La Liga Opta Facts: 25-26 April
Football facts to aid your betting from all the major leagues in Europe.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Almeria v Numancia
- This will be the second meeting between these two sides in the top flight; the only previous meeting was won by Numancia in the reverse fixture back in December.
- Almeria have taken all three points in five of their last six home fixtures in the league.
- Numancia are on a four-game run without a win - drawing two and losing the last two.
- Numancia have picked up only one point from their last ten games on the road, conceding 27 goals in the process.
- All of Numancia's 34 goals this season have been scored by Spanish players.
- Almeria's substitutes have not yet scored a goal this season.
- Before failing to score on the last match day, Almeria's Alvaro Negredo had scored 11 goals in his previous 11 starts in the league.
Malaga v Deportivo
- Deportivo are unbeaten against Malaga in their last 13 league meetings, notching up five draws and eight wins in the process.
- Each of the last three meetings between these two sides at La Rosaleda have ended in draws, with the same scoreline - 1-1.
- The Boquerones have failed to win their last four home fixtures, picking up only two points in the process.
- Malaga have failed to keep a clean sheet at their home ground in their last six league fixtures.
- The Galicians are yet to score their first goal from a direct free-kick this season.
- Miguel Ángel Lotina's side have shared the points on only one occasion in their last 12 away games in the league.
Valencia v Barcelona
- Barcelona have won each of their last three meetings with Valencia, without conceding a single goal in the process.
- The Blaugrana boast the best attack in the competition - 92 goals scored, and the best defence - only 24 conceded.
- Barca have managed to score 13 goals in their last three league meetings with Valencia, with Frenchman Thierry Henry bagging five in the last two.
- Lionel Messi & co. are on a run of seven straight wins, and are unbeaten in their last 17 fixtures - both are currently the longest runs in the league.
- Valencia have won each of their last five fixtures in the league.
- Valencia striker David Villa has netted six goals in his last four games.
- Barca's players have picked up the fewest cards this season: just three reds and 61 yellows.
Sevilla v Real Madrid
- Sevilla are unbeaten on the last five occasions in which they have hosted Real in the league - four wins and a draw in the process.
- Sevilla scored at least two goals in each of those five games.
- Manolo Jiménez's side have lost their last three games in the league, managing to score only one goal in the process and shipping eight.
- Real Madrid have dropped only two points over the last 17 match days, thanks to 16 wins and one draw.
- The Merengues have won each of their last seven away fixtures in the league, keeping a clean sheet on six occasions.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals from outside the box so far - 16, two of which came in their midweek win over Getafe.
- The reigning champions have failed to score only twice in matches so far this season, once against Barcelona and once against Valladolid.
Atletico v Sporting
- Each of the last ten meetings between these two sides in the top flight have been won by Atletico.
- Sporting's last win against Atletico in the league came back in the 1992/93 campaign.
- Sporting have conceded at least once in their last 20 league meetings against Atletico, and have shipped at least two goals in each of their last five visits to the Calderon.
- Abel Resino's players have taken all three points in three of their last four home games in La Liga.
- Sporting have kept only three clean sheets away from home this term, and have conceded two or more goals ten times on the road so far.
- Atletico have only failed to score once at home this season.
- Atletico have shared the points only once at home this term and Sporting are the only side yet to draw away.
Getafe v Villarreal
- Getafe have lost six and won two of their last eight league matches.
- In six months Getafe have kept just one clean sheet, in their 1-0 win over Sevilla.
- At home they have won just once in their last five.
- In nine encounters in the top division between these two sides, Getafe have won just once, 3-0 in April 2007.
- Villarreal have collected just four points from their last nine away league fixtures.
- In five of these Villarreal have failed to score.
Recreativo v Mallorca
- Mallorca have lost just one of their last five away games after succumbing to eight straight defeats in their previous eight away games.
- Mallorca have only twice scored more than one goal on their trips away this season.
- Mallorca have never lost at Huelva in the top division.
- Recreativo' s only win in the top flight against the Majorcans came in the reverse fixture back in December when they won 3-2 in Palma.
- Mallorca have scored just 12 goals away from home this season.
Valladolid v Osasuna
- Of the 27 points Valladolid have taken at home, only eight have come in 2009.
- The last three games at the Jose' Zorrilla stadium have seen a total of just two goals.
- These two sides have shared the points in six of their last seven league encounters.
- Valladolid have won this fixture at home in the top league twice in nine attempts.
- Osasuna have only managed to score more than one goal at Valladolid on three occasions in the Spanish top tier.
- Osasuna have lost one and won one of their last six away games in the league.
Athletic v Racing
- Athletic have won one and lost three of their last five league home fixtures.
- Overall the Basque club has won two and lost six of their last eight league matches.
- Athletic have won once in the last seven league encounters against their neighbors from Cantabria.
- No more than two goals have been scored in the last eight league encounters between these two sides - except in 2007 when Racing won 5-4.
- Racing have lost four of their last five league away matches.
- The team from Santander have won six away games so far and only three at home.
Espanyol v Betis
- Espanyol have collected seven points from their last three home games.
- Betis have lost only one of their last five league matches but this was an embarrassing 6-1 thrashing at the hands of Real Madrid.
- Betis' Cameroonian midfielder Achile Emana has scored four goals in his last three games.
- Betis have won 21 of their 37 points away from home.
- Since 2000 these two teams drawn nine of their 15 games in the top division.
- Betis have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five visits to Espanyol in the top division.