La Liga Opta Facts: 18-19 April
Football facts to aid your betting from all the major leagues in Europe.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Athletic v Deportivo
- Athletic Bilbao have been awarded the most penalties this season (10) but have scored just six of them.
- Athletic have not kept a clean sheet in 2009.
- The Basque team have lost five times in the last six league games.
- The last time Athletic failed to score at home was against Barcelona in October.
- Deportivo have won the last two games against Athletic scoring six goals in the process.
- The Basques have kept just one clean sheet at home against Deportivo in the last ten years.
- Their last win at the San Mames against the Galicians was a 1-0 victory in January 2004, since then two draws and two defeats.
- Deportivo have taken just one point from their last four league games.
- Depor have shipped 12 goals in their last five league fixtures.
- Just 19% of the goals conceded by Deportivo have come from set piece situations; a league low.
Atletico v Numancia
- Atletico have conceded the most goals in the opening 15 minutes, nine.
- 41% of the goals conceded by Atletico have come from dead ball situations - 20 in total; no other team has shipped more.
- Atletico have conceded more goals (48) than Espanyol (46), the side currently bottom of the league.
- The Colchoneros have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 league matches and have conceded 13 in their last six.
- Atletico have only failed to score once at home so far this season.
- All of Numancia's 33 goals have been scored by Spanish players.
- Numancia have lost just once in their last five games.
- Numancia have collected just four points in their 15 league away games this season.
- These two teams have met just five times in the top flight, with Atletico wining just one of these meetings.
Getafe v Barcelona
- Barcelona have conceded the fewest penalties - two.
- Samuel Eto'o has scored 26 goals in 26 starts so far this season, with only one coming from the penalty spot.
- The Catalans have conceded the fewest goals - 24.
- Barcelona playmaker Xavi has supplied the most assists in the league - 15.
- Getafe have missed four of the eight penalties that they have taken so far this term.
- Getafe have scored 10 goals courtesy of substitutes this season - a league-high.
- In 2009 Getafe have won just two home games, against Sporting and Recre.
- These two sides have met nine times in the top division with Getafe managing one point in the first six and five in the last three.
- Getafe are the only team who could end this season unbeaten against the current leaders, having drawn 1-1 at the Camp Nou in November.
- Barcelona have attempted the most passes and boast the best accuracy in these in the league, 83%.
Malaga v Mallorca
- Malaga have conceded the most goals from outside the box - 11.
- Malaga are the best team from the penalty spot, converting all seven the spot kicks they have been awarded so far.
- Malaga have conceded the most headed goals (11).
- Mallorca have the worst conversion rate in the league - 10%.
- Mallorca have lost just one game in the last nine.
- Malaga have only once won at home in the last five.
- Malaga have failed to score in six of the last eight home games against Mallorca in the top flight.
- Malaga striker Nabil Baha has been substituted 22 times - more than any other player.
Recreativo v Real Madrid
- Recreativo have been caught offside more than any other side (122 times).
- Recre have scored just one goal in the opening 15 minutes of matches, five in the first 30 and only 10 in the first half, a league low in all cases.
- The team from Huelva have scored the fewest goals (27).
- Real are unbeaten in their last 15 league matches, having won 14 and drawn one.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals from outside the box - 14.
- The reigning champions have failed to score only twice so far this season, once against Barcelona and once against Valladolid.
- Real Madrid boast the best shooting accuracy in the league this season - 52%.
- Recre have won once in the last 10 league matches and collected just one point from the last five.
- Recreativo have never won against Madrid at home in the league.
- Real have kept five clean sheets in their last six league away games.
Almeria v Osasuna
- Almeria have received the most red cards - 10.
- Almeria are the only side whose subs have not yet scored a goal this season.
- Camacho's team have lost just once in their last 11 league matches.
- The Pamplona side have scored the most headed goals, 13.
- Almeria's Alvaro Negredo has scored nine goals in his last 10 league matches.
- Osasuna are unbeaten in the last five away matches, notching up four draws and one win.
- Almeria have lost four games in the last five.
- In their last eight home games Almeria have only lost once (against Barcelona) and won five times.
- In the five previous meetings in the top flight between these two sides, Almeria have won just once, at home last season.
Espanyol v Racing
- Espanyol have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of games - 16.
- Espanyol boast the worst crossing accuracy in the top flight this season, as just 16% of their crosses have reached a team mate.
- The Catalans have lost just once in the last four games.
- Espanyol have scored six goals in their last two home matches.
- Racing have won this fixture in Barcelona only six times in the history of the Spanish top division but three times since 2004.
- In the last six league encounters between these two sides Racing have won three and drawn three.
- Racing have the lowest shooting accuracy in the Spanish top-flight - 39%.
- Nikola Zigic has scored five goals in his last five league games.
- Racing have lost three and won three of their last six league away matches.
Betis v Sporting
- Betis' last home win was in mid November against Racing.
- The team from Sevilla have drawn the last five games in front of their own fans.
- Sporting have won two of the last three visits to the Ruiz de Lopera stadium, as many as in their entire history in the top division.
- Real Betis have a better away record than home - 21 of their 34 points this season have come on the road.
- Betis midfielder Achille Emana is the most effective player in his team so far having scored nine goals and supplied seven assists.
- Sporting have conceded the most league goals this season - 64.
- Sporting are the only side in La Liga yet to draw this season, having played in 19 defeats and 11 wins so far.
- The team from Asturias have scored just three goals in the last 15 minutes of matches.
- Sporting have lost seven of their last eight league away games.
Real Valladolid v Villarreal
- Real Valladolid have scored the most goals from set pieces this season - 20.
- Valladolid have lost their last three league games, shipping seven goals.
- Villarreal have lost three of their last four league matches.
- At home Valladolid have kept just one clean sheet in the seven games played in 2009.
- Villarreal have collected just three points in their last eight league away fixtures.
- Villarreal have never won and never scored in the top division in this fixture away from home.
- Villarreal have scored the most goals from corners, seven, whereas Valladolid have the most from indirect free kicks, 10.
- The Yellow Submarine has won the most fouls, 590
Valencia v Sevilla
- Sevilla have taken the fewest penalties in the league, just two.
- Freddie Kanoute has netted 11 goals in his last nine league matches
- Sevilla have kept the most clean sheets (14) in the league this season.
- Sevilla have scored the fewest goals from set piece situations in the league this season; just five - 12% of their total.
- Valencia have netted 26 of their 55 goals in the last 30 minutes of matches.
- David Villa (22 goals so far in the league) has attempted the most shots in the competition, 9.
- It is more than a year since the last time Valencia failed to score at the Mestalla, against Mallorca in March 2008.
- Valencia have kept only one clean sheet in their last 13 home league matches against Numancia.
- The last time these two sides shared the points at the Mestalla was in 1994,since then there have been seven wins for the hosts and four for the visitors.
- Sevilla have lost once in their last nine away fixtures in La Liga.