La Liga Opta Facts - 19-21 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Valencia v Sporting Gijon
- Valencia are unbeaten in their last four league meetings with Sporting.
- Sporting Gijón have not lost at the Mestalla in the league since 1996, notching up one win and two draws in this period.
- However los che have scored exactly twice in their last four matches at home to Sporting.
- Valencia are unbeaten in their last nine league games.
- No side has picked up more points in La Liga in 2011 than Unai Emery´s side (19).
- Valencia have lost only one of their last 24 home league games.
- Eight of Valencia´s last 15 league goals have come in the last 15 minutes of games.
- All five of Sporting´s league wins this season have come when they have kept a clean sheet.
- Valencia have scored the most goals from corners in Liga BBVA this season (10).
Real Madrid v Levante
- Real have only lost once against Levante in the league (11 meetings).
- However the merengues have failed to score in two of their last four league clashes with the granotas, including the goalless draw in the first half of this season.
- Levante have conceded at least three goals in all but one of their league visits to the Bernabeú.
- Madrid have won all their home league games this season (11).
- For the first time in the history of the Spanish Primera, Levante have won three straight league games.
- Levante haven´t scored more than once in any of their away games in the league this season.
- Lassana Diarra has committed more fouls per 90 minutes than any player in the league this season (4.1).
- Iker Casillas will miss a league match for the first time since May 2008: also a home game against Levante (5-2).
- Since his arrival, Madrid have won 84% of their league games with Pepe playing, compared to just 62% without him.
- Levante have managed to claw back just one point from the 14 league games where they have gone behind in the league this season.
Almería v Deportivo La Coruña
- Almería are unbeaten in their last three league meetings with Depor.
- The three top-flight games between the sides at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos have produced just four goals in total (two each).
- Almería are unbeaten in three league games at home, winning the last two.
- Five of the last nine league games at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos have ended 1-1, three 3-2 (two Almería wins, one defeat) and one 0-8.
- Deportivo have lost five of their last six league away games.
- Depor have only scored three goals in their last seven matches on the road, two of them penalties.
- Deportivo have won both away matches when they have gone ahead in the league this season, but lost all eight when they have gone behind.
- Almería have used the same starting XI six times in the league this season, the joint-most (with Real Madrid): Acasiete, Alves, Bernardello, Corona, Crusat, García, Ortiz, M'Bami, Míchel, Piatti, Uche.
Getafe v Racing Santander
- Getafe are unbeaten in their last four league meetings with the montañeses (two wins, two draws).
- However the Madrid side have failed to score in their last two at home to Racing.
- With a win in their last home league game, Getafe ended a run of three straight defeats at the Coliseum.
- Miku has scored in three of Getafe´s last four league games.
- Racing have lost just two of their last nine league games, though have won only two as well.
- Only Osasuna (two) have picked up fewer points on the road this season than the montañeses (six).
- Six of Racing´s seven league goals in 2011 have come from indirect free kicks and corners.
- A quarter (25%) of Racing´s league goals this season have come from outside the box, the highest proportion in the competition this season.
Osasuna v Espanyol
- Osasuna have won their last two league matches at home to Espanyol, keeping a clean sheet in both games.
- Osasuna have conceded only one goal in their last four league games at home.
- However they have also scored just twice in five on their own turf.
- No side has kept more clean sheets at home in the league this season than the rojillos (seven).
- In their last 12 league games, Espanyol have won three, then lost three, then won three, then lost three. If this run were to continue, they would win against Osasuna.
- Each of the periquitos last six league away games have produced at least three goals (three wins, three defeats).
- Espanyol´s last seven league goals have come on the road.
- Osasuna are one of two sides in this season´s Liga who are yet to test the goalkeeper with a direct free kick.
- The periquitos have scored only one goal from outside the box in the league this season, the joint-fewest.
Villarreal v Malaga
- Villarreal have only lost two of their last 13 matches to Málaga in the top flight.
- At home the Yellow Submarine has won four of its last five top flight clashes with the Boquerones.
- Villarreal have lost their last two league games, they have not lost three in a row since September 2009.
- Málaga are without a win in six league matches, the longest current run in the league.
- Villarreal have been fouled more often than any other side in La Liga this season (387 times).
- No side has picked up more points after going behind in Liga BBVA games this season than the Yellow Submarine (12).
- On all four occasions that Villarreal have failed to score in the league this season they have lost 0-1.
Barcelona v Athletic Bilbao
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last nine league meetings with Athletic, and have lost just one of the last 18.
- The Basque side has not kept a clean sheet at the Camp Nou in the league since 1985: a run of 25 matches.
- Both of Sergio Busquets' goals in La Liga have come against Athletic Bilbao.
- Barcelona have not failed to win two consecutive league matches since May 2009.
- Lionel Messi has scored or assisted Barcelona´s last six league goals.
- Messi has assisted eight league goals for David Villa this season, more than any player for anyone else.
- Athletic Bilbao have scored the joint-most goals (16) from set pieces in Liga BBVA this season, while Barcelona have scored the fewest (five).
- Defeat in their last match ended a run of four straight league wins for the Basque side.
- Barça have only been behind in three league matches this season.
Real Sociedad v Mallorca
- Real Sociedad have won their last three league matches at home to Mallorca in the top flight.
- However the Bermellones have scored on their last nine league trips to Anoeta.
- Eight of erreala´s 10 league wins this season have come when they have kept a clean sheet.
- Only Barcelona (22) have scored in more league matches than Real Sociedad (21) this season.
- Mallorca are without a win in their last five away games in the league, picking up just one point on this run.
- Real Sociedad have dropped more points from winning positions than any side in La Liga this season (20).
- Real Sociedad have made the most successful crosses in the league this season (132).
Sevilla v Hercules
- Sevilla are without a win in their last three league games.
- In their last match, Farinós ended a 486-minute goal drought for the Herculanos in the league.
- Sevilla have not won a league match this season without Kanouté in the side.
- Sevilla have neither scored nor conceded a goal from a direct free kick this season.
- Hércules have only ever won twice in Sevilla in the Spanish top flight (18 matches).
- Hércules have scored the joint-fewest goals in the final 15 minutes of games (three).
- The nervionenses have lost all three games in which they have conceded first at home in the league this season.
- On the other hand, Hércules are unbeaten in the two games where they have scored first on the road this season.
- Only Barcelona have a higher shooting accuracy in the league this season than Hercules (53.2%).
- Sevilla have won eight of their nine league games at home to sides from the Comunitat Valenciana in the last four seasons.
Real Zaragoza v Atletico Madrid
- Since returning to the top flight in 2004, the maños have lost just once at home to the colchoneros.
- Real Zaragoza are unbeaten in four league home games, winning three.
- Atlético are on a run of four straight league defeats, they have not lost five in a row in the top flight since 1942.
- Atlético have picked up fewer points in 2011 (four) than any side in Liga BBVA.
- Real Zaragoza have lost the most games after conceding first at home in the league this season (five).
- Zaragoza have won none of their three league games without the suspended Ander Herrera this season (two draws, one defeat).
- Javier Aguirre has won all four of his league games as a coach at home to Atlético.
- The Mexican coach has only lost once to the colchoneros in eight meetings overall.
- Atlético have actually conceded fewer goals per game without suspended defender Godín (0.88) than with him (1.6) in the league this season.