La Liga Opta Facts - 14-15 Jan
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao vs Levante
- Levante have never won at Athletic in the top-flight (D2 L4).
- The Basque side have won their last five meetings with Levante in Primera.
- Juan Ignacio Martínez' men have lost their last four league games on the road.
- Just one of Levante's last 12 league goals have come in the first half (Barkero vs Sporting).
- Bielsa's side have dropped the most points in the last five minutes of matches in LigaBBVA this season (6).
- Athletic have dropped the second-most points from winning positions in Primera this season (12).
- Levante have won every league match in which they have taken the lead this season (9).
- Bielsa's men have conceded the most goals to penalties at home in La Liga this season (3).
- Levante have used the fewest players in the Spanish top-flight this season (20).
- Arouna Koné has already scored twice as many goals in the league with Levante this season (six) than in four previous campaigns combined with Sevilla and Hannover (three in total).
Atlético de Madrid vs Villarreal
- Atlético have won just two of their last eight meetings with the Yellow Submarine in the top-flight (D1 L5).
- The rojiblancos have scored exactly three goals in four of their last five league games at home to Villarreal (W3 L2).
- Villarreal have scored in each of their last eight league meetings with Atlético (F20 A15).
- Atlético are the only side to have come from two goals down to beat Villarreal in Primera in the last nine seasons (3-2 in 08/09).
- Atlético have the same number of points (20) after 17 games as they did the last time they were relegated (1999/00).
- This is Villarreal's poorest start to a season in Primera: 16 points from 17 games, four fewer than when they were last relegated.
- The rojiblancos are on a run of three league games without a win, failing to score in their last two.
- Palermo (2) are the only side in Europe's top five leagues to have scored fewer away goals than Villarreal this season (3).
- The Yelllow Submarine have lost their last three league away games, and are on a run of five without a win home and away (D2 L3).
- Only Barcelona have conceded fewer goals at home in the first half in the league this season (0) than Atlético (1).
Barcelona vs Real Betis
- Betis are on a run of 10 league games without a win at the Camp Nou (D2 L8).
- Cesc Fabregas has scored the joint-most headed goals in La Liga this season (4, with Agirretxe).
- If Messi's 17 league goals did not count this season, Barcelona would have just one point fewer: without Fabregas' nine they would have four fewer.
- If Messi fails to score it will be the first time this season he has failed to score on three consecutive matchdays this season.
- Barcelona have conceded the fewest goals in the league this season (nine) with all of them coming from inside the area.
- The béticos are the only side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes in the league this season: Barcelona have scored the most in this period (11).
- Barcelona have kept the most clean sheets in Primera this season (11 in 17 games), three more than any other side.
- Barclona are the first side in the history of Primera to keep 12 consecutive clean sheets at home in the league (Almería were the last side to score at the Camp Nou in April).
- Betis have won every league match in which they have opened the scoring this season (six).
Granada vs Rayo Vallecano
- Granada won only two of their last 10 meetings with Rayo in Segunda (D3 L5).
- The granadinos have won both their home matches against sides they hadn't faced before in Primera this season (1-0 vs Villarreal and 2-1 vs Levante).
- Rayo were unbeaten in their last four visits to Granada in Segunda (W2 D2).
- Both meetings between the sides in Segunda last season ended 1-1.
- Granada are unbeaten in their last four league games at home (W2 D2).
- All five of Granada's league wins this season have been by a single-goal margin.
- The franjirrojos are on a run of four league games without a win on the road (D1 L3), with their one goal being an own goal (Gabi 1-3 at Atlético).
- Granada and Getafe are the only two teams yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of league games this season.
- Michu is the second-highest scoring Spanish midfielder (seven) in Europe's top-five leagues after Cesc Fabregas (nine).
Mallorca vs Real Madrid
- Real Madrid are unbeaten at Mallorca in the league since 2005/06 (W3 D2).
- The merengues have scored on nine of their last 10 league visits to Mallorca.
- In the last two seasons, Real Madrid have won just two of their six away games in the league in January, keeping just one clean sheet (W2 D2 L2).
- José Mourinho's men are on a run of six straight league wins on the road: the club record is nine from 09/10.
- Real Madrid are the best away side in La Liga this season with 22 pts from 27 available, eight more than any other side (Valencia, 14).
- If Madrid maintain their goalscoring record (3.6 per game) they will beat the record for a season in Primera (107 in 89/90) by 29.
- Mallorca have scored the joint-fewest second half goals this season in LigaBBVA (6). Real Madrid have scored the most in this period (35).
- Joaquín Caparrós has drawn just one of his 20 league meetings with Real Madrid (W5 D1 L14).
- Real Madrid have won all of their six league games without Di María since his arrival, scoring 5.3 goals per game, vs 2.7 per game with him in the side.
Osasuna vs Racing
- Racing have won four of their last five league visits to Osasuna (one defeat).
- Osasuna have won just one of their last 12 league meetings with the verdinegros (D3 L8).
- Racing are without a win on the road in the league this season (D4 L4).
- Osasuna are unbeaten in their last six league games (W3 D3): they have not gone seven without defeat since 2005/06 (10 games).
- After losing 4-3 against Valencia on the opening day of the season, Racing have bagged just nine goals in 16 subsequent league games.
- Racing are, along with Real Zaragoza, the only team not to have scored from outside the box in LigaBBVA this season.
- The side from Navarre have scored 67% of their goals in the first half, the highest % in the top-flight this season.
- Osasuna are the only side in LigaBBVA whose substitutes have not scored a single goal this season.
- Ibrahima has scored five of Osasuna's last 12 league goals.
Real Zaragoza vs Getafe
- Real Zaragoza have lost just one of the six league matches they have played at home to Getafe in the top-flight (W4 D1 L1).
- The Madrid side have scored at least one goal in five of their six top-flight visits to La Romareda.
- The maños are on a run of 10 league games without a win (D1 L9), the joint-poorest run of any side in LigaBBVA this season.
- Real Zaragoza have just 10 points after 17 games, their poorest-ever start to a La Liga campaign (always assuming 3pts for a win).
- The Madrid side are on their best run of the season, taking seven points from the last nine available.
- Zaragoza (9) and Getafe (7) have conceded the most headed goals in LigaBBVA this season.
- The azulones have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of league games this season (nine).
- Zaragoza have lost all 11 matches after conceding the first goal in the league this season.
- Only Sporting (8) have come from behind to pick up more points than Getafe (7) in LigaBBVA this season.
- Dani Güiza has scored four goals in four league games against Zaragoza: his joint-best record against any side (6/6 vs Osasuna).
Sevilla vs Espanyol
- Sevilla have won more league games against Espanyol (59) than any other side in the history of Primera.
- Espanyol have taken the second-most points over the last three matchdays in LigaBBVA (7/9), while Sevilla have taken the fewest (0/9).
- All but one of Espanyol's nine wins at Sevilla in Primera have seen them score at least twice.
- Sevilla's last six league goals against the periquitos have been scored by Negredo (3) and Kanouté (3).
- Along with Sporting's, Sevilla's midfielders have contributed the fewest goals in LigaBBVA this season (2).
- Sevilla are yet to pick up a point after conceding the first goal in league games this season, while Espanyol are yet to drop a point after scoring first.
- Marcelino has won none of his two league games at home to Espanyol as a manager (D1 L1).
- José Antonio Reyes' first-ever goal came against Espanyol for Sevilla in September 2001.
- Sevilla have won none of the last three league matches in which Jesus Navas has scored.
- The Catalonian side have lost just one of the seven league games which were goalless at half-time this season (W4 D2 L1).
Sporting de Gijón vs Málaga
- Sporting have only won one of their six meetings with Málaga CF in the top-flight (D2 L3).
- The boquerones have never failed to score against Sporting in six games in Primera.
- Sporting have not scored more than twice in any of their last 12 league wins at home.
- The rojiblancos have won just one of their last five league games (W1 L4).
- Málaga are on a run of four league games without a win for the first time this season (W2 D2), failing to score in the last two.
- Manolo Preciado and Manuel Pellegrini are the only coaches to have repeated the same starting XI from one game to another three times in La Liga this season.
- Sporting and Málaga are the only two sides in LigaBBVA whose defenders are yet to score this season.
- Three of Weligton's five league goals have come against Sporting de Gijón.
- Manuel Pellegrini has never lost against Sporting in the league (W5 D1: 0-0 with Real Madrid).
- Del Cerro Grande is one of the three referees in Primera this season with the lowest number of wins going to the home side (2).
Valencia - Real Sociedad
- Real Sociedad are without a win in their last 11 league visits to Mestalla (D3 L8).
- The Valencians have scored at least twice in each of their last 11 matches at home to Erreala in Primera.
- Unai Emery's side are the only team yet to record a 0-0 draw in the league this season.
- Valencia have won the most games by a one-goal margin in the league this season (7).
- Los ché have scored exactly twice in six of their last seven league games (except vs Betis).
- Real Sociedad are on a run of six league games unbeaten in the league: their best run within a top-flight season since January 2003.
- Valencia have scored in the most different LigaBBVA matches this season (16/17).
- The txuri-urdin are, along with Racing, the side who have scored the fewest goals in the first half in the league this season (4).
- Valencia have benefitted from the most own goals in the league this season (3).
- Agirretxe has scored the joint-most headed goals in Primera this season (four, with Fabregas).