La Liga Opta Facts: 19-22 April
Mallorca v Rayo Vallecano
- Mallorca have won five of their six home games against Rayo Vallecano in the top-flight (1D).
- Following the victory earlier in the season, Rayo have the opportunity to win successive games against Mallorca in La Liga for the first time in their top-flight history.
- Mallorca have won two of their five league games at the Iberostar under Manzano, only one less win than they managed in 10 home games under Caparros this season.
- Rayo have only won one of their last six away league games (1D 4L), but this came in their last game on the road (2-0 v Celta Vigo).
- Mallorca have won fewer fouls on home soil than any other La Liga side this term (160).
- Andrija Delibasic, the former Mallorca player, has scored four of his five league goals off the bench this season, with those four goals all coming in the final 10 minutes.
- The Balearic side have won just five games having scored the first goal (out of 11) this season, a league-low with Zaragoza.
- The Franjirrojos have conceded a league-high 10 goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season.
- Mexican midfielder Giovani dos Santos has participated in more goals than any other Mallorca player in the year 2013 (four goals, three assists).
Granada v Valladolid
- Granada have won two of their three previous home meetings with Valladolid in the Primera (1L), keeping a clean sheet in both of these victories.
- Despite this, Valladolid have won three successive top-flight meetings with Granada overall, keeping a clean sheet in each victory.
- After winning their opening two games under Lucas Alcaraz, Granada are without a win in eight league games (D2 L6).
- Djukic's side have won just one of their last eight away league games (D3 L4).
- Oscar has scored 11 league goals this season, already his best ever record in a single La Liga campaign.
- Granada have scored exactly once in each of their last five home league games, with all of those goals scored by a different player (including one own goal).
- Valladolid have drawn four league games having conceded the first goal this season, but all four of those games have come at the Zorrilla.
- Granada have lost a league-high 13 points from winning positions on home soil this season.
- Nine of Real Valladolid's 10 victories this season, including the last against Getafe, have come with Patrick Ebert in the side.
Real Madrid v Real Betis
- Real Madrid have won eight of their last 12 league meetings with Real Betis (2D 2L).
- The Whites have won three consecutive home games against Betis and are unbeaten in 10 in La Liga (W7 D3).
- Betis have not beaten Real Madrid in consecutive league games since February 1999.
- Four of the five games Real Madrid have lost this season have come against sides from Andalusia, but all four of those were away from home (at home, two wins from two v Andalusian sides).
- Gonzalo Higuain has scored five goals in five league games against Betis, including his most recent La Liga hat-trick.
- Real Betis last won a league game at the Bernabeu in 1998, with the unforgettable Finidi George getting the winner.
- With his brace last week, Cristiano Ronaldo joined Lionel Messi as joint top-scorer in the league in 2013 (17).
- Real Madrid have scored in each of their last 18 home league games (3.3 goals per game on average).
- Pepe Mel's side are unbeaten in three league games (1W D2), they have not gone four in a row without defeat since November.
- Real Madrid have scored the second-most goals from outside the area this season (11), while Betis have conceded the fewest goals from range (one).
- Ruben Castro has scored nine away league goals this season; he is the joint-top Spanish away scorer with Aritz Aduriz.
Barcelona v Levante
- Barcelona have won seven of their last eight league meetings with Levante (D1) and have won all seven previous games played at the Camp Nou.
- The Catalans have scored 3.6 goals per game on average in these seven home meetings with Los Granotas in the league.
- Levante have only ever recorded three draws against Barca in the league; all ended 1-1 and came in Valencia.
- The 5-0 defeat suffered by Levante in the Camp Nou last season is still their worst ever defeat under JIM.
- Against no side has Cesc Fabregas scored more goals in La Liga than Levante (three).
- Barcelona have won 11 consecutive home league games, scoring 3.8 goals per game on average.
- Los Granotas have lost two successive league games, they have not lost three in a row since November 2011.
- Michel has participated in seven of the 13 away goals netted by Levante this season (four goals, three assists).
- Barcelona have scored their first goal on home soil in the 27th minute on average this season; only in two of their 15 games has this first goal come after the half-time break.
- Levante have the lowest average possession in La Liga this season (36%); Barcelona have the highest (69.4%).
Valencia v Malaga
- Valencia have won three successive home league games against Malaga, not dropping a single point against them in the Mestalla since February 2009 (1-1).
- Malaga have won their last two league games against Valencia, though both came on the south coast.
- Valencia have won two successive home league games; they have not won three on the bounce on home soil under Ernesto Valverde.
- Malaga have won six away league games this season; they are now just one away from equalling their record for a single top-flight season (seven in 2004/05 and 2008/09).
- Roberto Soldado has scored three goals in two games at the Mestalla against Malaga in La Liga.
- Malaga are one of only two teams (with Zaragoza) who are yet to lose a league game when they have scored the first goal of the game this term.
- Indeed, Manuel Pellegrini's side are the only side in La Liga yet to lose a game from a losing position all season (14W 2D).
- Valencia have won a league-high 12 points following goals scored in the final five minutes of the game this season.
Getafe v Espanyol
- Getafe have gone six consecutive home league games against Espanyol without a win (D3 L3), their worst ever home run without a victory against a single side in La Liga.
- The last victory logged by the Blues at home to Espanyol in La Liga is also their biggest ever top-flight win (5-0 in 2005/06).
- Espanyol have achieved four draws in 17 games against Getafe in the top-flight; all ended 1-1 and three came as the visiting side.
- Alvaro Vazquez, who scored the last Espanyol goal in the Coliseum, has only scored one of his four goals for Getafe this season in that stadium.
- Espanyol have netted a league-high nine goals from corners this season; Simao and Diego Colotto (two each) are their top scorers in this respect.
- Only four of the 11 headed goals logged by Getafe this season have come at home and all of those were scored by defenders (Valera, Alexis, Lope, Fede Fernandez).
- Ghanaian midfielder Wakaso has participated in five of the last eight Espanyol league goals (two goals, three assists).
- Espanyol would be in the European spots (joint-fifth with Atletico) had the league started when Javier Aguirre took charge.
- Getafe have scored 64% of their goals after the half-time break this season and 28% of them in the final 15 minutes.
Deportivo La Coruna v Athletic Bilbao
- Deportivo have won their last four home league games against Athletic, scoring exactly three goals in three of them.
- The Red-and-Whites have not won at the Riazor in the top-flight since December 2006 (2-0).
- Athletic have only won one of their last 10 league meetings with Deportivo (D3 L6) and that was in the San Mames (2-0 in 2010).
- The Galician side have won four successive league games; they have not won five in a row in La Liga since April 2008.
- Deportivo have scored a total of 13 goals in these four games, two more than they mustered in their previous 16 games combined (11).
- Athletic have only won one away league game in the year 2013; 1-0 against Osasuna (D2 L4).
- Marcelo Bielsa's side have not scored more than a single goal in any of their last nine league games; the last time they managed it was a 2-2 draw against Valladolid on February 1.
- Deportivo have conceded a league-high 17 goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.
- No Spanish player has scored more away league goals this season than Aritz Aduriz.
- Juan Carlos Valeron has made eight assists already this season; he is just one away from equalling his La Liga record for one campaign (nine in 2001/02).
Osasuna v Real Sociedad
- Osasuna have won five straight home games against Real Sociedad in La Liga, their best ever run against the Basque side in the Primera.
- The last time Sociedad won in Pamplona in La Liga was back in September 2002 (3-2).
- Real Sociedad have only scored one goal in their last five trips to the Reyno de Navarra in the top-flight (a 3-1 defeat in 2010).
- Real Sociedad have accumulated six away games without defeat in the league, winning four of those games (D2).
- Osasuna have not scored in 356 minutes of league football at the Reyno de Navarra; Kike Sola scored their last home goal v Zaragoza back in February.
- Real captain Xabi Prieto has participated in more away goals than any other Sociedad player in La Liga this season (five goals and two assists).
- Osasuna have only scored one goal from the penalty spot this season, the joint-lowest figure in the top-flight (with Athletic).
- The Navarrans have the lowest shot conversion rate in La Liga this season (8.3%); Real Sociedad have the third-best figure (17%).
Sevilla v Atletico Madrid
- Sevilla have won their last seven home league games, averaging three goals per game in their last six.
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten in six games against Sevilla in all competitions (W2 D4).
- The side from Madrid have only won one of their last 15 visits to Nervion in the league (D6 L8): 1-2 in 2008.
- If they avoid defeat here, Simeone's side will be unbeaten in five away league games; their best run of the campaign (W2 D2).
- Falcao has scored more penalties (eight) than any other player in La Liga this season; one of which came against Sevilla in the return leg.
- Jesus Navas has made more open play crosses than any other player in La Liga this season (206).
- One or both of Falcao (six) and Diego Costa (five) has scored in each of the last seven league games that Atleti have netted in (11 of 14 goals in total between them).
- The three goals Baba Diawara has scored in La Liga have all come against sides from the capital; the first of which came against Atletico.
- Ivan Rakitic scored his first La Liga brace against Real Betis last week.
- Sevilla, who have been shown a league-high12 red cards this season, were reduced to eight men in their reverse fixture with Atleti this term.
- Los Colchoneros have never won an away game in La Liga against a team managed by Unai Emery (D3 L2).
Celta Vigo v Zaragoza
- Celta Vigo have only won two of their last seven meetings with Zaragoza in La Liga (D2 L3), though one of those came at La Romareda this season (1-0).
- In fact, that game was the only away game Celta have won all season.
- Celta have not won any of their three league games without top scorer Iago Aspas this season, scoring just two goals in total in these games (1D 2L).
- Los Manos have only mustered five points in the year 2013, the lowest figure in La Liga.
- Celta have only scored one goal via a defender all season, while they have conceded nine goals to opposition defenders; a league-high shared with Getafe.
- Between them, Helder Postiga (six) and Apono (three) have scored 69.2% of Zaragoza's away league goals this season.
- Chilean Fabian Orellana has had more shots without scoring (29) than any other striker in La Liga this season.
- Zaragoza have scored a league-high 64% of their goals in the first-half of games in this campaign.