet; their worst run without a shutout all season.
- Valencia are one of only two sides in La Liga this season yet to lose a game when they have been leading at some stage (W13 D3) along with Sevilla.
- Getafe have conceded at least once in each of their last 12 away league games, their worst such run since joining the top-flight.
- Getafe's one previous win league win at Valencia came in this fixture last season; they had taken just one point from nine visits to the Mestalla prior to that triumph.
- Valencia have scored at least once in all 10 previous home league meetings with Getafe, averaging 2.4 goals per game overall.
- Indeed these 10 games at the Mestalla have seen 35 goals netted overall; an average of 3.5 goals per game.
- Getafe are without a win in five away league games (D2 L3).
- The club from the south of Madrid are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season, conceding 16 goals on the road in La Liga.
- Diego Alves has saved more penalties (3) than Getafe have been awarded (2) this term.
Barcelona v Levante
- Levante have only won one of their 19 previous league meetings with Barcelona, 5-1 at home in October 1964, drawing four and losing 14.
- Barcelona have scored at least once in all previous 19 league meetings with Levante, scoring 58 overall at an average of just over three per game.
- Barca have won all nine previous home league clashes with Levante, keeping a clean sheet in each of the last three.
- Since October 2011, Barcelona have only failed to score once on home soil (v Celta last November) in a league game.
- Levante's 4-1 win over Malaga last weekend ended their run of nine games without a league win. It was also the first time they had scored four goals in a La Liga game since December 2012.
- Levante have only ever won once in Catalonia in their top-flight history (D3 L16).
- Lionel Messi has participated directly in 13 goals in 2015 (eight goals, five assists); almost twice as many as any other La Liga player.
- Barcelona have conceded four goals in their last two league games; the same total they had shipped in their previous nine.
- Barcelona substitutes have netted a league-high 11 goals this season, while the Catalan giants are the only team yet to concede to an opposition replacement.
- Barcelona have scored a league-high 42 second-half goals this term; more than twice as many as they have managed before the interval (20).
Rayo Vallecano v Villarreal
- Villarreal have scored in their last 16 league games; their best ever top-flight run within a single season.
- Away from home, the Yellows have only failed to net once all season (0-0 at Granada on matchday 3).
- In 11 previous La Liga meetings between these sides, Rayo have only won once (D2 L8).
- Indeed on home soil, Rayo have never beaten Villarreal in the top-flight, drawing one and losing four of five previous meetings.
- The Yellow Submarine have lost a league-high 12 points from winning positions away from home this term.
- Only one of Villarreal's last 17 league goals has been netted from outside the area (Moi Gomez against Real Sociedad).
- Rayo Vallecano have lost the most La Liga games this season (13).
- Denis Cheryshev has participated in more goals than any other Villarreal player in the league this season (13, scoring four and assisting nine).
- Gael Kakuta has lost possession of the ball more often than any other La Liga player in this campaign (449).
Celta Vigo v Atletico Madrid
- Celta have scored in three consecutive league games for the first time since the 10th gameweek of the season.
- Diego Simeone has won four and lost none of his five meetings with Celta Vigo as a La Liga boss.
- The Mattress-Makers have won their last three at the Balaidos; their best ever run in this fixture in the top-flight, scoring eight goals.
- The Galician side have won their last two home league games against sides from Madrid.
- Atletico Madrid have won their last four league games; their best run of the campaign so far.
- The Red-and-Whites have only drawn once on the road all season, with that draw coming in Vallecas against Rayo on the opening day of the season.
- Antoine Griezmann has scored in his last three league outings; his best run since January 2014 (4).
- Both managers of these games have scored in this fixture in La Liga when playing for the side they currently take charge of.
- Nolito's seven goals have won Celta Vigo nine points this season; only Elche's Jonathas has won more for his side with his goals (10 points from eight goals).
- A league-high 43% of Atletico's goals this season (20 of 47) have been headers.
Eibar v Elche
- Eibar have lost their last three league games; their worst losing run in their short tenure in the top-flight.
- The Basque side have also gone seven games without a clean sheet in La Liga; their worst run without one since promotion at the end of last season.
- Eibar won the reverse fixture against Elche 2-0; it was the first ever top-flight meeting between the sides.
- Elche have only kept one clean sheet on the road all season (0-0 v Getafe on matchday 11).
- Los Ilicitanos have conceded a league-high six penalty goals this season, with four of them coming on the road.
- Xabi Irureta has made more saves than any other La Liga goalkeeper this term (77).
- Only Athletic (100%) have scored a higher percentage of their goals through Spanish players than Eibar (80%) this season.
- Elche have conceded a league-high 42 goals this term and have also recorded a league-low of just three clean sheets.
- Eibar have faced more shots than any other La Liga side this campaign (326).