La Liga Opta Facts - 22-24 September
Zaragoza - Osasuna
- Zaragoza have lost six of their last 11 encounters with Osasuna in the top-flight, winning one and drawing four.
- Osasuna are unbeaten in three trips to La Romareda in La Liga (2W, 1D), their best ever run without defeats against Zaragoza as the away side.
- Zaragoza haven't beaten Osasuna in the league since September 2007 (2-1); the last time these sides met at La Romareda before Zaragoza were relegated to the second division.
- The side from Aragon have lost their last two games at La Romareda in the league 1-0.
- Only in one of the three previous top-flight campaigns that Osasuna have managed just one point from their opening three games have they been relegated (93/94), but that was their worst ever La Liga season (20th place).
- These sides have only managed two goals each all season, a joint-league low with Granada.
- Zaragoza are the only La Liga team still waiting for their first home league goal this term.
- Roland Lamah has set up both of Osasuna's two goals this season.
- Zaragoza striker Aranda has played for seven different teams in the Spanish Premier Division, with one of those being Osasuna.
Celta Vigo - Getafe
- The three victories in the four previous La Liga clashes between Celta Vigo and Getafe (two for Celta, one for Getafe) have all been by the odd goal.
- Getafe have only won one of their 10 previous top-flight visits to Galicia (3-1 at Deportivo in 2009/10).
- Celta Vigo have started this season in exactly the same way that they started their last season in the top tier - one win and three defeats.
- The Madrid-based side have failed to win any of their last seven away league games (3D 4L) and have only scored twice in this run (11 conceded).
- 15 of the 23 goals that Iago Aspas scored in the second division last season came at the Balaidos.
- Four of the six shots Pedro Leon (who is Getafe's leading shooter this season with Xavi Torres) has attempted have hit the target, but none have found the net.
- Excluding Barcelona and Real Madrid players, Alex Lopez has completed the most passes in the opposition half in La Liga this season (144).
- None of Getafe's five league goals this season so far have been scored by strikers.
Betis - Espanyol
- Betis have only won one of their last 12 top-flight meetings with Espanyol (7D, 4L).
- Betis have drawn more games against Espanyol in La Liga (10) than any other side in the 21st century.
- The Green-and-Whites have failed to win any of their last home clashes with Espanyol (7D 1L), their second longest home streak against one club without a win (Barcelona - 13).
- Espanyol haven't picked up a single win away from Cornella in La Liga in the year 2012 (5D 7L).
- Betis have only win two of their last nine league games played at the Benito Villamarin (5D 2L).
- Espanyol have lost more points from goals conceded in the final 10 minutes (five) than any other side in La Liga this season.
- Italian striker Samuele Longo has scored in each of the last two gameweeks.
- Ruben Castro has scored more league goals than any other Spanish player in the year 2012 (13).
Barcelona - Granada
- Barcelona have won their last six league meetings with Granada, they have never won seven in a row against them.
- Granada have lost all 18 previous top-flight trips to the Nou Camp to face Barcelona; they have lost more games there than at any other away ground.
- The Catalans have won the title on all four previous occasions that they have won their opening four league games (2010, 1998, 1991 and 1985).
- Granada have only drawn one of their last 29 away La Liga games (0-0 v Mallorca in April 2012).
- Last season, Granada became the first team to score three goals at the Nou Camp as an away team and still lose (3-5) since Atletico Madrid in October 1994 (3-4).
- Xavi found the net in both clashes between Barcelona and Granada last season. His goal at the Nou Camp in March remains his last league strike.
- Messi scored more hat-tricks than any other La Liga player at home last season (seven) and one of them was against Granada.
- David Villa has scored a goal with each of his two shots so far this term (league only).
- Granada had the worst shot conversion rate in La Liga last season (9.02%) and they also have the worst rate this term (4.35%).
Mallorca - Valencia
- The last two league meetings between Mallorca and Valencia have ended in draws, they haven't drawn three consecutive games since April 2002.
- Mallorca have only won three of their last 12 against Valencia in the league on home soil (4D 5L).
- Only Barcelona and Real Madrid (14) have won more games on the island of Mallorca against the Islanders than Valencia (13).
- The Islanders have taken eight points from their opening four league games. The last time they achieved this exact start was in 1998/99, when they finished in their highest ever league position (third).
- Valencia have gone seven straight away games without a win in La Liga, their worst run since April 2010 (eight).
- Mallorca have won their last five league games at the Iberostar, with four of these ending in the same score: 1-0.
- Three of the four goals Hemed has scored in La Liga this season have been set up by Nsue.
- Mallorca is the place in which Roberto Soldado has played the most games in La Liga without scoring a goal (four).
- Both headed goals Valencia have netted this term in the league have been assisted by Tino Costa.
Levante - Real Sociedad
- Levante have won five of their previous eight top-flight clashes with Real Sociedad (2D 1L).
- Levante won both clashes with Real Sociedad last season, scoring exactly three goals in each game.
- El Ciutat de Valencia is the only ground Real Sociedad have played four (or more) games at and lost every one (P4 L4) in La Liga.
- Levante have won six of their last nine home league games (D1 L2).
- Sociedad have gone 11 games away from the Anoeta without a win in La Liga, with their last three points coming at Valencia back in January.
- Across Europe's top five leagues, only Napoli (72.7%) have converted a higher percentage of their shots on target than Levante (71.4%) this season.
- Carlos Vela has directly participated in 45.7% of Real Sociedad's league goals this calendar year (11 goals and five assists).
Atletico Madrid - Valladolid
- Atletico Madrid have won their last two league games against Real Valladolid. They haven't won three straight games in the top-flight against them since September 1997.
- The Red-and-Whites have won 15 of their 17 clashes with Valladolid at the Vicente Calderon in the top-flight.
- Atletico and Valladolid haven't drawn a top-flight league game since April 1953 (2-2).
- Atletico Madrid have won their last three home league games; they haven't won four in a row since April 2010.
- Only Lyon and Bayern Munich (nine each) have scored more home goals than Atletico Madrid (eight) across Europe's top five leagues.
- Falcao has netted in his last two league appearances. Only Gonzalo Higuain has netted in three consecutive league games this term.
- Simeone's side have committed fewer fouls than any other La Liga team this season (33).
- Javi Guerra was the top scoring away goalscorer in the second division last term (13 goals).
- Atletico and Valladolid are the only teams to have netted more than one penalty this season so far (two each).
Athletic Bilbao - Malaga
- Malaga have only won one of their last nine league games at the San Mames (5L 3D), and that was in the season they suffered relegation to the second tier (2005/06).
- Bilbao have found the net in every home game in La Liga against Malaga (since their reformation).
- Both of Malaga's away trips this season have ended in 1-0 wins for Pellegrini's side.
- Malaga are enjoying their best ever start to a La Liga campaign after four games played (3W 1D).
- The Lions are, along with Zaragoza, the only team yet to score a first-half goal this term.
- Malaga, meanwhile, are one of three teams (with Osasuna and Valladolid) yet to concede a goal in the first 45 minutes of agame.
- Malaga (together with Sevilla) have the best defensive record in La Liga this season (two goals conceded) while Bilbao have the worst (12).
- Athletic have only been shown two yellow cards at home all season, a joint-league-low with Valladolid.
- Fernando Llorente scored his first goal of this season with his first shot on target.
- Excluding Barcelona and Real Madrid players, Isco (104) and Nacho Monreal (101) have made more passes in the final third than any other players this term.
Rayo Vallecano - Real Madrid
- Rayo Vallecano have lost their last eight La Liga matches against Real Madrid, their worst ever losing streak against one team in the top-flight.
- The Whites have won their last five against Rayo on the road, they have never gone six straight derbies against one team without dropping a single point.
- Only one of the 13 La Liga derbies between these sides in Vallecas has ended in a draw (1-1 in January 1979).
- Real Madrid have lost two of their opening four league games this season, the last time they lost three of their opening five was in 1993/94 when they finished fourth.
- Mourinho's side are the only team in La Liga yet to have scored a goal via a Spanish player this term.
- Delibasic, together with Leo Messi, is the only player to have scored two goals in one game as a substitute this season.
- Gonzalo Higuain has missed seven big chances already this season, the most of all players. He only missed 10 in the entire 2011/12 campaign.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has attempted more direct free kicks than any other player this season (six) but is yet to score a goal with one.
- Roberto Trashorras, meanwhile, is the only player to net a direct free kick in La Liga this campaign (v Granada).
Deportivo - Sevilla
- Sevilla have only won two of their last 25 top-flight trips to the Riazor (4D 19L).
- Neither Deportivo nor Sevilla have lost a league game so far this campaign.
- The last six league games played by Michel's side have ended in either home wins or away draws for Sevilla.
- The Galician side have drawn their last three league games; they have only ever drawn four consecutive top-flight games once (October/November 1998).
- Only in two previous campaigns (70/71, 84/85) have Sevilla conceded fewer goals after four games than they have now (two). In both of those seasons they failed to finish in the European spots.
- Only against Athletic Bilbao (33) have Deportivo won more top-flight games than against Sevilla (32).
- The Andalusians are the only team yet to concede a league goal to an opposition striker this season.
- Sevilla are the only team yet to score a goal after the half-time interval in La Liga this season.
- Rakitic has been shown more yellow cards than any other player this term (four) and has already equalled his most yellows in a single season (including in Germany and Spain).
- Deportivo have never won a home game when Michel has been the visiting manager, losing one and drawing two of three so far.