La Liga Opta Facts - 27-29 October
Espanyol v Malaga
- Espanyol have beaten Malaga in five of their last six encounters played in Barcelona in La Liga (1L).
- Espanyol have not drawn against Malaga at home in La Liga since December 1984, and that draw was the only 0-0 between the sides in 29 clashes at the home of Espanyol in the top-flight.
- Malaga have won three successive games against Espanyol in the top-flight, they haven't won four against them in La Liga since January 2000.
- Malaga's last four away victories against Espanyol in the league have come by the same scoreline; 2-1.
- Pochettino's side claimed their first win of the season against Rayo last time out; they haven't won successive league games since March.
- Pellegrini's side have already got 17 points this season; the last three teams to have this exact total after eight games have gone on to qualify for the Champions League (Sevilla 08/09, Barcelona 07/08, Real Madrid 06/07).
- Joan Verdu is the midfielder to have won the most points for his team with his goals so far this season (five).
- Espanyol have lost more points from winning positions than any other team in the top-flight this campaign (10).
Betis v Valencia
- None of the last eleven clashes between Betis and Valencia have ended drawn, with Los Ches winning nine and Betis two (La Liga only).
- Valencia have scored in their last 14 clashes with Betis in the top-flight, their best ever scoring run against the side from Seville.
- Valencia have gone seven away games without a win in the league (2D 7L), their worst run since 2005 (15).
- Los Ches have only scored one goal in their last eight away league games combined; that of Jonas in the Bernabeu.
- The Green-and-Whites are the only La Liga team still not to score a single goal in the 30 minute period after half-time this campaign.
- Betis's last eight league goals against Valencia have all come in the second-half.
- Of the players in La Liga to average exactly a yellow card per foul in La Liga this season, Roberto Soldado has been shown the most cards (four fouls, four yellow cards).
- Betis have been shown fewer offsides than any other team in La Liga this season (12).
Celta v Deportivo
- Celta Vigo have won their last three top-flight clashes with Deportivo La Coruna, they have never won four straight derbies against them.
- Deportivo have won three of their last five visits to the Balaidos in La Liga, however (2L).
- Celta and Deportivo haven't drawn at the Balaidos since a 0-0 draw in August 1998.
- Deportivo inflicted on Celta Vigo their heaviest ever home defeat in La Liga back in 2003/04 (5-0, joint with Oviedo's win in 1943/44).
- Celta have won three straight home league games, they haven't won four in a row on home soil in the top-flight since December 2005).
- Oltra's side have scored exactly the same number of away goals this season as Paco Herrera's have at home (six).
- Only Bastia keeper Macedo Noaves (20) has conceded more goals than Aranzubia (19) across Europe's top five leagues this season.
- Iago Aspas and Bruno Gama (22) are the most fouled players in La Liga this campaign after Leo Messi (23).
Rayo v Barcelona
- Rayo have lost their last three clashes with Barcelona in La Liga, they haven't lost four in a row against them since 95/96.
- The side from Vallecas have only lost one of their last five home meetings with the Catalans (2W 2D).
- Barcelona's victory over Rayo in Vallecas last season, however, was Rayo's heaviest ever home loss in La Liga (0-7).
- The Catalans have scored more goals against Rayo than any other side in La Liga history (72).
- Rayo have only won one of their last six league games (1D 4L).
- Barcelona have won seven of their first eight games this season; on the last four occasions they have done this, they have gone on to win the title.
- Lionel Messi has scored more away goals (seven) than 17 of the other 19 teams in La Liga in 2012/13.
- Leo Baptistao is the youngest player to have scored more than one league goal this season (20 years old, four goals).
- With his three assists against Deportivo, Cesc Fabregas is now the leading provider in the top-flight his term (five assists).
Zaragoza v Sevilla
- Sevilla have won six of their last seven meetings with Zaragoza in the top-flight (1L).
- The side from Aragon have gone 19 games without a draw in the top-flight; their longest ever run without sharing the spoils.
- Jimenez's side have scored fewer second-half goals than any other La Liga side this season (three).
- The only two goalkeepers who have saved a penalty in La Liga this season will clash in this match; Roberto (against Valladolid) and Palop (against Granada).
- Michel has lost both of his previous trips to La Romareda in La Liga as a manager.
- Alvaro Negredo has scored five goals in his last four clashes with Zaragoza in La Liga.
- Negredo has netted six goals in eight games this season; his best ever start to a top-flight campaign at this stage.
- Sevilla's number nine is, together with David Villa, the Spanish player to have netted the most braces (10) since his move to the club in August 2009.
- Helder Postiga has committed a joint-high 26 fouls in La Liga this season (level with Iriney).
Levante v Granada
- Both previous top-flight clashes between these two sides ended in home wins.
- Levante have won their last six home league games against sides from Andalusia.
- The side from Valencia have won their last three home league games, their best top-flight run since October 2011.
- Anquela's side have only won one of their last eight on the road (1D 6L), though this was in their last away game (2-1 in Mallorca).
- Obafemi Martins has found the net in Levante's last two home league wins.
- El-Arabi has directly participated in Granada's last three league goals - two goals, one assist.
- Levante have won more points with goals in the last 10 minutes than any other team in La Liga this term (10).
- Siqueira has scored more penalties than any other La Liga defender over the last four seasons (five), and netted his first ever top-flight penalty against Levante last season.
Athletic v Getafe
- Four of the last five clashes between Athletic and Getafe in the league have ended drawn, with the last two ending goalless.
- The Basque side have only won one of their last eight league duels with Getafe (5D 2L), though that was a home fixture on matchday nine (3-0 in October 2010).
- On all four occasions that the Lions have beaten Getafe in La Liga, the Madrid side have failed to score.
- On all four occasions that Bilbao have scored since the opening day of the season, Aduriz has been on the scoresheet.
- Athletic, together with Sevilla, are the team to have lost the most points this season following goals conceded in the final five minutes (three).
- Of the 16 goals Getafe have scored against Bilbao in La Liga history, 14 have come from Spanish players.
- Getafe and Greuther Furth are the only two sides in Europe's top five leagues that haven't seen a goal from their strikers this season.
- Getafe are yet to win a game this season when Lopo has started (1D 2L)).
- The Madrid-based side are the only La Liga side who haven't hit the woodwork this season.
Atletico Madrid v Osasuna
- Atletico Madrid have gone five games unbeaten against Osasuna in the league (4W 1D), their best run against them since their return to the top-flight.
- The side from Navarra have only scored in one of their last six trips to the Vicente Calderon in La Liga (4-2 in April 2009).
- Osasuna have gone 10 straight games against sides from Madrid without a win (4D 6L).
- Mendilibar's side have lost their last four away league games, their worst run since February 2011 (five losses).
- On the two previous occasions that Osasuna had earned just one win and two draws from their opening eight league games in the top-flight, they survived relegation at the end of the season.
- The Red-and-Whites have won their last seven league games, they haven't won eight or more in the top-flight since their best ever run of victories in 1983/84 (10).
- Atletico are the team to have scored the most goals in the 15 minutes after half-time this season (six).
- Osasuna have the worst shot conversion rate in La Liga this term (8.86%).
- Falcao has won more points for his team with his goals (10) than any other player in La Liga this season.
Mallorca v Real Madrid
- Mallorca have lost their last three league meetings with Real Madrid, they haven't lost four in a row against them since April 1988 in the top-flight.
- Real Madrid have won four and lost none of their last six trips to the island in La Liga.
- Four of Mallorca's five home wins over Real Madrid in the top-flight have been by the odd goal.
- Real Madrid have beaten Mallorca 14 times in La Liga (same as Barcelona) - no team has beaten them more.
- Tomer Hemed has participated in 70% of Mallorca's league goals this season, more than any other player in La Liga this term.
- The Israeli striker has scored the most headed goals in La Liga this season (three), while last season he netted his first headed goal in the league against Real Madrid.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 16 penalties since the start of last season, a high amongst Europe's top five leagues.
- Of keepers to have played more than one goal in La Liga this season, Dudu Aouate has the best save percentage (80.43%).
- Only Leo Messi (56) has scored more away goals than Cristiano Ronaldo (53) in La Liga since the Portugese winger joined the Spanish league.
Valladolid v Real Sociedad
- Valladolid have only won two of their last seven La Liga meetings with Real Sociedad (1D 4L).
- Valladolid have, however, won five of their last nine at home against Sociedad in the top-flight (2D 2L).
- Valladolid have won 19 different home games against the side from San Sebastian in La Liga history, only against Sevilla and Athletic Bilbao (20) have they won more.
- Djukic's side have only won one of their last six league games (1D 4L).
- Montanier's side have lost their last five away league games and haven't won away from the Anoeta since January.
- Mikel Balenziaga has committed more fouls without a card than any other player in La Liga this season (14).
- Imanol Aguirretxe is Real Sociedad's leading away scorer since their promotion to the top-flight, with six goals.