La Liga Opta Facts - 2-3 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Xerez
- This will be the first ever meeting between these two sides in La Liga.
- Almeria have managed only one point in the last five match-days.
- At home, Hugo Sanchez's side have won only one of their last five league games.
- Xerez have won only one game this term, and are on a run of four consecutive defeats in the league.
- Xerez have the worst attack in La Liga having only scored six goals.
- Striker, Kalu Uche, has scored three of Almeria's last four goals of this campaign.
Atletico Madrid v Sevilla
- These two sides have shared the points only once in the last 12 times they have met in La Liga (0-0, November 2005).
- However, Atletico have beaten Sevilla in four of their last six meetings at the Vicente Calderon in the top flight.
- Sevilla have recorded only one win in the last four match-days of this campaign.
- However, the Andalusians are on a run of three consecutive wins on the road, in which they have conceded only one goal.
- Atletico Madrid have lost the most points from leading situations so far (14).
Barcelona v Villarreal
- Barcelona have won only one of their last five league meetings with Villarreal.
- Barcelona are the only side that are still unbeaten in this campaign.
- Barcelona have won all of their seven home fixtures this season.
- Villarreal are on a run of three consecutive wins in La Liga.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored a goal in each of Barcelona's last four games in this campaign, and is currently his side's top scorer with 11 goals.
- Barcelona have conceded only nine goals this term, a league-low.
- Midfielder, Seydou Keita, has already scored six goals this term; last season he scored in both fixtures against Villarreal.
Getafe v Real Valladolid
- Getafe have won four of their last five fixtures in La Liga, scoring more than one goal in each of these games.
- Getafe are the only side in La Liga yet to share the points this term (eight wins and seven defeats so far).
- The last time Getafe shared the points at home was back in February, when they were held to a 1-1 draw by Athletic Bilbao.
- Real Valladolid have only won twice in their last 12 La Liga games.
- Roberto Soldado has netted five goals in the last four match-days of La Liga for Getafe.
Mallorca v Athletic Bilbao
- Mallorca have won only one of their last eight league games with Athletic Bilbao, losing four of these, including the last one, back in April.
- The last two meetings played in Mallorca between these two sides have ended in a draw; prior to this, Athletic had managed to win at Mallorca's ground twice in a row.
- Mallorca have won all of their seven home fixtures in La Liga this season.
- Athletic Bilbao are on a run of three consecutive away wins in the league.
- Athletic have conceded 15 of their 18 goals this season in the second half so far.
Osasuna v Real Madrid
- Osasuna have won only one of their last eight league fixtures, in which time they have never scored more than one goal (five in total).
- Osasuna have picked up only one point from the last three games they have played in Pamplona, as a result of their 1-1 draw with Barcelona.
- Real Madrid have won six of their last seven games in the league.
- The Merengues have netted 13 goals in their last three games; five of these goals were scored by Argentinean striker, Gonzalo Higuaín.
- Higuaín has scored nine goals in Real Madrid's last seven games, and overall is his side's top scorer with 10 goals.
- The six goals scored last time out against Real Zaragoza have allowed Real Madrid to become the most prolific attack of this competition, with 40 goals.
- Real Madrid have won only two of their last five league games away from the Bernabéu.
Racing v Tenerife
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides in the top flight have ended in a draw, one win to Racing in February 1998 completes the record.
- This was Racing's only win in their last eight meetings with Tenerife in the top flight.
- Racing have lost five of their last seven league fixtures, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- This season, Tenerife have picked up only one point away from home in seven games.
- Racing have gained the most points from trailing situations so far (seven).
Real Zaragoza v Deportivo la Coruña
- Five of the last seven league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Real Zaragoza are unbeaten in the last four occasions they have hosted Deportivo, but they were held to a draw in three of these games.
- Real Zaragoza are on a run of four consecutive defeats in the league, and have picked up only one point from their last six fixtures.
- Deportivo have managed seven points from their last three away games, as a result of two wins and a draw.
- Real Zaragoza have the worst defence in La Liga (35 goals conceded).
Sporting Gijon v Malaga
- Before Sporting's win, back in May, Malaga had won the previous five meetings between these two sides in the top flight.
- Sporting have hosted Malaga 13 times so far in La Liga, sharing the points only once at the Molinón, back in 1974/75.
- The team from Asturias are on a run of three consecutive defeats, however they have conceded only one goal in their last four home games.
- By beating Mallorca, Malaga ended a run of 13 consecutive winless games in La Liga.
- Away from home, Malaga have picked up only four points in their last 10 games, but have avoided defeat in their last three.
- Sporting have won only five of the nine games in which they have taken the lead this term.
Valencia v Espanyol
- Espanyol have won three of their last four meetings with Valencia in the top flight.
- At the Mestalla however, the hosts have had the better in five of their last six meetings.
- Valencia have won only one of their last four league fixtures.
- At the Mestalla, Unai Emery's side have won only once in their last six fixtures, sharing the points on four occasions.
- Espanyol's win against Almeria on the last match-day ended a run of five consecutive defeats for the Catalans in La Liga.
- Before netting two goals against Almeria, Espanyol had failed to score in their previous five league games.
- Away from home, Mauricio Pochettino's side have picked up only two points in their last five games, and have not scored a single goal in the process.