La Liga Opta Facts - 19th - 20th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic de Bilbao - Villarreal
- Athletic de Bilbao have lost eight of their last nine league meetings with the Yellow Submarine.
- Villarreal have won only one of their last seven matches in Liga BBVA.
- The Yellow Submarine have won only two of their 10 league away games since the start of last October.
- Villarreal have scored only once in each of their last three league games, each time the lone goal coming from Giuseppe Rossi.
- After a run of four straight league defeats, Athletic are now unbeaten in their last two.
- Bilbao have either conceded at least twice and lost (four times), or conceded one or fewer and won (10 times) at home in the league this season.
- Athletic (10-3) and Villarreal (11-4) are the two sides with the biggest disparity between games won at home and away this season in Liga BBVA (seven).
Atlético de Madrid - Real Madrid
- It is 18 games and over 10 years since Atlético last managed a league win over their city rivals (3-1 at the Bernabéu in October 1999).
- Both sides have found the net in eight of the last 10 league clashes between Atlético and Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid have lost on only one of their last 16 league visits to the Vicente Calderón, and have taken 22 points from the last 24 available there.
- Atlético are unbeaten in their last five league matches, their best run since the 2008/09 campaign.
- Real Madrid have dropped points in three of their last five away league matches (two draws, one defeat).
- Atlético de Madrid are one of only four teams whom Cristiano Ronaldo has faced more than once but never scored against in Liga BBVA.
- Diego Forlán has scored in three of his last four league appearances against the Merengues.
- Between them, Sergio Agüero and Diego Forlán have scored four goals in the colchoneros´ last two league games, as many as they had in the previous 13 combined.
- Karim Benzema has scored twice in each of Real´s last three league games, accounting for six of his tally of nine league goals this season.
Barcelona - Getafe
- Getafe have only ever beaten Barcelona once in the top flight in 13 meetings: 2-0 at the Camp Nou in November 2007.
- Barça have won their last four league matches against the azulones.
- Getafe have not won on the road in the league in 2011, winning just one of their 12 matches home and away.
- Barcelona have scored in their last 26 league matches.
- All three of the azulones´ league goals in their last five matches have been netted by Manu del Moral, who has also netted an own goal in this period.
- Lionel Messi has scored in three of Barcelona´s last four league matches at the Camp Nou.
- The Argentine has scored in the last four meetings between the Blaugrana and Getafe.
- The last time Barcelona failed to win two consecutive league matches was in May 2009.
- Getafe have scored five goals from throw ins this season, at least two more than any other side in Liga BBVA.
Deportivo de la Coruña - Levante
- Depor have won five of their seven top-flight meetings with Levante since 2004.
- The four top-flight encounters between the sides at Deportivo have ended in three 1-0 wins for the home side, and one 0-0 draw.
- Defeat in their last match at Espanyol ended a run of five league games unbeaten for Deportivo.
- Deportivo have lost only one of their 10 league games at the Riazor since the start of October.
- Levante have lost only one of their last eight league games, away to Real Madrid, winning five.
- The granotas have not scored more than once away from home in any league game this season.
- Just one of Felipe Caicedo´s 11 league goals this season has come away from home (vs Sporting).
- No Depor player has scored more than five league goals this season.
Hércules - Osasuna
- Hércules have taken only two points from their last seven top-flight meetings with Osasuna.
- However the rojillos have won on only one of their five visits to Hércules in Primera (three draws).
- The herculanos have failed to score in eight of their last 10 games in Liga BBVA.
- Hércules have kept just two clean sheets in 13 matches at home in the league this season.
- Osasuna have recently won back-to-back league games for the first time this season.
- A win in their last away trip ended a run of 21 league games on the road without a victory for Osasuna, a period during which they picked up just two points.
- Osasuna´s substitutes have scored a total of six goals this season, the joint-most in Liga BBVA.
- The rojillos are also the only side not to have conceded a goal to a substitute in the competition this season.
- Osasuna have the most different goalscorers in Liga BBVA this season (15), though none has more than five.
- Only four players have scored more than once for Hércules in the league this season, fewer than any other side (Trezeguet, Valdez, Drenthe and Paz).
Málaga - Espanyol
- Nine of the last10 league meetings between Málaga and Espanyol have ended in wins for the side playing at home.
- The Andalucians have netted 20 goals in their last seven top-flight matches at home to Espanyol.
- Málaga have only kept one clean sheet at home in the league this season.
- Espanyol have drawn only once this season. Only once in a 38-game Primera has a side previously drawn just one game in a full campaign.
- The Catalonians are on a run of three straight defeats on the road in the league.
- Espanyol´s José Callejón is one of only three outfield players to have started every Liga BBVA match this season, but will miss this game through suspension.
- The Catalonians lost all seven league matches when he wasn´t in the starting XI last season.
Mallorca - Real Zaragoza
- Mallorca have won their last four league matches at home to Real Zaragoza.
- Zaragaoza have found the net in all but one of their last nine league trips to the islanders´ ground.
- The bermellones have won only two of their last 10 matches in Liga BBVA.
- They have also lost back-to-back league games at home for the first time since January 2007.
- The last team to play at Mallorca was Valencia, who won 2-1. Zaragoza played los che in their last league match, winning 4-0 at home.
- Real Zaragoza have won the joint-fewest away games in Liga BBVA this season (one).
- Eight of los maños´ last 11 league goals have come from set pieces.
Sporting - Almería
- Sporting have scored exactly once in all five meetings in Primera with Almería.
- The team from Gijón have won both of their top-flight meetings with Almería 1-0.
- Sporting have won only one of their last seven league games.
- However they are unbeaten in their last five at home in Liga BBVA, winning three and conceding just one goal in the process.
- Only four sides have conceded fewer goals on the road than Almería in La Liga this season (20).
- Despite this the rojiblancos have not kept an away clean sheet in the league since September.
- Almeria are one of only two teams in Liga BBVA to have won more games on the road (three) than at home (two) this season.
Racing - Real Sociedad
- Racing have won only one of their last six league games at home, drawing four.
- Racing are on a winless run of four games in Liga BBVA, the same as Real Sociedad.
- Real Sociedad have only failed to score in two away matches in the league this season, at Barcelona and Mallorca.
- The last meeting between the sides in the top flight in Santander ended in a win for the home side, the first in eight attempts (two draws).
- The txuri-urdin have benefitted from the most own goals in Liga BBVA this season (three).
- Real Sociedad have conceded the most left-footed goals in the competition this season (19).
- Real Sociedad have dropped the most points after winning away from home in La Liga this season (11).
- A higher proportion of home teams have won under José Luis Paradas Romero this season (10 of 13) than any other Liga BBVA referee.
- However Racing have never won with this referee in the top flight.
Valencia - Sevilla
- Valencia have failed to score in their last two league matches on home soil, something they had not failed to do all season prior to this.
- Sevilla have managed just one win in their last seven league away games.
- Valencia have won 10 of their 12 league meetings with sides from Andalucia in the last two seasons, the only exceptions being defeats at the hands of Sevilla.
- Between Sevilla´s match at Valencia and Jesus Navas´ goal against Barcelona, Álvaro Negredo was the only Spanish player to score for the hispalenses.
- None of the last 21 league meetings between the sides at Valencia have ended goalless.
- Los che have scored the most goals from corners in Liga BBVA this season (10).
- Valencia have won five league matches in which they have been behind in La Liga this season, more than any other side.
- Sevilla are unbeaten in three league matches in which Sergio Sánchez has played this season.
- Frédéric Kanouté has seen only two red cards in his league career with Sevilla, the first coming at the Mestalla last season.