La Liga Opta Facts - 16-18 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Getafe - Sevilla
- Getafe have won their last four league meetings with Sevilla, scoring 10 goals, nine of them by Spaniards.
- The nervionenses have won only one of their last six league trips to the Coliseum (two draws).
- Getafe are on a run of nine league games without a win, their poorest-ever streak within a single season of the Spanish top flight.
- The Madrid club are the poorest side in 2011 in Liga BBVA, taking just eight points from 15 games.
- Three of Sevilla's last four away goals have been netted by Ivan Rakitic between the 65th and 70th minutes.
- Sevilla have only lost two of the nine league matches in which Fazio, Rakitic and Medel all played, both away from home.
- Sevilla have only lost one of the six league games in which Kanoute and Jesus Navas both started, neither will play this weekend.
- Manzano's men have scored the most goals from penalties in Liga BBVA this season (10).
- Alvaro Negredo have hit the woodwork on more occasions than any player in the Spanish top flight this season (six).
- Getafe will be without Manu del Moral, their top scorer (nine goals) and the player who has played the most minutes for them this season after Cata Diaz.
Levante - Hércules
- The only previous top flight meeting between the sides was the 3-1 home win for Hercules in November.
- Levante are on a run of six league games unbeaten at home, winning five of these.
- A win in their last away match ended a run of 14 league games without a win on the road for Hercules.
- During this streak they bagged just one goal.
- Hercules are unbeaten in away league games in which they have scored (three).
- Only one player has scored in Liga BBVA for the Herculanos this season after coming off the bench (Kiko vs Malaga).
- Hercules have lost the most Liga BBVA games by more than a one-goal margin this season (11, the same as Getafe).
- Royston Drenthe is the only Hercules player to have scored from a direct free kick this season (matchday 11 against Real Sociedad).
- Felipe Caicedo has not started in three consecutive Liga BBVA matches this season without scoring.
Málaga - Mallorca
- The Baleares have only won on one of their last seven league trips to Malaga (three draws).
- Mallorca have won just one of their last nine away games in the league (two draws).
- 43% of the goals conceded by Malaga this season have come from midfielders, the highest proportion in the Spanish top flight.
- Malaga have had players of nine different nationalities score for them in Liga BBVA this season, the joint-most with Real Zaragoza.
- Webó is the only player to have scored for Mallorca after coming off the bench this season (vs Levante).
- Mallorca have used the fewest substitutes in Liga BBVA this season (76).
- Malaga have lost more matches after going ahead at home this season than any other side in Liga BBVA (three).
- Weligton returns after his suspension, without him Malaga have lost four of their five league matches this season, drawing the other.
- Clos Gomez, along with Ayza Gamez, has awarded the most penalties in the Spanish top flight this season (10).
Osasuna - Athletic Bilbao
- Athletic have won 12 times at Osasuna, with their hosts winning only 10 of their encounters in the top flight.
- However the Basque side are without a win in their last six league visits to Pamplona.
- Bilbao are unbeaten in their last two league away matches (one win, one draw).
- Osasuna have lost just one of their seven league games at home in 2011, against Atletico Madrid.
- Nekounam has scored four of Osasuna's last nine league goals at home in Liga BBVA.
- Osasuna have the most different goalscorers in the Spanish top flight this season (16).
- Athletic have scored the most headed goals in the league this season (16).
- Osasuna's defenders have scored seven goals in Liga BBVA this season, the joint-most of any team's.
- Athletic have scored the most goals from set pieces this season in the Spanish top flight (22).
- Osasuna have failed to score in all five league matches in which Vadocz hasn't featured this season.
Real Madrid - Barcelona
- Barcelona have won the last five meetings with Real Madrid, their best ever run against the merengues.
- The Blaugrana have never won six consecutive league matches against their greatest rivals, something that Madrid accomplished between 1962 and 1965.
- Pedro Rodríguez is the only player to have scored in the last two meetings between the sides.
- Lionel Messi has scored at least once on his last two visits to the Bernabéu.
- Messi (seven) is the only current player from either side to have scored more than three times in this match.
- The Argentine has scored (seven) or assisted (four) 11 of Barcelona's 20 goals against Real Madrid in the last five seasons.
- However in 11 matches, Messi has never scored against a side managed by Mourinho.
- The last three "clásicos" have produced three red cards in total.
- Real Madrid have scored in the opening 15 minutes of four of their last six matches at home to Barcelona.
- Barcelona are yet to lose a league game away from home this season.
- Real Madrid have won every league match in which they have taken the lead this season.
- Barcelona have conceded the fewest right-footed goals (eight) and Real Madrid the fewest left-footed goals in the league this season (three).
- The merengues have conceded the fewest goals from set pieces in Liga BBVA this season (three).
- Just two of Real Madrid's league goals this season have been scored by Spanish players (Ramos vs Athletic Bilbao and Granero vs Almería).
- Real Madrid are the most dangerous side in the opening 15 minutes of La Liga matches this season (11).
- However Barcelona have scored the most goals in each of the other five 15-minute periods.
- The Blaugrana are also the only side not to have conceded a goal in the opening 15 minutes of Liga BBVA games this season.
- Only two sides (Espanyol and Getafe) have scored fewer headed goals than Barcelona in the league this season (four).
- Barcelona have scored the most goals from outside the area in the league this season (14), over twice as many as Real Madrid (six).
Real Sociedad - Sporting Gijón
- Real Sociedad are without a win in their last three league games at home (one draw).
- Sporting have lost just one of their last four league games on the road.
- It is 16 seasons since Sporting last won at Anoeta in the top flight (1-0 in 1994). Since then, they have taken just two points from matches there in Liga BBVA.
- Real Sociedad are without a win in seven league matches, losing their last five.
- Erreala have not lost six consecutive league games in the top flight since 1960.
- Sporting are unbeaten this season when they have opened the scoring away from home, though have not won after conceding first on the road.
- Real Sociedad have lost the most games after going ahead in matches in Liga BBVA this season (six).
- Just one South American player has scored for Real Sociedad this season (Ifran against Hercules).
- The Basque side have scored the joint-most own goals in the league this season (three, along with Racing).
- Real Sociedad have dropped the most points due to goals conceded from the 60th minute this season (13).
- Real Sociedad are the only side in Liga BBVA not to have received a red card this season.
Villarreal - Real Zaragoza
- Villarreal have picked up seven wins against the manos in Primera, losing six.
- Real Zaragoza have never managed a win on their nine trips to El Madrigal in the top flight (five defeats, four draws).
- The manos are on a run of three straight defeats at Villarreal's ground, shipping nine goals in this run.
- Aside from Barcelona and Real Madrid, no team has picked up more points at home this season than Villarreal (36).
- Zaragoza have managed just one away win this season (2-1 at Malaga). No other La Liga side has picked up as few victories on the road.
- Javier Aguirre's side has won their last three matches at home, but on the road they have taken just one point from the last 15 available (0-0 at Sporting).
- Villarreal lost 0-5 in their last league match, their joint-heaviest defeat in the Spanish top flight.
- Rossi and Nilmar have scored over half of Villarreal's league goals this season (26 of 48).