La Liga Opta Facts | 2-5 May
Rayo Vallecano v Athletic
- Rayo Vallecano have only won one of their last nine home league meetings with Athletic (D4 L4); 4-2 in 2002.
- Three of the Lions' four away league victories in Vallecas have finished 2-1.
- Ander Iturrapse has only scored one goal in six previous La Liga seasons (132 games), but that came against Rayo Vallecano in 2011.
- Rayo have won their last five home league games; their best top-flight run since their first ever La Liga campaign (nine in a row in 1977/78).
- If they win in Vallecas, Athletic will guarantee their place in next year's Champions League qualifiers.
- If only results in the second round of fixtures counted, Paco Jemez's side would find themselves in a European spot (sixth place with 27 points).
- Only Bayern Munich (21) have scored more headed goals than Athletic (18) in the top five European leagues this term.
- Joaquin Larrivey has scored in his last three league games; the last Rayo player to score in four in a row in La Liga was Elvir Bolic back in 2001/02.
- Ander Herrera has participated in more goals this season (four goals, five assists) than in any previous La Liga campaign.
Barcelona v Getafe
- Barcelona have won nine of their last 10 league meetings with Getafe, with their only defeat in this run coming in the Coliseum in 2011 (1-0).
- Los Azulgranas have scored 19 goals across their last four league games against Getafe; four more than the side from Madrid have managed in all 19 previous meetings with Barcelona combined (15).
- Getafe have played more top-flight games at the Camp Nou without a win that at any other away ground (D2 L7).
- Lionel Messi has scored eight goals in his last five games against Getafe in all competitions (four in the league, four in the Copa del Rey).
- Barcelona have won 31 of their last 32 home league games, losing only to Valencia in February 2014 (2-3).
- Getafe have only lost two of their last five league games (W2 D1), keeping successive clean sheets in their last two.
- Barca have accrued a league-high four own goals this season.
- Alexis Sanchez has netted three goals in two previous home league games against Getafe.
- Seven of Pedro's 15 league goals this season have come against sides from Madrid (Four against Rayo and three against Getafe).
- Barcelona have scored just 5% of their goals through headers this season; a La Liga-low.
- 53% of the goals Getafe have conceded this term have come in the first-half; a league-high proportion.
Malaga v Elche
- Malaga have won three of their last four competitive meetings with Elche (L1), including the only previous top-flight meeting (1-0 in December).
- Malaga have won their last two home meetings with Elche by the same scoreline; 2-0.
- Ignacio Camacho, who scored the winning goal at the Martinez Valero this season, has netted five league goals this term; only Roque Santa Cruz (six) has more for Malaga.
- If they win this game, Bernd Schuster's side will have won three in a row at La Rosaleda for the first time in La Liga this season.
- Elche have only taken two points from their last 10 away league games (D2 L8) and have not won on the road since October (2-1 at Real Betis).
- Nourredine Amrabat has participated directly in seven of Malaga's last 15 league goals (two goals and five assists).
- Richmond Boakye has scored more goals as a sub (three) than he has a starter (two) in La Liga this term.
- Malaga have scored a league-low one goal from outside the area this season; Elche are second lowest in this regard (two).
- Elche have scored 32% of their goals in the final 15 minutes this term; a league-high proportion.
Osasuna v Celta Vigo
- Osasuna have won three of their last four home meetings with Celta Vigo in La Liga (L1).
- The side from Vigo have won five of their last eight trips to Osasuna in the top-flight, however (L3), keeping a clean sheet in each win.
- Emiliano Armenteros has scored in Osasuna's last two league games against Celta Vigo.
- Osasuna are without a win in five league games at El Sadar (D3 L2); they have not gone six home games without a win since 2006/07 (eight).
- Celta have won their last two league games; they have not won three in a row in La Liga since June 2007, the date of their last relegation.
- Oriol Riera has scored four of Osasuna's nine headed goals this season.
- Celta Vigo are one of two teams yet to claim a point from a losing position on the road this term; the other is their opponents in this game Osasuna.
- The Reds have only scored five goals in the last 15 minutes of games all season; a joint-low with Getafe.
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (nine) has hit the woodwork more often than Nolito (eight) this term.
Valladolid v Espanyol
- Valladolid are without a win in seven consecutive league games against Espanyol (D5 L2) with their last La Liga victory coming back in 2008 at the Zorrilla (2-1).
- Against no other side have Valladolid drawn more league games over the last six seasons than they have against Espanyol (five).
- Indeed, Valladolid have drawn more games than any other La Liga side this term (14).
- Espanyol are without a win in five league games (D1 L4), conceding exactly twice in their last three.
- Sergio Garcia has directly participated in 51% of Espanyol's league goals this season; the highest proportion of any player.
- Los Pucelanos are unbeaten in nine home league games (W4 D5); they last went 10 in a row in La Liga back in 2001 (14).
- Christian Stuani scored his only previous brace for Espanyol in the Primera in the reverse fixture against Valladolid this season.
- Valladolid have scored a league-high 36% of their goals with headers this season.
- Manucho has participated in four of his side's last nine league goals (two goals, two assists); before this, he had participated in just one all season.
Almeria v Betis
- Almeria have won two and drawn one of their last four top-flight meetings with Real Betis (L1), with both wins ending 1-0.
- Almeria have only won one of their last six top-flight Andalusian derbies on home soil (D2 L3) but that was their biggest win of this season (3-0 v Granada).
- Betis have only taken one point from seven Andalusian derbies this season; the worst record of any side.
- Almeria would be outside the relegation zone on 36 points if only first-halves counted this season.
- With just 22 points from 35 games, Real Betis are the first side to be relegated from La Liga this season.
- The two players to have played the fewest minutes in La Liga this season but have scored a goal both play for Almeria: Hicham Khaloua (three) and Fran Velez (72).
- Betis have claimed a league-low one point from goals scored in the final 15 minutes, though Almeria themselves have only earned two.
- Corona is the only player in Almeria's history (since reforming) to have scored and assisted a goal in all five top-flight campaigns.
- Ruben Castro has scored eight of Real Betis's last 13 league goals.
Levante v Atletico Madrid
- Levante have only won one of their last six league meetings with Atletico Madrid (D1 L4); 2-0 in 2012.
- Despite that, los Rojiblancos have not won any of their last three trips to the Ciutat de Valencia in La Liga (D1 L2); their last victory came back in 2007 thanks to a Diego Forlan goal.
- Diego Costa, who has scored a joint-high five braces this season, netted his last double in the reverse fixture against Levante.
- Joaquin Caparros has only lost one of his last five league meetings with Atleti (W2 D2), though that was his only previous clash as Levante manager (3-2 this season).
- Atletico need to win their next two league games to mathematically guarantee themselves top spot in La Liga.
- Levante have won just one of their last nine league games (D3 L5) and that came away from home against Granada (2-0).
- Last weekend Atleti set a new club record for points in a single top-flight season (88) and also won a ninth consecutive game for the first time in a single campaign.
- Of goalkeepers to have played at least 10 games this season, Keylor Navas has the best save percentage (78.03%).
- Diego Simeone's side have conceded just one goal across their last nine league games.
- Levante have scored a league-high 45% of their goals from set pieces; Atleti have conceded a league-high 41% from dead balls.
Sevilla v Villarreal
- Sevilla have only lost two of their 11 home La Liga meetings with Villarreal, winning nine and not drawing a single one.
- Villarreal have scored exactly twice in three of their last four La Liga meetings with Sevilla.
- The side from Nervion have won their last five home league games, scoring exactly four goals in three of them.
- Since the start of 2014, Villarreal's nine away league games have followed an exact pattern of W-L-L. They have lost their last two on the road.
- Marcelino has only won one of his seven meetings with former club Sevilla as a La Liga manager, losing the other six.
- The Yellows have lost their last three away league games in Andalusia without scoring.
- No La Liga side has scored fewer headed goals than Villarreal this term (five).
- Perbet has been caught offside more often than any other La Liga player this season (every 41.7 minutes on average).
- Kevin Gameiro has now scored 15 goals this season; three more than Thierry Henry managed in his first season in La Liga (12 in 2007/08).
Real Madrid v Valencia
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in nine league meetings with Valencia (W7 D2), only failing to score in one of those games (0-0 in April 2012).
- Valencia have not won any of their last five trips to the Santiago Bernabeu (D2 L3), failing to score in four of those games.
- Carlo Ancelotti's side have won their last four league games, scoring an average of 4.25 goals per game and not conceding once.
- Valencia are without a win in six away league games (D4 L2), though they have drawn their last three on the road.
- Los Che have lost a league-high 17 points with goals conceded in the second-half this season.
- Real Madrid have hit the woodwork a league-high 21 times this term.
- Valencia have lost more games against Real Madrid than against any other side in their top-flight history (83).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has not scored a league goal against Valencia in the Bernabeu since 2010.
- Angel Di Maria has created more chances per game than any other La Liga player this season (2.65).
- Feghouli has assisted four of Valencia's last seven away league goals.
Real Sociedad v Granada
- Real Sociedad have only lost one of their 16 previous home meetings with Granada in the top-flight (W12 D3); 2-0 in September 1973.
- The Basque side are unbeaten in 12 home La Liga meetings with Andalusian sides, winning seven and drawing five.
- Jagoba Arrasate's side have the opportunity to record three successive wins for the first time in 2014.
- Granada are without a win in nine away league games, drawing one (3-3 at Getafe) and losing eight.
- Granada have scored just one goal in the first 15 minutes of games all season; a league-low.
- Five of Real Sociedad's last six league goals against Granada have come in the first-half.
- Carlos Vela has participated directly in five of Real Sociedad's last seven league goals (three goals, two assists).
- El-Arabi has netted each of Granada's last three away league goals.