La Liga Opta Facts - 15th May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Mallorca
- Almeria have only won one of their seven meetings with Mallorca in the Spanish top flight.
- The Andalucians have taken just one point from their last four games against Mallorca.
- However the islanders have never won at the Estadio de los juegos mediterraneos (two draws, one defeat).
- 10 of Mallorca´s 12 goals against Almeria in the top flight have come in the second half.
- Mallorca have scored in the 88th minute or later in their last five league clashes with Almeria.
- Almeria have taken just one point from their last eight league matches.
- The Andalucians have failed to find the net in their last five league games, the poorest such run in Liga BBVA this season.
- Mallorca have taken only two points from the last 15 available on the road.
Athletic Bilbao v Malaga
- Athletic Bilbao have won only one of their last eight league meetings with Malaga.
- However the Basque side remain unbeaten in the last five, drawing four and winning one.
- Malaga have won on only two of their 29 trips to San Mames in the top flight, losing 21.
- Only once in 29 matches have Athletic failed to score against Malaga in Primera.
- The last three league meetings have all ended 1-1, and in the last seven the sides have been drawing at half-time.
- Athletic have failed to score in only two matches at home in Liga BBVA this season (vs Villarreal and Real Madrid).
- Manuel Pellegrini´s men have won three of their last four league games on the road.
- Athletic Bilbao have not drawn at home in the league this season, the last time they did this was in 1959/60.
- Málaga are on a run of five straight league wins for the first time ever in the top flight.
- Julio Baptista has scored in six consecutive league appearances, only Sergio Agüero has scored in seven in a row this season.
Atletico Madrid v Hercules
- Atletico have won their last 18 matches at home to Hercules in Primera.
- This is the longest current run of home victories by one side against another in the Spanish top flight.
- The Herculanos have scored just two goals in total in their last 11 top-flight visits to the Vicente Calderón combined.
- Sergio Agüero has scored five goals in Atletico´s last four league games at home.
- Atletico have lost four of their last eight league games on their own turf.
- Hercules have scored in their last three league games on the road. Prior to this they had scored in only two all season.
- The Herculanos have picked up the fewest points on the road this season in Liga BBVA (nine).
- Just one of David Trezeguet´s 11 league goals this season have come away from home.
Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruna
- Barcelona have won their last six league meetings with Depor at the Camp Nou.
- Deportivo are the only team to have won three times at the Camp Nou in Liga BBVA since the start of the 2000/01 season.
- David Villa has scored 10 goals in his last 10 league appearances against Depor.
- Since his debut in Primera, David Villa has scored 11 top-flight goals against Deportivo, two more than any other player (Eto'o, 9).
- Barcelona have won their last 15 league games at home, their best run since 1974 when they won 21 in a row.
- Hercules are the only visiting side to have scored more than once at the Camp Nou this season.
- Deportivo have failed to score in six of their last nine league games on the road.
- Depor have either scored twice (five times) or failed to score (seven times) in each of their last 12 league games.
- Deportivo are on a run of nine away games in the league without a win.
Getafe v Osasuna
- The last two league meetings between Getafe and Osasuna have ended goalless.
- Osasuna have won on just one of their six visits to the Coliseum in the top flight.
- The side from Pamplona have also failed to score in four of these trips.
- Getafe have won their last two league games at home, after winning only one of the previous eight.
- Only two sides have picked up fewer points on the road in Liga BBVA this season than Osasuna (11).
- However nine of the side from Pamplona's 11 points away from home this season have come in their last five games (three wins).
- No side has picked up fewer points than Getafe (14) in 2011 in Liga BBVA.
- Six of Osasana´s last 11 league goals have been scored by Kike Sola.
Real Zaragoza v Espanyol
- Espanyol have won only two of their last nine league games against Real Zaragoza.
- There have been at least five yellow cards shown in each of the last five league meetings between the sides.
- The Periquitos have won on only one of their last seven league trips to La Romareda.
- Defeat in their last match against Osasuna ended a run of four straight league wins at home for Zaragoza.
- Espanyol have failed to score in their last six away games in Liga BBVA.
- Last season they went eight consecutive league games on the road without finding the net.
- Osvaldo has scored four goals in Espanyol´s last five league games.
- If the league had started on 1st Jan 2011, Espanyol would be 17th.
Sevilla v Real Sociedad
- Sevilla have won four of their last five league meetings with Real Sociedad, drawing the other.
- At home, the Nervionenses are unbeaten in their last four against Real Sociedad.
- There have been five red cards in the last five league meetings between the sides.
- Frederic Kanoute has scored in all three of his top-flight appearances against Erreala (four goals total).
- The 2-6 defeat against Real Madrid ended a run of seven league games unbeaten at home for Sevilla.
- The Nervionenses have conceded more league games at home this season than in any campaign since 1999/00 when they were relegated.
- Real Sociedad are on a run of eight straight defeats on the road in the league.
- They have conceded at least twice in each of these eight matches.
- Erreala have not lost nine consecutive top flight games in a row away from home since 1977.
Sporting Gijon v Racing Santander
- Racing have won on five of their last seven league trips to El Molinon.
- Sporting have won one of their last 10 league meetings with the Cantabros.
- Preciado´s men are on a run of nine league games unbeaten at home.
- After five wins in seven league games, Sporting are without a win in their last three.
- However they are unbeaten in nine at El Molinon.
- Racing have won three straight league games for the first time this season.
- They have never won four in a row in the Spanish top flight.
Valencia v Levante
- Valencia are unbeaten in five meetings with other sides from the Comunitat Valenciana in the league this season (four wins, one draw).
- Los Che are unbeaten at home against Levante in the top flight, managing four wins and a draw in five encounters.
- Levante have won their two meetings with other sides from the Comunitat Valenciana in the second half of the season (Villarreal and Hercules).
- The win at Villarreal was the first time they had won away from home in the Comunitat Valenciana in Primera.
- The last three league games at Valencia have produced 17 goals in total.
- Roberto Soldado has scored five goals in Valencia´s last three league matches at home.
- Levante have only won one of their last six league games on the road.
- Levante have won none of their last four league matches.
Villarreal v Real Madrid
- Villarreal have won just two of their 23 matches against Real Madrid in Primera.
- The last two meetings between the sides have produced 14 goals in total (10 by Madrid, four from Villarreal).
- The Merengues have won six of their last seven league clashes with the yellow submarine.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has only scored more goals against Malaga and Getafe (both seven) than he has against Villarreal in Liga BBVA (five).
- Ronaldo has scored within the first 20 minutes of all three of his league appearances against Villarreal.
- Real Madrid have already scored more goals this season than in 19 of the last 20 top-flight campaigns (last season: 107).
- Villarreal have only shipped more than one goal in one of their league games at home this season.
- Six of Villarreal´s eight league goals at home in the second half of the season have been netted by Giuseppe Rossi.
- In 12 of the 16 league matches in which Cristiano Ronaldo has scored this season, he has gone on to find the net again in the same match.
- Real Madrid have won their last five league games on the road, netting 20 goals in total.
- In their last two away matches, the Merengues have set records for the most goals scored as visitors at grounds in the Spanish top flight.
- Villarreal have never conceded more than five at home in the Spanish top flight.
- Six of the 12 hat-tricks in Liga BBVA this season have been scored by Cristiano Ronaldo.