La Liga Opta Facts - 15-17 September
Malaga - Levante
- Malaga's four victories over Levante in six previous Primera Liga meetings have all come via the same scoreline; 1-0.
- Levante have won two previous top-flight games against Malaga, netting exactly three goals on each occasion.
- This is only the second time that Malaga, since their reformation, have taken seven points from their first three games (02/03), they have never gained more.
- The Andalusians have gone five games without defeat at the Rosaleda in the league (3W, 2D), they haven't gone longer unbeaten at home since a run of seven in 2009/10 (3W 4D).
- Levante have lost their last three away league games without scoring, conceding four goals in total.
- The Valencians won five away games in last season's La Liga, their best ever record in the top-flight.
- Malaga's new signing, Saviola, finished as his team's top scorer on his one previous campaign in Andalucia (nine goals for Sevilla in 2005/06).
- Four of Levante's six shots on target so far in 2012/13 have resulted in a goal.
- Of all players still playing for Malaga, Isco participated in the most goals last term (nine, five goals and four assists).
Valencia - Celta Vigo
- Valencia have won four of their last five league games against Celta, and only conceded in the one defeat of this run (3-2 in 2006/07).
- Celta have only won four of their 46 away games against Valencia in the top-flight.
- Valencia haven't drawn two consecutive games at the Mestalla since October 2009 when three in a row ended level.
- The last time Valencia had two points after three league games of a season was in 1979/80 - they finished the season in fifth place.
- Celta Vigo haven't won a top-flight game away from the Balaídos since June 2007 (3-2 at Atletico Madrid).
- Celta Vigo netted 33 goals away from home in the second tier last season; only Valladolid (36) scored more.
- Since his arrival at Valencia (2010/11), only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have scored more league goals than Roberto Soldado (37).
- All four of Valencia's goals this season have come before the half-time interval.
- Iago Aspas has created more chances than any other La Liga player so far this season (13).
Getafe - Barcelona
- Since 2007/08, only at the Vicente Calderon (three) have Barcelona lost more games that at El Coliséum (two).
- Getafe have lost more games against the Catalan giants than any other side in their top-flight history (11 - Real Madrid 10).
- Barcelona have won six of their last seven league meetings with Getafe (1L).
- Going back further, the Catalans have only lost two of 16 Primera Liga clashes with Getafe.
- Barcelona have won their first three league games; only once in the last 14 campaigns (09/10) have they won their opening four games.
- The Madrid-based side have the opportunity to beat Real Madrid and Barcelona at home in the same season for the first time in their history should they win this game.
- Barcelona have been shown five red cards against Getafe since 2006/07, more than against any other side in this period.
- Lionel Messi has scored more goals at El Coliséum than any other Barcelona player in the history of La Liga (three).
- Xavi was the top scoring Spaniard for Barcelona in the league last season (10).
- Lionel Messi (together with Cristiano Ronaldo) has attempted the joint-most direct free kick attempts in La Liga this season.
Sevilla - Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have won their last five consecutive games against Seville in La Liga; the last time they enjoyed a better run was between 1993/94 and 1996/97 (seven wins).
- Real Madrid's last two league trips to the Sanchez Pizjuán have ended with the same result: a 6-2 win.
- Only one of the last 23 encounters between Sevilla and Real Madrid has ended in a draw (2-2 in Andalusia in 2004/05).
- Sevilla's heaviest home league defeat in the top-flight was against Real Madrid back in 1963/64 (0-5, same as against Oviedo in 42/43).
- José Mourinho's side set a record for most away wins in one La Liga season last term (16).
- Sevilla have gone five consecutive games in the league without defeat (2W 3D), their best record since October 2011 (11).
- Higuaín is the only player to have scored in all three top-flight games so far this season.
- No player has scored more home goals against José Mourinho's Real Madrid in La Liga than Negredo (three - same as Soldado).
- Only against Malaga (10) has Cristiano Ronaldo scored more La Liga goals than against Sevilla (nine).
- In the last three seasons, only Real Madrid (25) have been awarded more penalties than Sevilla (19).
Espanyol - Athletic Bilbao
- Espanyol have won their last six home games against Athletic Bilbao in the league, they have never won seven straight games against the Red-and-Whites.
- Four of the last five draws between these sides in the top-flight have ended 1-1.
- Espanyol's last six victories against the Basque giants have all come by the odd goal.
- Athletic haven't won any of their last 14 visits to Espanyol in La Liga, their last victory came back in January 1998 (1-0).
- Espanyol have lost their first three league games, they endured a similar start in the last campaign in which they were relegated (92/93).
- The Lions have lost their last three league games away from San Mamés (with a goal difference of 0-9).
- Espanyol have already lost three points in the final 10 minutes of games this term - a league-high figure.
- The last time Athletic Bilbao had exactly three points after three games was in 2003/04 - they finished the campaign in fifth place.
Granada - Deportivo La Coruna
- Granada have only won one of their last five top-flight games against Deportivo (2D 2L).
- Granada's last two home victories over Depor in the top-flight have been by the same scoreline (2-0).
- Four of the six draws between these two sides in the top-flight have ended 2-2.
- The Galicians have drawn their last three away La Liga games, they have never drawn four in a row in the top-flight.
- Floro Flores has had more shots without scoring (13) than any other player in the top-flight so far this season.
- With his goal against Getafe, Riki became Deportivo's top scorer in the top-flight in the period since 2009/10 (13).
- Excluding penalties, Ighalo scored more goals than any other Granada player last season (six).
Osasuna - Mallorca
- Osasuna have failed to win any of their last six games against Mallorca in La Liga (D3 L3), their worst ever record against the Islanders in the top-flight.
- Mallorca have only ever won one game in 20 trips to Osasuna in the top-flight (0-1 in 2009/10).
- Osasuna have failed to win any of their last three home meetings with Mallorca (2D 1L), they have never gone four in a row without a win.
- Osasuna have opened the campaign with three successive defeats, their worst top-flight start since 1956/57.
- Mallorca have only lost one of their last eight league games (6W 1D).
- Osasuna have conceded four goals in the final 15 minutes of games already this season, the most of all La Liga teams.
- Mallorca are one of only two teams (with Real Madrid) to have scored the first goal in all three games so far this term.
- Five of the six goals scored by Nino in the league last season came at the Reyno de Navarra stadium.
Real Sociedad - Zaragoza
- Real Sociedad have lost five of their last seven clashes with Zaragoza in La Liga (2W).
- The last draw between these two sides in the top-flight dates back to May 2001 (1-1 in La Romareda).
- Zaragoza's last two victories away at Real Sociedad in the top-flight have both been by the same scoreline (3-1).
- The Txuri-urdin have only lost one of their last 11 league games at the Anoeta (1-3 v Levante in March 2012).
- Zaragoza have won their last two away league games, they haven't won three in a row on the road since the 1997/98 campaign (top-flight only).
- Helder Postiga's one previous La Liga brace came against Real Sociedad back in October 2011.
- Real Sociedad are the only team to have conceded two goals in the opening 15 minutes of games already this term.
- Griezmann y Agirretxe have scored more goals (nine each) than any other players at the Anoeta since Real Sociedad's promotion back to the top-flight.
Atletico Madrid - Rayo Vallecano
- Atletico Madrid have won their last two league meetings with Rayo Vallecano, but have never beaten them in three successive top-flight games.
- Rayo have only won two of their previous 11 visits to the home of Atletico in the Primera.
- Atletico's biggest ever victory in a Madrid derby against Rayo Vallecano was also Vallecano's first ever trip to the Vicente Calderon (4-0 back in 1977/78).
- Atletico have gone five straight derbies with Rayo without losing (3W 2D), their best ever run without defeat against Vallecano.
- Atleti have also gone eight games unbeaten in league competition overall (5W 3D), their best run since December 2008.
- Atletico and Real Madrid are the only sides without a goal scored by a Spanish player in La Liga so far this season.
- Falcao netted this season's first hat-trick against Athletic Bilbao; he netted two in last season's competition (v Racing and Real Sociedad).
- Juanfran has set up more of Falcao's goals (four) than any other La Liga player since the Colombian moved to Spain's top-flight.
- Falcao has scored 18 goals in 18 league games at the Vicente Calderon.
Valladolid - Betis
- Valladolid have only won two of their last 18 top-flight meetings with Real Betis (5D 11L)
- Five of the last seven top-flight encounters between Valladolid and Betis have ended drawn.
- Only Barcelona (eight) have won more times at the home of Valladolid than Real Betis (seven) since 1995.
- The last time these sides met in the top-flight was in 2009 in Sevilla. The 1-1 draw between the sides confirmed Betis' relegation to the second-tier.
- Betis and Barcelona are the only two sides to have scored two goals in the first 15 minutes of games this term.
- Djukic's side have the third best passing accuracy in La Liga this season (83.5%), while Betis have the worst (64.7%).
- Jorge Molina has banged in three goals from three shots on target this season so far.
- Valladolid have already been awarded three penalties this term, a league-high figure together with Sevilla.