La Liga Opta Facts - 22-24 September
Atlético de Madrid v Getafe
- Atlético have won four successive matches against Getafe in La Liga; they have never managed five in a row.
- Getafe suffered their biggest ever Primera División defeat at the Vicente Calderón (7-0, November 2013).
- Los rojiblancos have won their last five home league derbies versus Getafe; keeping clean sheets in all of those matches.
- Getafe have gone seven matches without scoring against Atlético in La Liga; their worst run versus a single club in the Primera.
- Atlético de Madrid won their three Madrid derbies at el Calderón in the league last season; Getafe lost three on the bounce away from home.
- Fran Escribá has lost each of his four previous meetings against Atlético as a manager in La Liga; never seeing his side score.
- Diego Pablo Simeone's side scored more set piece goals last season in La Liga than anyone else (37); this season they have only bagged one and it came from a direct free kick.
- Five of the last 10 goals recorded by Atlético against los azulones in La Liga have been headed.
- Only Villarreal have seen more goalscorers in La Liga this campaign (seven) than Atlético (six).
Espanyol v Valencia
- Espanyol lost their two league meetings with Valencia last season though they did knock them out of the Copa del Rey.
- Los ches have been victorious in two of their six visits to Cornellá-El Prat (now called Power8 Stadium) in the league (D2 L2), in the first meeting (0-2 in 2010) and in the most recent showdown (1-2 in February 2015).
- Espanyol lost their last home game by the biggest margin ever there in the Primera División (0-6 v Real Madrid).
- In the last two Valencia wins against Los Pericos both Pablo Piatti and Dani Parejo have got on the scoresheet.
- Espanyol boss Sergio González played his final match as a player in the Primera against Valencia back in 2011; he was wearing a Levante shirt (lost 0-1).
- Valencia have not won successive matches away from the Mestalla in the league since February 2015.
- Álvaro Negredo has scored six goals in his last seven league matches played against Espanyol.
- Valencia have only scored two goals in this La Liga, their lowest total after four games since the 97/98 campaign.
- Hernán Pérez is the only Espanyol player to have scored and assisted in the same game this season in La Liga.
Granada v Real Sociedad
- Granada have only won one of their four home games played against Real Sociedad since their promotion to La Liga (D2 L1).
- Los txuri-urdin have drawn four of their last six league games against Granada (W1 L1).
- Real Sociedad are the side to have beaten Granada more often than anyone else in La Liga (14 overall, 12 at home).
- Carlos Vela has scored four of the last five goals by los donostiarras versus Granada in La Liga.
- Granada have only won one of their four league games at home with José Ramón Sandoval as manager (D1 L2) and have lost their last two by the same result: 1-3.
- Real Sociedad have failed to win any of their opening four matches in La Liga (D2 L2), something that hasn't happened to them since 2006/07.
- The last five goals scored by Granada against los donostiarras have come in the final 16 minutes of matches.
- Rubén Rochina has scored two goals in his three matches against Real Sociedad in La Liga.
- Only Carlos Kameni against Barça (12) recorded more saves in a single game this season than the total registered by Andrés Fernández against Real Madrid (9) in their last match.
Celta de Vigo v Barcelona
- Celta de Vigo have only won one of their last 10 matches versus Barcelona in La Liga (D1 L8) and that was at the Camp Nou (0-1 in November 2014).
- Barcelona have claimed victory in four of their last five league visits to Vigo (D1) and in three of those have kept a clean sheet.
- The last Celta victory against Barça in Balaídos came in May 2004 (1-0) and it was the last league game played by Luis Enrique as a player.
- No player in the current Celta de Vigo squad has scored against Barça in La Liga.
- Celta are unbeaten in five matches at home in La Liga (W3 D2); their best home run with Eduardo Berizzo as the manager.
- Barcelona have won 11 of their last 12 matches on the road in La Liga (D1), their last defeat coming at Anoeta in January 2015.
- Nolito has scored at least one goal in eight of his last 10 matches in the league (nine goals).
- These two teams have the highest share of possession across all sides in La Liga so far this season (Barcelona 70.16% & Celta 64.97%).
- Leo Messi (three goals and an assist) and Neymar (two goals) have been involved in the last six league goals for Barcelona.
- Eduardo Berizzo has a better win percentage in the league over his two seasons (38.1%) than Luis Enrique managed when he was in charge of Celta (36.84%).
Levante v Eibar
- Levante did not lose either of their two matches against Eibar last season (W1 D1).
- The last win recorded by Eibar versus los granotas was in the 2005 Copa del Rey (0-1).
- Saúl Berjón scored in both of the matches played by Eibar against los granotas last season.
- Levante have only won one of their last six league matches played at home but they drew four of those (L1).
- If they avoid defeat, Eibar will equal the longest unbeaten away from home in the top-flight with four games (currently W1 D2).
- Víctor Camarasa has scored three goals in La Liga; the first against Eibar in Ipurua last season and the most recent one against Sevilla in the last game in the Ciutat de Valéncia.
- Despite losing in the most recent game against Atlético, José Luis Mendilibar has enjoyed his best first four games as a manager in the Primera División (seven points).
- El granota have conceded more goals to different nationalities than any other side in the league (5); Spanish, French, Argentinian, Brazilian and Chilean.
- Saúl Berjón is the player this season to have crossed the most in La Liga (36).
Rayo Vallecano v Sporting de Gijón
- Rayo have won four of their nine home matches against Sporting in Primera (D1 L4), the most recent of those coming in 1995 (2-0).
- Los sportinguistas have won their last five matches against los franjirrojos in La Liga; they've never won six in a row against one opponent in the top-flight.
- The last meeting in the Primera between these two sides in Vallecas ended with a victory for the Asturias side, winning 1-3 in 2011. It was the last time (until the most recent game) that a Sporting player scored a brace away from home in the competition (Nacho Novo).
- Only in the 2001/2002 season when they lost both games, have Rayo started with a worse home record than this campaign (D1 L1).
- Sporting have lost only one of their last four away matches in the Primera División (W2 D1).
- Roberto Trashorras is the Rayo player to have recorded the most assists for them since promotion to the top-flight (20).
- Rayo (36 and 40) and Sporting (32 and 33) are both in the bottom three for total shots and fouls conceded (respectively) this season.
- Rayo and Sporting are two of the three sides yet to score in the second-half this season, alongside Malaga who are yet to score at all.
- Only Sporting and Real Sociedad have conceded two goals from corner situations in the same game this term.
Athletic Club v Real Madrid
- Athletic beat Real Madrid 1-0 in the last league meeting; they have not won consecutive games against them in La Liga since 2005 (3).
- The Whites have won three of their last five trips to Bilbao (D1 L1), but these three wins (all 3-0) came in their last three trips to the old San Mames.
- Of sides they faced in both 2013/14 and 2014/15, only at three away grounds did Real Madrid fail to claim a single victory; the Camp Nou, the Vicente Calderon and the new San Mames.
- These sides have met 168 times before in La Liga but only three times previously on a Wednesday.
- Real Madrid have won both previous trips to Bilbao to face Athletic on a Wednesday in a La Liga, winning 3-0 in 2012 and 5-0 in 1996.
- Athletic have misplaced the most passes this term (468) while Real have misplaced the fewest (278).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 14 goals in 12 league meetings with Athletic but is yet to score at the new San Mames (two trips).
- Ibai Gomez has scored more goals against Real Madrid than any other current Athletic player (three).
- Sergio Ramos has netted four league goals against Athletic, making them his joint-favourite opponent along with Valencia.
- Aduriz has scored more goals than any other La Liga player in all competitions this term (9).
Malaga v Villarreal
- Malaga have won three of their last five home league meetings with Villarreal (D1 L1).
- The Yellows have only won two of their 12 visits to La Rosaleda in the top-flight (D5 L5); 2-3 in 2010 and 0-2 in 2005.
- Malaga have scored in their last 13 league meetings with Villarreal; only against Racing have they scored in more current games in a row (15).
- The side from the Costa del Sol are the only team in the top five leagues yet to score this season (D2 L2).
- The Yellow Submarine have started two previous La Liga seasons with three wins and a draw from four games, they ended up in Europe both times (fifth in 2009, sixth in 2014 under Marcelino).
- Malaga have had four players sent off in their last eight meetings with the side from Castellon.
- Javi Gracia played 58 league games for Villarreal between the 2000/01 and 2002/03 league seasons; Jorge Lopez (105) and Guillermo Amor (64) were the only midfielders to play more for them in this period.
- Three players have scored for both these sides in this La Liga fixture before, Gerardo, Santi Cazorla and Samuel. Adrian Lopez and Samu Castillejo could join them here.
- Roberto Soldado has scored six goals in his last five league games against Malaga.
Las Palmas v Sevilla
- Las Palmas have only won two of their last 11 La Liga meetings with Sevilla (D3 L6).
- Sevilla have taken at least a point in three of their last five trips to Gran Canaria (W2 D1) but they did lost 1-0 last time out in 2001.
- El Pio Pio have not won a La Liga game since March 2002 (D6 L5), failing to score five times since then.
- Las Palmas have not scored at home this season.
- If Sevilla lose this match, Unai Emery will equal his worst start to a season as Sevilla boss; his side had just two points from five games in 2013/14.
- Las Palmas have beaten Sevilla more times than any other top-flight opponent (24).
- Fernando Llorente has scored one and assisted one of Sevilla's two league goals this season.
- Since joining Sevilla from Las Palmas two seasons ago, Vitolo has conceded more fouls than any other player for the Andalusian side.
Real Betis v Deportivo
- Real Betis are without a win in five home La Liga meetings with Deportivo (D2 L3), last beating them back in 2005 (2-0).
- The side from Andalusia have failed to score in eight of their last 11 home clashes with Depor in the top-flight (W1 D4 L6).
- Ruben Castro has scored two goals in three meetings with his former side in the Primera.
- Only against Osasuna (11) has Joaquin won more La Liga games than he has against Deportivo (9).
- Pepe Mel has never lost to Deportivo as a La Liga manager (W2 D1).
- Deportivo's victory at Rayo in their last away league game ended a run of 10 without a win on the road (D6 L4).
- If they avoid defeat here, Real Betis will have gone four unbeaten at home in the top-flight for the first time since the end of the 2012/13 season.
- There has been a red card in three of Betis's four league games this season (two for them, one for an opponent).
- Luis Alberto and Lucas Perez (each with two goals and one assist) have contributed to all six Deportivo league goals this season.