La Liga Opta Facts - 27 February - 2 March
Espanyol v Cordoba
- Cordoba have lost five successive league games for the first time in their top-flight history.
- The Andalusian side have conceded in each of their last six (D1 L5); their worst run in La Liga this term.
- Espanyol, on the other hand, have scored in six successive home league games for the first time within a single campaign since 2010/11.
- The last two top-flight meetings between these sides have ended level; this after the first 13 clashes had not produced a single draw.
- All eight of Cordoba's away league goals this season have arrived from inside the area.
- 55% of Espanyol's goals this term have come in the final 15 minutes of play; a league-high proportion.
- The Parakeets have scored in all but one home league game this season (W6 D3 L3), the exception coming against Deportivo La Coruna.
- Of all Spanish players across the top five European leagues this term, only Diego Costa (19) and Cesc Fabregas (17) have contributed to more goals than Sergio Garcia (15).
- Cordoba have had the fewest shots in La Liga this season (227, 9.5 per game).
Granada v Barcelona
- Barcelona have won three successive away league games for the first time since September 2013.
- The Catalan giants have scored 15 goals in these three games; an average of five per match.
- Defeat at home to Malaga last time out put an end to Barcelona's run of six successive league wins, however.
- Barcelona have managed eight clean sheets in 12 away league games this season; the same total they managed on the road in the entire 2013/14 campaign.
- The last league meeting between these sides at Los Carmenes ended in a 1-0 home win.
- Indeed that defeat is Barcelona's only loss in their last 28 trips to Andalusia; they have won 21 and drawn six in this run.
- This will be the first La Liga meeting between Luis Enrique and Abel Resino as managers. Curiously, Luis Enrique's goal finally put an end to Resino's record run for a goalkeeper without conceding back in 1991.
- Granada are the lowest home goalscorers in La Liga this term (6 goals).
- Babin is the only outfield player to have played every minute this season (2,160).
- Barcelona are the only La Liga side yet to concede in the final 15 minutes this season.
Rayo Vallecano v Levante
- Rayo Vallecano have lost more games than any other La Liga side this season (14).
- The side from Madrid are still searching for consecutive home league wins this term (W3 D1 L7 in Vallecas).
- Rayo have scored in each of their last six home league games against sides from the Comunidad Valenciana (W3 L3); their best run against sides from this area since debuting in the top-flight in 1977.
- Of the 32 previous La Liga clashes between Rayo and sides from Valencia in Vallecas, only three have ended level. The home side have won 13 with the away team winning 16.
- Rayo have scored in all three home La Liga meetings with Levante but have only won once (L2).
- Levante have lost their last four away league games, failing to score in their last three.
- Indeed los Granotas are without a win in nine on the road (D3 L6), their worst run since May 2013.
- Levante have conceded a joint-league-high 11 headed goals, a record they share with Cordoba.
- This game will see the side with the lowest share of possession this term (Levante 40.8%) face the side only beaten in this category by Barcelona and Real Madrid (Rayo 58.1%).
Almeria v Deportivo La Coruna
- Deportivo have scored a league-low six away goals this season.
- Almeria have only kept one clean sheet on home soil all season, in a 1-0 win over Getafe.
- Almeria's two clashes with Galician sides this season have both ended in identical results; 1-0 victories.
- In the four previous La Liga meetings between these sides in the Juegos Mediterraneos, no side has ever managed more than one goal.
- No side has seen their woodwork struck by the opposition more often than Almeria this term (14, level with Real Sociedad).
- On home soil, 78% of Almeria's goals this term have come in the first-half of the match; a league-high share.
- The two goalkeepers to have made the most saves per game (minimum nine games played) this season both play for Almeria: Julian (4.44) and Ruben Martinez (3.67).
- Only Aymeric Laporte (81) has made more interceptions than Luisinho (78), whilst Sebastian Dubarbier is joint-third in this ranking with Naldo (73).
- No side has had fewer shots on the road in La Liga this season than Deportivo (90).
Malaga v Getafe
- Getafe are without a clean sheet in 13 away league games (W3 D3 L7); their worst run since joining La Liga in 2004/05.
- Getafe are without a win in six away league games (D2 L4), their worst run since gameweek 29 of last season.
- The side from Madrid are without a win in seven trips to Andalusia in the league (D1 L6), scoring just once in total.
- Malaga are the only La Liga side yet to lose a point with a goal conceded in the second-half this season.
- Since taking over at Getafe, Quique Sanchez Flores has yet to record a draw in the league (W3 L4).
- Indeed, Sanchez Flores is just one victory away from equalling the number of wins achieved by Cosmin Contra this season (4) despite managing 10 games fewer than his predecessor.
- Of players to have played at least 150 minutes this season, Nordin Amrabat has been caught offside the most frequently (every 42 minutes on average).
- Malaga have scored the highest percentage of right-footed goals this season (65%) while, curiously, Getafe have scored the highest portion with the left foot (50%).
- Getafe, who won 2-1 against Espanyol last time out, are still to win successive league games this season.
Valencia v Real Sociedad
- Real Sociedad are the only La Liga side yet to win on the road this season (D6 L5).
- Of the 12 games they have played in the Mestalla this season, Valencia have scored exactly three times in eight of them.
- Indeed Valencia have won every home league game that they have scored in this season.
- Real Sociedad have won three consecutive league trips to the Mestalla; the best winning run by any Basque side away to Valencia in La Liga history.
- The side from San Sebastian have scored at least once in eight of their last nine league trips to the Mestalla.
- The last 10 clashes between these sides in the league in Valencia have seen 39 goals scored; an average of 3.9 goals per game.
- Otamendi (23) and Inigo Martinez (21) have made the most blocks in La Liga this season.
- Valencia are the only member of the current top five yet to have been beaten by Real Sociedad in La Liga this season; the Basques would become the first team to beat every member of the top five if they win this game.
- Real Sociedad are the only side yet to see a red card this season, while Valencia have seen a joint-high five (level with Malaga).
Eibar v Athletic
- Eibar have gone nine league games without keeping a clean sheet; their worst ever La Liga run (W2 D1 L6).
- On home soil, Eibar have gone 10 league games without a shutout; their only one to date came on the opening day of the season against Real Sociedad (1-0).
- Eibar have lost their last five league games; their worst La Liga run of defeats.
- None of the three Basque derbies to include Eibar this term has seen more than one goal scored.
- Athletic have not won a regional derby in La Liga since March 2012 (D3 L3).
- Eibar are the only La Liga side yet to hit the woodwork this season.
- Markel Susaeta has made more crosses than any other player this term (203); he also led this category last season (341).
- Xabi Irureta has made more saves than any other goalkeeper this term (83, one every 26 minutes on average).
- Athletic have lost possession of the ball 186 times per game on average, a league-high figure.
Sevilla v Atletico Madrid
- Sevilla are the only La Liga side yet to lose at home this season (W9 D3).
- Sevilla have shipped 13 goals in their last six league games (2.16 per game); this having conceded just once in the previous six.
- Antoine Griezmann has scored four braces in La Liga this term; a joint-high along with Messi and Ronaldo.
- Indeed only Messi (11) has scored more goals than Griezmann (8) since the start of 2015.
- No player has scored more penalties in the top five European leagues since the turn of the year than Mario Mandzukic (3).
- Sevilla have not beaten Atletico in the Primera since October 2010 (D4 L4), conceding 16 goals in these eight games.
- Carlos Bacca has scored 14 league goals this season; the same total he managed in the entire 2013/14 season.
- Unai Emery has met Diego Simeone five times as La Liga managers and has never managed a win (D2 L3).
- Sevilla have committed a league-high 406 fouls this term.
Real Madrid v Villarreal
- Villarreal have conceded eight goals in their last four away league games; an average of two per match.
- Isco has provided 19 assists in all competitions for Real Madrid; Ronaldo (6 goals) is the player to have benefited most from his set-up play.
- No Spaniard has assisted more goals this season in La Liga than Isco (8, level with Koke).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored a league-high five headed goals this term.
- Karim Benzema has scored at least once against every opponent he has faced in La Liga.
- Real Madrid have won a league-high nine penalties this term; they only won six in the entire 2013/14 campaign.
- Villarreal are the only La Liga side yet to concede a headed goal on the road this term.
- The Yellow Submarine have never won at the Santiago Bernabeu in La Liga, drawing three and losing 11 at the famous ground.
- The side from Castellon have conceded 40 goals in these 14 trips to the Bernabeu (2.9 goals per game), only managing one clean sheet there (August 2006, 0-0).
- Real Madrid are the only La Liga side yet to draw a game this term (W20 L4).
- Marcelino Garcia Toral's only win as a La Liga manager against Real Madrid (D1 L7) came at the Bernabeu (3-0 with Recreativo in December 2006).
Celta Vigo v Elche
- The Galician side have won consecutive home league games for the first time this season, keeping two clean sheets in the process.
- Los Celestes are unbeaten in four league games overall (W3 D1).
- The last three La Liga clashes between these sides have all ended 1-0.
- Celta have scored 72% of their goals in the second-half of games this term; a league-high share.
- Indeed the Galicians have also scored a league-high 96% of their goals from inside the box.
- Celta's strikers have contributed 88% of their goals this term; another league-high share.
- Elche, meanwhile, are the team to have benefited from the highest portion of goals from their defenders (29%) this season.
- 67% of Elche's goals have been either scored or assisted by Jonathas this season; the highest proportion by any La Liga player.
- Michael Krohn-Dehli has had more shots without scoring than any other player this term (30).
- Nolito has created a chance every 30.6 minutes on average; the most frequent of any player to have created at least 15 chances.