La Liga Opta Facts - 26-28 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic de Bilbao - Valencia
- Valencia have won their last four league meetings with Athletic Bilbao.
- Igor Gabilondo hasn´t scored more goals against any side other than Valencia (three).
- The Basque side have won eight of their last nine league games at San Mamés.
- In five games, Roberto Soldado has never scored against Athletic, losing four of the meetings.
- Unai Emery managed his 100th league game as Valencia boss in the last match against Sporting.
- Emery is currently on his longest-ever unbeaten run with los che in La Liga (10 games).
- Athletic Bilbao are, along with Real Madrid, the highest-scoring team in the opening 15 minutes of league matches this season (nine).
- Los leones have scored the most goals from crosses in the league this season (17).
- By the same token, Athletic have conceded the joint-fewest goals from crosses (three).
- Valencia are one of three teams to have won three league games after going behind this season.
Atlético de Madrid - Sevilla
- Just one of the last 15 league meetings between Atlético and Sevilla have ended in a draw.
- Four of the last five goals from Sevilla players at the Calderón have been scored by Brazilians (three by Luis Fabiano and one from Renato).
- By beating Zaragoza last time out Atlético ended a run of four straight league defeats.
- The nervionenses have won just one of their last five away matches in Liga BBVA.
- Sevilla have conceded the most goals in the 15 minutes after the break this season (nine), while Atlético have scored the fewest in this period (one).
- Sevilla have won the most penalties in the league this season (eight).
- Manzano´s men have hit the most on the most occasions in Liga BBVA this season (12).
- David de Gea has conceded more goals from outside the area than any goalkeeper in Liga BBVA this season (nine).
Sporting de Gijón - Real Zaragoza
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last four top-flight meetings with Zaragoza, a run that includes three draws.
- Sporting have lost just one of their last seven league games.
- David Villa is the only visiting player to have scored in the last 301 minutes of league football at El Molinón.
- Los maños have lost their last two league games: they have not lost three in a row since December 2009.
- Only two sides (Hércules and Osasuna) have picked up fewer points on the road this season than Zaragoza (eight).
- Real Zaragoza have the poorest shot conversion rate in the league this season (8.9%).
- Six of Sporting´s last 11 league goals have been either scored (four) or assisted (two) by Diego Castro.
- Diego Castro is one of only four players in Liga BBVA this season to have scored at least twice with each of their head, right foot and left foot.
Espanyol - Real Sociedad
- The last five league meetings between Real Sociedad and Espanyol have produced only six goals (four 1-0s and one 1-1).
- The Catalonians have won their last two meetings at home to Erreala by a score of 1-0.
- This match is a meeting of the two sides with the fewest draws in the league this season (one each).
- Real Sociedad have not shared the points in their last 22 league games, since September 2010.
- Espanyol are on a run of four straight league defeats, their poorest run since December 2009.
- Los periquitos have lost their last two games at the Cornella-El Prat by a score of 0-1.
- On the other hand, Real Sociedad have won their last two league games by a score of 1-0, each time thanks to a Raúl Tamudo strike.
- The Txuri-urdin are the only side not to have received a red card in Liga BBVA this season.
- Only Victor Valdés (12) has kept more clean sheets in the league this season than Claudio Bravo of Real Sociedad (nine).
Mallorca - Barcelona
- Mallorca have lost seven of their last eight league meetings at home to the Blaugrana, the only exception being a 1-2 reversal at the end of the 08/09 campaign.
- Barcelona have scored just once in three of their last four league meetings with the islanders, including a 1-1 draw at the Camp Nou earlier this season.
- Mallorca have scored just two goals in their last six league games.
- However los bermellones have won three of their last four league matches on home soil.
- A draw in their last away match saw Barcelona end a run of 12 consecutive wins on the road in the league.
- At least one of Messi, Villa or Pedro has scored in Barcelona´s last 17 league games.
- Barcelona are the only side yet to score from an indirect free kick in Liga BBVA this season, and have managed only four shots from these.
- Pep Guardiola´s men have made only 257 fouls in the league this season, 67 fewer than any other side.
- Xavi, who looks set to miss this game, has made the most passes in the league this season (2059), as well as completing the highest proportion of these (94%).
Deportivo de La Coruña - Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have won their last four league meetings with Deportivo
- However the Merengues have won on just one of their last 18 trips to the Riazor in the top-flight: their last game there in January 2010 (1-3).
- Real Madrid only have a lower win % at Barcelona (22%) than they do at Deportivo in the Spanish Primera (28%).
- Deportivo have only lost one of their last eight league games at home.
- Real Madrid´s last three away matches in the league have produced only four goals in total (one win, one draw, one defeat).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in only one of Madrid´s last six league games.
- José Mourinho´s side have netted 15 goals from counter-attacks, six more than any other side in the competition.
- Mesut Ozil has created 4.2 goalscoring chances per 90 minutes in Liga BBVA this season; no other player has created more than three.
Hércules - Getafe
- The only previous meeting between the sides in Primera was Getafe´s 3-0 win at Hércules earlier this season.
- Seven of Getafe´s nine league wins this season have come when they have scored three or more goals.
- Hércules have won five of their last six league games at home.
- However the herculanos have not kept a clean sheet in the league at Alicante since September.
- David Trezeguet has netted 10 goals in 10 league appearances at home for Hércules, however he is yet to score in 11 away games.
- Getafe have won only one of their last eight league matches.
- The azulones have picked up fewer points in 2011 than any other side in Liga BBVA (five).
- Getafe have scored five goals resulting from throw-ins this season, more than any other side in Liga BBVA.
Levante - Osasuna
- Levante have won two of their three league meetings at home to Osasuna in the top flight.
- In seven meetings, los granotas have never failed to score against Osasuna in Primera.
- Defeat in their last match at Real Madrid ended a run of three straight league wins for Levante.
- Felipe Caicedo has the best chance conversion rate in La Liga this season, netting nine goals from just 22 shots (41%).
- Osasuna have the worst away record in Liga BBVA this season (two points from 12 games).
- However they have netted eight goals in their last five fixtures on the road.
- This match sees a meeting of the two sides with the lowest passing accuracies in Liga BBVA this season (70.1% for Levante, 70.2% for Osasuna).
- Osasuna´s substitutes have netted six league goals this season; no other side has netted more.
Racing de Santander - Villarreal
- Racing are without a win in eight league meetings with Villarreal, losing six.
- The Yellow Submarine have only failed to score once in 10 top-flight visits to El Sardinero.
- Nilmar has scored in both of his league starts against Racing.
- Racing have won their last two league matches: they have not won three in a row since March 2008.
- Only three sides (Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia) are currently on longer unbeaten runs at home in Liga BBVA than Racing (eight games).
- Villarreal are on a run of three league games without a victory, their poorest streak since January 2010.
- Seven of the montañeses´ eight league goals in 2011 have come from set pieces.
Málaga - Almería
- Málaga have only won one of their five meetings with Almería in the top flight.
- Los boquerones have never kept a clean sheet against Almería in Primera.
- Málaga have won none of their last 12 league meetings with fellow sides from Andalusía.
- Málaga have the poorest home record in the league this season with just eight points, five fewer than the next-worst: Almería.
- Los boquerones´ last three matches have ended in a draw.
- Almería have lost four straight away games in the league.
- José Luis Oltra´s men have played 19.1% of their passes long in the league this season, more than any other side.
- Málaga have conceded the most goals in Liga BBVA this season (50) followed by Almería (40).
- Only three players have made more than 15 fouls without receiving a card in the league this season, and all of them play for Málaga: Rondón (31), Fernández (21) and Quincy (17).