La Liga Opta Facts - 22-25 February
Athletic Bilbao v Real Sociedad
- Athletic have won seven of their last eight derbies against Real Sociedad at the San Mames (1D).
- Sociedad have not won at the Cathedral since their first visit in the league this century (3-1 in June 2001).
- Real Sociedad will visit the San Mames for the last time; only away at Sporting Gijon (12) have they won more often than at Bilbao (11) in their top-flight history.
- Three of the four goals that Aritz Aduriz has scored against Real Sociedad in La Liga have come whilst wearing the Bilbao shirt.
- Real Sociedad have benefited from more own goals against Athletic than any other team since their most recent promotion (two).
- Markel Susaeta scored his only previous La Liga brace against Real Sociedad at the San Mames last season (2-0 win).
- Marcelo Bielsa's side have lost their last two league games without scoring a goal, a run that included their heaviest ever home defeat under the Argentinean (0-4 v Espanyol).
- Montanier's side have only lost one of their last 14 league games (W7 D6), and that was at the Bernabeu (4-3 in January).
- Aduriz has scored 12 league goals already this season, equalling his best ever record for a single La Liga campaign (12 with Mallorca in 2009/10).
Mallorca v Getafe
- Mallorca have won six of their eight La Liga home games against Getafe, losing only one (1-2 last season).
- The Blues have won three games against the Balearic side over the last three seasons; against no side have they won more.
- Abdel Barrada scored his first and so far only brace in Getafe's last victory on the island in the top-flight.
- Mallorca have gone eight home league games without a victory (3D 5L), they have never gone nine in a row on home soil without one within the same season.
- Getafe have lost their last four league games, conceding a total of 17 goals and scoring just four themselves.
- Mallorca's last three league draws have all come at the Iberostar and have been achieved thanks to goals in the last five minutes of the game.
- Getafe have conceded a joint-high 13 goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season (level with Deportivo).
- Ex Mallorca keeper Moya has made 86 saves and faced 120 shots on target this season, considerably more than counterpart in this game Dudu Aouate (73 and 110).
Real Zaragoza v Valencia
- Zaragoza have won three of their seven league meetings with Valencia since their promotion (1D 3L).
- The last four Valencia victories at La Romareda have all come via the same scoreline (1-0).
- In three of the home side's last four victories over Valencia in Aragon, they have netted exactly four goals.
- Zaragoza have gone seven league games without a win (D2 L5), their worst run under Manolo Jimenez.
- Valencia have won all four away league games under Valverde, netting seven goals of which four have been headers.
- Helder Postiga has scored more league goals this term thanks to assists by Victor Rodriguez (three) than thanks to the help of any other teammate.
- Of the three top scoring Spaniards this season on 12 league goals, Roberto Soldado has needed the fewest shots on target (23).
- Zaragoza have lost 14 league games having conceded the first goal this season, the most of all teams in La Liga.
- Valencia are the only La Liga team yet to score a goal from outside the area this season.
- Manolo Jimenez's side have already lost five games this calendar year, no team in Europe's top five leagues has lost more.
Deportivo v Real Madrid
- Deportivo have lost five of their last six league meetings with Real Madrid (1D), but only one of those defeats was at the Riazor.
- With their 3-1 victory in 2009/10, the Whites ended a run of six consecutive league defeats at the Riazor.
- If they fail to win this game, the Riazor will become the only ground that Jose Mourinho has visited more than once in La Liga without recording a victory.
- The Galician side have lost their last five league games; they have not lost six in a row in the same campaign since 1964/65.
- Real Madrid have already lost five away league games this season, their worst record on the road in a single campaign under Mourinho.
- Karim Benzema scored his first ever away goal against Deportivo in January 2010 after a memorable assist from Guti.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored six goals in four league games against Depor, but all six goals have come at the Bernabeu.
- Of the 10 teams to have created the most chances in La Liga this season, Deportivo have scored the fewest goals (28 from 241).
- Real Madrid have hit the woodwork more often than any other team in Europe's top five leagues this season (20).
- Deportivo have conceded a league-high 13 headed goals already this term.
Barcelona v Sevilla
- Sevilla have not beaten Barcelona in La Liga since Dani Alves scored the winning goal for them in a 2-1 victory in March 2007; since then they have failed to win in 11 (D3).
- This fixture last season was the last time Barcelona failed to score in La Liga in the Camp Nou (0-0), and also ended a run of seven straight home wins for Barca against Sevilla.
- The Andalusian side have conceded an average of three goals per game in their last six away league games against Barcelona.
- Unai Emery's side have taken 10 of the last 15 points available to them (3W 1D), but have not won away from home since September 2012 (L7 D2).
- Since their last home defeat, Barcelona have averaged 3.69 goals per game (12W 1D) on home soil, scoring at least three in each of their last seven games.
- Sevilla have been shown three red cards in their last three away games against Barcelona.
- Beto has conceded at least once in each of his four games (league and cup) for Sevilla, shipping eight in total.
- Barcelona have conceded fewer goals than any other team in the first 15 minutes of games this season (one), while Sevilla have conceded a joint-high nine in the first 15 minutes after the break.
- Messi has now scored in a record 14 consecutive league games.
- Barcelona, together with Levante, have recouped a league-high 14 points having conceded the first goal this season and overturned a 0-2 deficit to beat Sevilla earlier this season.
- Unai Emery has never won in 10 league games against Barcelona (D4) and has lost all five at the Camp Nou.
Rayo Vallecano v Real Valladolid
- Rayo have lost their last three league games against Valladolid; they have never lost four in a row against them in the top-flight.
- Valladolid have won exactly the same number of games as they have lost in Vallecas in their top-flight history (four).
- Los Franjirrojos have won their last four home league games; their best record since a run of nine home wins achieved in their first ever top-flight campaign (1977/78).
- Valladolid have gone four league games without a win (D2 L2), they have not gone five without one this season.
- Paco Jemez's side have averaged 56% possession this campaign; only Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid have averaged more.
- Valladolid have won none of nine games without Patrick Ebert in La Liga this term (D4 L5).
- Leo Baptistao has participated in more goals than any other Rayo player this season (seven goals and five assists).
- Oscar (two goals, two assists) and Manucho (two goals, two assists) participated in five of Valladolid's six goals against Rayo in the reverse fixture this season.
- Excluding Real Madrid and Barcelona players, only two midfielders have completed over 1000 passes this season: Trashorras (1,163) and Alvaro Rubio (1,008).
Celta Vigo v Granada
- Celta Vigo have won just two of their last 10 top-flight clashes with Granada (D3 L5).
- Celta have, however, won five and lost none of their last seven top-flight clashes with Granada at the Balaidos.
- Granada have failed to score a single goal in any of their last five trips to the Balaidos in La Liga, though they have picked up two points in this run.
- Celta are winless in six league games (D2 L4), with their last victory coming back in January in their first game of 2013 (3-1 v Valladolid).
- The Andalusian side have already won as many away league games this year as they won last term (four).
- Celta top scorer Iago Aspas has gone six league games without scoring; his worst ever run in the Primera Division.
- Since Lucas Alvarez took charge of Granada, Odion Ighalo has scored two goals from just three shots on target. Before that, he had scored just one from 12 this season.
- Granada have won all three away games in which they have scored the first goal this season.
Atletico Madrid v Espanyol
- Atletico have only won two of their last six league clashes with Espanyol (D1 L3).
- The Red-and-Whites have won three of their last four against los pericos at the Calderon, however (1L), scoring at least three times in each win.
- Over the last seven seasons, Espanyol have won three away games against Atleti; against no side have they won more away games in this period.
- Diego Simeone's side have won 12 home league games already this season; only Man Utd have won as many across Europe's top leagues.
- Espanyol have won their last their last three league games; they have not won four in a row since May 2009.
- Atleti have won seven of the nine games in which both Falcao and Diego Costa have both started in La Liga this season.
- The Catalan side have kept two successive clean sheets on the road; they have not managed three in a row since November 1995 (four).
- Falcao has scored 29 goals in 29 home games for Atletico in La Liga.
- Sergio Garcia has scored more goals than any other Espanyol player under Javier Aguirre (four).
- Koke has made a club-high nine assists in La Liga since Cholo Simeone took charge of Atletico.
- Former Atleti manager Javier Aguirre has already won at the Vicente Calderon as an away manager; his Osasuna side won 1-0 there in 2006.
Real Betis v Malaga
- Real Betis have only won one of their last seven league meetings with Malaga (3D 3L), and that victory came at La Romareda (2-0 last season).
- The South Coast side have gone four away games against Betis without a win (3D 1L); they have never gone four in a row against them without one in La Liga.
- Malaga have won their last two away league games, they have never won three in a row under Manuel Pellegrini.
- Betis are winless in five league games (2D 3L) but are unbeaten in three on home soil (1W 2D).
- If they fail to score in this game, Betis will equal their worst ever run of games without a goal in La Liga (five, set in November 2012).
- The side from Seville have not won a league game without Ruben Castro in the starting eleven this season (1D 3L), including a defeat to Malaga in the reverse fixture.
- Joaquin has scored two goals in just 461 minutes of football against former club Real Betis and has only lost one of seven games against his old side.
- No Betis substitute has scored a home goal in La Liga this season, while Malaga have only conceded one goal to an opposition substitute all campaign (a league-low).
- Javier Saviola has scored seven goals against Betis in his La Liga career, against no club has he netted more.
Levante v Osasuna
- Levante have lost their last three league games against Osasuna without scoring a single goal, conceding a total of eight.
- The Reds have won just two of their five trips to the Ciutat in the Primera (L3), though they did win there last season (2-0).
- JIM's side have gone three league games without a win (1D 2L), their worst run of the season.
- Mendilibar's side, meanwhile, have gone five away league games without a win (D3 L2).
- Osasuna have not lost any of the six games in which Kike Sola has scored this season (W4 D2).
- Nino, together with Pandiani and Soldado, has scored more goals in this fixture in La Liga than any other player and is also the only player to have scored for both clubs in this fixture (four in total).
- Levante have scored a league-high percentage of their goals in the 15 minutes after half-time (27%) this season, while Osasuna have netted a joint-low of just two in this period.
- The Reds are the lowest scorers in La Liga this season having netted a total of just 20 goals so far (Levante 30).