La Liga Opta Facts - 30 April-2 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria - Sevilla
- Almeria are on a run of five straight league defeats, three of them under new manager Roberto Olabe, scoring just two goals in total.
- Sevilla have lost every one of the seven league away matches in which they have failed to score away from home this season.
- In seven league meetings between these two sides, the team that has opened the scoring has always won (three for Almeria, four for Sevilla).
- Almeria and Sevilla are the two teams who have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of the second half of Liga BBVA matches this season (12).
- Sevilla are one of only three teams against whom Juanma Ortiz has scored more than once in La Liga.
- The hispalenses are unbeaten in the six league matches in which both Zokora and Rakitic have played this season (four wins).
- Rakitic has scored in three of the last four league matches in which Sevilla have found the net.
- Sevilla have scored the joint-most penalties in the league this season (10, along with Real Madrid).
- However Diego Alves has saved the most penalties in Liga BBVA this season (three).
- After Mateu Lahoz, the referee Rubinos Perez has shown the fewest yellow cards in the league this season (72).
Deportivo La Coruna - Atletico Madrid
- Deportivo La Coruna have only lost one of their last seven league games at home, drawing twice.
- The colchoneros have only lost one of their last 10 league games, winning five.
- Atletico have won seven of their last eight league meetings with Depor.
- However, in their last 13 league visits to Riazor, the Madrid side have managed only two wins and four draws.
- Depor have scored the fewest goals in Liga BBVA this season (27), including just nine in the first half.
- After finding the net against Levante, Kun Aguero is now one of only two players to have scored in six straight league appearances this season (along with Pedro).
- Diego Forlan was the last player to score in seven consecutive Liga BBVA games, in May 2009.
- Against Hercules, Deportivo set a new team record for failing to score in separate Liga BBVA matches this season (18).
- Depor have failed to score in all five league matches in which Ruben Perez has been absent this season.
- Sevilla are unbeaten after opening the scoring away from home in the league this season.
Espanyol - Athletic Bilbao
- Athletic have not won at Espanyol in the league since 1997/98, losing the last four.
- The Catalonians are on a run of five league games without a win, their poorest streak this season.
- Espanyol have won only three of the eight league matches they have played at home in Liga BBVA in 2011.
- The Basque side are unbeaten in their last three away matches in the league (two wins and a draw).
- Four of Espanyol's last five league goals have been scored by foreigners. The previous 15 had all been netted by Spaniards.
- Bilbao have won all five league matches in which Muniain has scored this season.
- Athletic have scored the most headed goals in the league this season (17).
- Espanyol are the only Liga BBVA side whose defenders are yet to score in the current campaign.
- Athletic Bilbao have scored the most league goals from crosses this season (20).
- Fernando Llorente has scored nine headed goals this season, the most by a player in a campaign since Raúl in 2000/01 (nine also).
Levante - Sporting Gijon
- Three of the last four goals scored from direct free kicks in Liga BBVA have been in games involving Levante (two scored, one conceded).
- Prior to their last game against Atletico, Levante had not been awarded a penalty since the first game of the season.
- Levante are unbeaten in their last seven at home in the league, winning six.
- Defeat in their last match at Atletico put an end to Levante's longest-ever unbeaten streak in the Spanish top flight (eight games).
- Sporting have lost just one of their last seven league games (0-3 at Sevilla).
- Sporting are unbeaten in eight league games at El Molinón, conceding just one goal on this run.
- The 1-1 draw at el Molinón in the first half of the season is the only previous encounter between the sides in the Spanish top flight.
- Sporting have already taken one point more than in the whole of last season (41).
- Sporting are on a run of four straight home wins for the first time in the Spanish top flight since 1995.
- Manuel Preciado's men are the only side yet to win after conceding the first goal in a Liga BBVA match this season.
- Sporting have won 10 of their 23 league games with top scorer Felipe Caicedo in the side, compared to just two of 10 without him.
- Sporting have kept five consecutive clean sheets in the league, their best run in the top flight since 1989.
Malaga - Hercules
- Hercules are the lowest-scoring side in the last 10 matchdays of Liga BBVA (six).
- Last time out, Tiago Gomes scored his first Liga BBVA goal. In Segunda last season he scored six.
- After the 2-1 win at Racing, Malaga have already picked up more points in the second half of the campaign (19) than in the first (17).
- Hercules' last 13 league away games have produced one draw, one win and 11 defeats.
- Malaga are unbeaten in their last three league games (two wins, one draw).
- Five of Malaga's 10 league wins this season have come in the last nine matchdays.
- Hercules are unbeaten against Malaga in the Spanish top flight (six wins, five draws).
- No side has lost more matches after opening the scoring at home in Liga BBVA this season than Malaga (three).
Osasuna - Valencia
- Osasuna have only won one of their last nine league meetings with Valencia (three draws).
- Valencia have scored three goals in each of their last three league meetings with the side from Pamplona.
- In 31 league meetings between the sides in Pamplona there have only been three goalless draws, all of them coming in the last nine seasons.
- Osasuna are on a run of four straight league defeats, their worst run since 2008.
- Osasuna have lost their last two league matches: before this they had only lost to Barcelona at home all season.
- Only Real Madrid (20 in nine games) have picked up more points on the road in 2011 than Valencia (19 in eight games).
- The last 10 league goals scored by Valencia have come in the second half of matches.
- Osasuna are, along with Espanyol, the team that has scored the fewest goals from outside the box (two) in Liga BBVA this season.
- Valencia have come from behind to claim the most points in La Liga this season (21).
- Between them, Nekounam and Kike Sola have scored five of Osasuna's last six league goals at home.
Racing Santander - Mallorca
- Racing have only won one of their last six league meetings with Mallorca, though this was at Mallorca earlier this season (1-0).
- Racing are without a win at home to Mallorca in the league since 2007/08.
- The last four league meetings between the two sides have seen just three goals in total.
- Racing's most common scoreline in the league this season is 1-1 (six times), while Mallorca's is 0-3 (five times).
- Racing have only taken one point from the last three matchdays, and have won just three of their last 11 at home in Liga BBVA.
- Despite this, under Marcelino Racing have won four of 11 league games, compared to five of 22 under their previous boss Miguel Angel Portugal.
- Mallorca have lost seven of their last 10 away games in Liga BBVA (one win).
- Racing have won 29% of their league games with Rosenberg in the side this season, but just 20% without him.
- Mallorca, along with Almeria, have scored the third-most headed goals in Liga BBVA this season (10), after the two Basque sides.
Real Madrid - Real Zaragoza
- Real Zaragoza have won none of the last 14 league meetings with Real Madrid. Their last win over the merengues came in November 2001.
- Real Madrid have won their last three league clashes with Zaragoza, scoring at least twice in each.
- Zaragoza are on a run of six consecutive league matches without a win on the road (five defeats).
- The manos have only scored once in their last five league away games.
- Real Madrid are without a win in their last two league games at home, having won the previous 14 this season.
- The merengues have not gone three home games without a win in the league since 2007.
- Zaragoza have only won one away game in the league this season, fewer than any other side.
- Real Madrid have won every league match in which they have taken the lead this season.
- Real Zaragoza have scored 32 league goals this season, less than half of Madrid's total (79).
- Jonas' goal in Real Madrid's last league game at Valencia was the first time they had conceded from outside the box this season.
Real Sociedad - Barcelona
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last four league visits to Anoeta (two wins, two draws).
- Real Sociedad are without a win at home to the Blaugrana in the league since December 2002.
- Barcelona have kept a clean sheet in their last eight league meetings with Real Sociedad.
- A clean sheet in this match would make Barcelona the first-ever side to keep nine consecutive shut-outs against the same opponent in Primera.
- The Basque side have only managed one win from their nine league games, taking just four points from 27 available.
- Barcelona have drawn two of their last three league away games.
- Real Sociedad have lost the most Liga BBVA matches after going ahead this season (six).
- Real Sociedad have conceded the most goals to direct free kicks this season (four).
- Five of Barcelona's last six league goals have been scored (four) or assisted (one) by Lionel Messi.
Villarreal - Getafe
- Villarreal have lost their last two league meetings with Getafe, both away from home.
- However the yellow submarine have managed five wins and a draw at home to the azulones in the top flight.
- Getafe have won only three of their 13 top-flight clashes with Villarreal.
- Villarreal have taken just 12 points from the last 36 available in Liga BBVA: only five teams have claimed fewer in this period.
- Villarreal have failed to score more than once in any of their last six league matches at home.
- Getafe have won just one of their last 11 league games (1-0 vs Sevilla).
- The azulones are without a win in their last eight league away games.
- Villarreal have managed 10 wins and three draws from the 15 league matches in which Giuseppe Rossi has found the net this season.
- Manu del Moral has scored five of Getafe's last eight league goals.