La Liga Opta Facts - 23-26 October
Rayo Vallecano v Espanyol
- Rayo have won just one of their last fifteen games in La Liga versus Espanyol (D5 L9) - this coming in March 2013 (2-0).
- Jemez's side have won just one of their last five games at Vallecas (D1 L3).
- Espanyol have won all three points in just one of their last six trips to Madrid in La Liga (L5) and this came at the Vallecas in December 2014 (3-1).
- Rayo have lost three La Liga games in a row - they havent lost four in a row since September 2013 (six in a row).
- Javi Guerra has scored in four of the five games in which Rayo have scored this season (four goals in total).
- Marco Asensio assisted three goals in his last appearance; the first Espanyol player to assist this many in a single game since 1998-99.
- Espanyol and Rayo Vallecano are the two sides to have conceded the most goals from inside the penalti area this season (16 each).
- Felipe Caicedo has scored in two successive appearances - he has only scored in three in a row once before; this coming in December 2010 for Levante.
- The Catalonian teams are the only sides yet to draw a game in La Liga this season.
Celta v Real Madrid
- Celta have lost six of their last seven La Liga games against Real Madrid (W1).
- Celta have gone seven home games in a row without a defeat. They haven't managed eight or more in a row since 2003 (nine).
- Celta are the team to have conceded the most goals in top-flight history against Real Madrid (214 goals).
- However, they are also the team to have scored the most against Real Madrid in the top-flight (130 goals).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored eight goals in his last five La Liga games against Celta.
- Rafael Benitez hasn't lost as Real Madrid manager in La Liga yet - the last manager to have lasted so long without a defeat as their boss was Jose Mourinho (13 La Liga games).
- In their last La Liga game against Levante, Cristiano Ronaldo became Real Madrid's all-time top goalscorer (324 goals).
- Should Real Madrid keep a clean sheet in this game they'll equal their lowest number of goals conceded in the opening nine games of a Liga season. In 1987-88, they conceded just twice in their opening nine games.
- If Celta avoid defeat in this match, they'll equal their best run of games without a loss (14 matches); which last came back in 2001 with current manager Berizzo on their playing staff.
- Berizzo's last Liga goal as a player came against a team managed by Rafa Benitez - Valencia in October 2003.
- No side has scored more goals from inside the box than Celta (16), while no side have more goals from outside the area than Real Madrid (3) in 2015-16.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (37%) and Nolito (28%) are the two players with the highest shot conversión ratio for their respective sides.
Granada v Real Betis
- Granada have won just three of their 11 La Liga home games againsy Betis (D4 L4).
- Their heaviest home defeat in the competition also came against Betis (1-5) in April 2013.
- Granada have now gone five successive La Liga home games without a victory (D2 L3) - they conceded three goals in all three of their defeat during this run.
- Betis have now gone three away games in a row without a defeat (W2 D1) - they haven't gone four without a defeat since 2008 (six games in a row).
- There have been three red cards given in the last two La Liga games at Los Cármenes.
- The first goal that Granada conceded in their return to the Spanish top-flight was netted by Rubén Castro, who scored it at Los Cármenes.
- Betis have conceded the most goals in the opening 15 minute period of the second half in La Liga games this season (5).
- Sandoval has won his two previous games against Betis in the top tier without conceeding a single goal.
- Betis have lost seven Andalucian derbies in a row now - four of them have seen them fail to score a single goal.
Sevilla v Getafe
- Sevilla have won their last four La Liga games against Getafe at Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán, conceding just one goal in the process.
- Sevilla haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last six La Liga home games, conceding 12 goals in the process.
- Getafe have gone eight La Liga games in a row without a victory away from home (D1 L7) and have only scored in two of those games.
- Sevilla are the team to have lost the most La Liga games against Getafe (10).
- Getafe have seen six goals from substitutes this season; a league-high.
- Each of the last five goals scored by Getafe against Sevilla have been by Spanish players, including a current Sevilla player (Escudero).
- Getafe won their last La Liga game 4-0 versus Las Palmas - their biggest win in La Liga since a 5-1 victory against their opponents in this match (5-1 v Sevilla) in April 2012.
- No Sevilla player has assisted more than one goal in La Liga this season.
- Sevilla have allowed their opponents more shots on target than any other La Liga side so far this season (143).
Málaga v Deportivo
- Malaga have gone three games in a row without a defeat against Deportivo (W2 D1) - this after being winless in their 19 games prior to this run against them.
- The Galicians have drawn 12 of their last 17 visits to Andalusia in the top-flight (W1 L4).
- Malaga have won just one of their last nine La Liga games at home (D5 L3) - this came against Real Sociedad.
- Deportivo have gone six away games in a row without defeat in La Liga - they haven't managed seven in a row since 2001.
- As a Deportivo player, Víctor Sánchez del Amo scored more goals against Málaga (five) than versus any other side.
- Only Barcelona (19) have made fewer substitutions than Deportivo in La Liga this season (21).
- Malaga have scored four goals fewer (3) than in their previous lowest scoring start to a La Liga season after eight games (7).
- Only Miguel Lopes (44) has made more tackles than Pedro Mosquera (36) in this La Liga season.
- Malaga have scored the most own goals in La Liga this season (2).
Levante v Real Sociedad
- Levante have gone five games in a row without winning against Real Sociedad (D4 L1).
- Sociedad have never won in the top-flight at Ciutat de Valencia (D2 L5).
- Levante have lost only one of their last eight La Liga home games (W2 D5) - this was a 1-2 defeat to Celta.
- Real Sociedad have won just one of their last eight league games (D3 L4) - an away game against Granada (3-0).
- Lucas Alcaraz has just one win from 10 La Liga games against Real Sociedad as a manager (D3 L6).
- The Basque side have two La Liga defeats in a row - they haven't lost three in a row in the competition since March 2012.
- Levante are the only team yet to score in the first half of a La Liga game this season.
- Levante have won the most points from goals scored in the final 10 minutes of La Liga games this season (3 - level with Sporting).
- Agirretxe has scored five goals in his last six games and he is just two goals from his total goal tally from last season (in 31 games).
Las Palmas v Villarreal
- Las Palmas have won only one of their four top-flight games against Villarreal, but this came in their last meeting (3-2).
- The last team to score five goals as an away side at Las Palmas in La Liga was Villarreal (5-1 in December 2000).
- Las Palmas have only scored in one of their last six home games in the top-flight - this was also the only game they they won in this period (2-0 v Sevilla).
- Villarreal have suffered two defeats in a row in La Liga - they have never lost three in succession under the management of Marcelino.
- Villarreal have dropped the most points (4) from goals conceded in the final 10 minutes of La Liga games this season.
- Las Palmas have conceded the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of La Liga games this season (4).
- Roberto Soldado already has four assists this season - this is his all-time record in a single La Liga season.
Barcelona v Eibar
- Barcelona have won their two previous La Liga games against Eibar without conceding a goal (3-0 and 2-0).
- Eibar are only a five game run without a defeat away from home in La Liga (W2 D3); their best ever record in the top-flight.
- Barcelona have conceded a goal in each of their last three league games at home - they have never conceded in four successive league home games under Luis Enrique.
- Eibar have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season (4), while Barcelona are yet to score in this period of the game.
- Eibar (7) and Real Madrid (2) are the only two sides to have conceded 100% of their La Liga goals this season in the second half of games.
- Eibar have dropped the most points after scoring the first goal of the game (6) this season.
- Barcelona have won the most points after conceding the first goal of the game (6) this season.
- This is a meeting between the team with the highest average possession - Barcelona, 64.1% - and the lowest average possession - Eibar, 40.8%.
- Barcelona have been fouled more often than any other La Liga side this season (138), while Eibar have been fouled the least (73).
- Escalante has made the most fouls in the league (27) and has the most yellow cards (6).
- Neymar has been involved in nine of the 17 goals scored by Barcelona in La Liga this season (eight goals, one assist).
Atlético de Madrid v Valencia
- Atlético have never lost to Valencia at Vicente Calderón in La Liga with Diego Simeone as manager (W1 D3).
- With 13 points after eight games, this is the worst Atlético start to a La Liga season with Simeone as manager.
- Valencia have lost two away La Liga games in a row - they have not lost three in a row since December 2013-January 2014.
- Valencia have drawn 40 games against Atlético in the top-flight - the most against an opponent, level with their 40 draws versus Barcelona.
- Atlético have allowed their opponents the fewest shots on target this season (23).
- The last three meetings between these two sides in La Liga have seen a red card given.
- This is Valencia's lowest goal tally in a La Liga campaign after eight games since 1997-98 (7).
- Valencia have scored the fewest goals from open play in La Liga this season (2).
- Only Getafe's substitutes have scored more goals (6) than Atletico's (five) this season.
Athletic v Sporting
- Athletic have lost just one of their last 21 games against Sporting in La Liga (W12 D8) - this coming at San Mamés in October 2009.
- Sporting were the last team to concede seven goals as an away side at San Mamés in La Liga (7-0 in April 1994).
- The Basque team have alternated between a win and a defeat in La Liga home games this season.
- Sporting have only lost one of four away games in this season (W2 D1).
- The Basque team have the most headed goals in this La Liga season (five).
- Sporting have the best shot conversión ratio away from home this season (27.3%).
- The last time that Sporting conceded as few goals after eight games of a La Liga season (8) was back in 1993-94 (also 8).
- Aduriz has played eight times without scoring against Sporting in La Liga; more often than against any other opponent.
- Lora has assisted all three of Sporting's away goals in La Liga this season.