La Liga Opta Facts - 15-17 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao v Osasuna
- Athletic have only failed to score once in six league matches this season (vs Málaga).
- However Bielsa's men are the only side who are yet to keep a clean sheet in LigaBBVA this season.
- Osasuna have failed to score on their last four league trips to San Mamés.
- The Navarre side have only won one of their last six league meetings with the Basque outfit.
- The Lions have conceded almost half (four of nine) of their goals this season between the 61st and 75th minutes.
- Athletic and Osasuna are the only two teams to have drawn twice after taking the lead in a LigaBBVA game this season.
- The Basque side have seen the joint-most red cards at home in Primeira this season (two, along with Sevilla).
- Fernando Llorente has had the most headed shots in LigaBBVA this season.
- All five of Osasuna's league goals this season have been scored by Spanish players.
- Osasuna have scored the most goals from corners in the league this season (three).
Barcelona v Racing Santander
- Barcelona have won 36 of their 43 matches at home to Racing in the league, losing just two.
- The cántabros have not won at Barcelona since 1983 (0-2), managing just two draws in 20 games since.
- Racing's last win against Barcelona in the league came in 2004 at El Sardinero (2-0).
- Barcelona have netted a total of 14 goals in their last four matches against Racing, conceding just one in the process.
- Racing have netted just one goal in their last five league games combined.
- All 23 of Barcelona's league goals this season have come from inside the area in open play, and they are yet to score a header.
- Pep Guardiola's men have bagged eight goals in the opening 15 minutes of league matches this season, twice as many as any other side (Betis, four).
- Leo Messi has been involved in over half of Barcelona's league goals this season (13/23).
- Andrés Iniesta has scored in Barcelona's last three league games against Racing.
- Barcelona have averaged 73% possession in La Liga this season, 11% more than the next side (Real Madrid, 62%).
Getafe v Villarreal
- Getafe have won their last two league matches at home to Villarreal, keeping a clean sheet in both.
- The azulones have never failed to score at home to Villarreal in Primera (seven games).
- There have been six red cards in total over the last five league meetings between the sides at the Coliseum.
- Getafe have conceded just two goals in total over their last six matches at home in the league.
- Villarreal are without a win in their last eight away games in LigaBBVA, failing to score in six of these.
- Miku has bagged four of Getafe's six league goals this season.
- Eight of Villarreal's last nine first-half league goals have been scored by Giuseppe Rossi, including all three this season.
- Getafe are yet to score a goal from a set piece situation in the league this season.
- Getafe have conceded the most goals in the last 15 minutes in the league this season (five).
- Only two sides (Osasuna and Real Zaragoza) have conceded more goals than Villarreal (11) in the league this season.
Granada v Atletico Madrid
- Granada have won just two of their last 14 league matches against Atlético.
- Four of Granada's eight wins at home to Atletico have been by a 1-0 scoreline.
- The last four draws between these sides have all been goalless.
- Atletico have won five of their last eight league meetings with Granada.
- On their last eight visits to Granada, Atlético have only scored in two, winning both.
- Granada, along with Sporting, Cesena and Bologna, are the lowest-scoring side in Europe's top five leagues this season (two goals).
- Atletico (97, level with Betis) have had the second-most shots in LigaBBVA this season after Real Madrid (130).
- Roberto of Granada has made the second-most saves in LigaBBVA this season (28) after Roberto of Real Zaragoza (34).
- No outfield player has started every game for Atlético in the league this season.
Levante v Malaga
- Malaga have won three of their four league meetings with Levante in the top flight by a 1-0 scoreline (plus one 1-3 defeat).
- All four of Malaga's goals against Levante in Primera have been scored by foreign footballers.
- The granotas have lost just one of their last 12 matches at the Ciutat de Valencia (three draws).
- Both of these sides are making their best-ever starts to a top-flight campaign, while Levante are top of the league for the first time (joint with Barcelona).
- Málaga have scored the most goals from outside the area in the league this season (four, all by Cazorla).
- Duda has played in five of Malaga's six league games this season: the only one he missed was the opening day defeat at Sevilla.
- Manuel Pellegrini has made the fewest changes to his starting line-up from one game to another in the league this season (five).
- Levante have conceded the joint-fewest goals in the league this season, all of them between the 61st and 75th minute.
- Malaga have scored the most goals from set pieces in the league this season (seven).
- Muñiz Fernández's games have seen more goals than any other referee's in the league this season.
Mallorca v Valencia
- Valencia have only failed to score in one league match this season, also their only defeat (vs Sevilla).
- The Valencians have won on three of their last five league visits to Mallorca.
- Only one match between Mallorca and Valencia on the island has ended goalless (in 2004/05).
- Mallorca have been saved by their own woodwork on seven occasions in the league this season, more than any other side.
- Valencia have made the most changes to their starting line-ups between one match and other in LigaBBVA this season (22).
- Los Che have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of league matches this season (three).
- Valencia have lost just one of their last 10 league games (one win).
- In 2011, Mallorca have taken 23 points from 14 home games, but just seven from 14 on the road.
Rayo Vallecano v Espanyol
- Rayo have only won one of their last 11 league meetings with Espanyol.
- Five of the 10 clashes between the sides at Rayo have ended in a draw (two wins for Espanyol, three for Rayo).
- Espanyol are unbeaten in their last seven league matches against Rayo (four wins, three draws).
- The periquitos have scored in their last five league matches at Vallecas (two wins, two draws, one defeat).
- The Catalonians have lost all of their away matches, while Rayo are yet to win at home in the league this season.
- This will be the third time that Raúl Tamudo has met his former club Espanyol (where he is all-time top scorer) in the league: he failed to score in the previous two.
- The franjirrojos are, along with Villarreal, the team who have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of the second half this season (three).
- Only Getafe's players (23) have been shown more yellow cards in LigaBBVA this season than Rayo (22y, 1r) and Espanyol (22y, 3r).
- Rayo midfielder Michu has won the most aerial duels so far in Primera (29).
- Only two players over 30 (Pandiani and Luis García) have appeared for Espanyol in the league this season, between them they have played just 159 minutes.
Real Madrid v Real Betis
- Betis have won on only five of their 46 trips to the Bernabéu in the top flight, losing 34.
- Real Madrid have lost just one of their last 15 league clashes with the béticos, drawing six and winning eight.
- The last meeting between the sides in LigaBBVA ended in a 6-1 win for Real Madrid.
- Since 1994/95, Real Madrid have only won a lower % of league games against Barcelona (26%) than Real Betis (43%).
- The Andalucians have lost their last two league games by the same scoreline (0-1).
- Real Madrid and Real Betis have scored the joint-most goals from penalties in the league this season (three).
- José Mourinho's men have scored the most goals in the final 30 minutes of league games this season (12).
- Betis have won both matches in which Rubén Castro has played this season, he could return to action this weekend.
- Real Madrid have won both league matches with Gonzalo Higuaín in the starting XI this season, netting a total of 10 goals in these.
- 13 of Real Madrid's last 15 league goals have been scored by Higuaín (five), Ronaldo (five) or Benzema (three).
Real Zaragoza v Real Sociedad
- None of the last 12 league clashes between Real Zaragoza and Real Sociedad have ended in a draw.
- Real Sociedad have the stronger record in head-to-heads between these sides in Primeira, winning 39 games to Real Zaragoza's 26 (26 draws).
- Zaragoza have won five of their last six league matches at home to Real Sociedad.
- Despite this, Real Sociedad have scored on their last seven trips to the maños' ground in the top flight.
- The Aragonese side have failed to score in two of their three matches at home in the league this season.
- Zaragoza have lost every match in which they have conceded the first goal in the league this season (two).
- Real Sociedad have lost their last two league matches, their poorest run since April.
- Real Sociedad have scored the most headed goals in the league this season (four).
- Zaragoza have committed the most fouls in LigaBBVA this season (110, along with Athletic), while Real Sociedad have committed the second-fewest (69).
- Aguirre's side have conceded the most goals so far (13) and have faced the most shots (117) in Primeira this season.
- The Aragonese side have conceded the most penalties in the league this season (four).
Sevilla v Sporting Gijón
- Sevilla and Sporting have only drawn once in their last 23 league meetings.
- Sevilla have won 13 of their last 14 league games at home to the Asturians, losing the other.
- The sportinguistas have conceded at least three goals on each of their last three league visits to the Sánchez Pizjuán.
- This is only the sixth time in their history that Sevilla have been unbeaten after six games in the top flight.
- It is three years since Sevilla last kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league (as they have currently).
- Only in 1997/98 have Sporting had fewer points after six league games than currently (one).
- 12 of the last 15 teams to have fewer than two points after six games in Primera have ended the season relegated.
- Preciado's men have manged just one win in their last 11 away league games, and have scored only once in their last five.
- Spahic has seen a yellow card in his last four league games, the longest such run of any player in the league this season.
- The gijoneses have conceded the most headed goals in the league this season (four).
- Sevilla are unbeaten in their last eight league games with Pérez Lasa as a referee, winning seven and drawing one (1-1 with Barcelona).