La Liga Opta Facts: 30 March - 1 April
Rayo Vallecano v Malaga
- Rayo have won all seven previous home meetings with Malaga in the top-flight.
- The side from Madrid are unbeaten in three home meetings with Andalusian sides in La Liga this season (W2 D1).
- Paco Jemez's side have won just one of their last five league games (D1 L3) but have won five of their last six in Vallecas (L1).
- Malaga are winless in four league games (D2 L2), they have not endured a worse run since January 2012 (six).
- Raul Tamudo, who scored the first goal of his return at the Camp Nou last weekend, scored seven home league goals last season; only Michu (10) netted more for Rayo.
- No goalkeeper has kept more clean sheets on the road this season than Willy Caballero (six).
- Rayo have averaged 57% possession in La Liga this term, a figure beaten only by Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao.
- Only Barcelona (635) and Real Madrid (342) have completed more short passes per game on average than Malaga (336) this term.
- Rayo are one of two teams (with Atletico) who are yet to lose a single point from a winning position at home this season.
Celta Vigo v Barcelona
- After winning three successive top-flight meetings with Barcelona at the Balaidos, Celta Vigo have lost their last two against them.
- The last time Celta beat Barcelona in the league was in 2003/04, a year the Galician side were relegated to the second tier.
- Barcelona have won five successive league games against Celta; they have never won six in a row against them in their league history.
- Celta have lost their last three league games; they have not lost four in a row all season.
- The Catalans have only won one of their last four away league games, losing twice in this run (2-3 in Anoeta and 1-2 in the Bernabeu).
- Lionel Messi has scored in 18 successive league games, though the last time he failed to net was against Celta in the reverse fixture.
- Celta will be without Iago Aspas for this game due to suspension; he has been directly involved in 59% of his team's goals this season, a league-high proportion with Leo Messi.
- Of all players to have scored more than five goals this season, David Villa has the best shot conversion rate (38%).
- Mario Bermejo, joint-second top scorer for Celta this season with Fernandez, has scored three of his four goals this season at the Balaidos and one at the Camp Nou against Barcelona.
- Barcelona substitutes have scored 10 goals this season, the most of all teams in La Liga.
- Lionel Messi is the only player to have completed over 100 dribbles in La Liga this season (108); Iniesta is second in this regard with just 57.
Zaragoza v Real Madrid
- Zaragoza have gone eight successive home league games against Real Madrid without a win (D4 L4), losing each of the last three.
- The Whites have averaged 3.7 goals per game over their last seven league meetings with los Manos.
- The 6-0 victory recorded by Real Madrid at La Romareda last season is their heaviest victory on the road under Mourinho.
- Zaragoza are winless in seven home league games (D3 L4), they have never gone eight in a row within a single top-flight campaign.
- Jose Mourinho's side have won six successive league games, their best run of the season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored four of his six La Liga goals against Zaragoza at La Romareda.
- Manolo Jimenez's side have gone 328 minutes without a league goal; Helder Postiga scored their last one back in February.
- Raul Gonzalez scored his last league goal for Real Madrid at La Romareda thanks to an assist from his successor to the number seven shirt, Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Zaragoza have scored a league-low five goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season, while Real Madrid have conceded a joint-low four in this period.
- The Whites have shipped a league-high 22% of their goals to corner situations this season.
- Los Manos are the only team in La Liga for whom a substitute has not scored a goal this term.
- While Real Madrid have scored a league-high eight goals on the counter attack this season, Zaragoza have netted just once via a fast break all campaign.
Levante v Sevilla
- After eight successive defeats against Sevilla in La Primera, Levante have gone three in a row without defeat against them (1W 2D).
- Los Granotas have the opportunity to record two consecutive home wins against Sevilla for the first time in their top-flight history after their win in this fixture last season.
- Sevilla have won four of their last five trips to the Ciutat de Valencia in La Liga, though they lost the other one last season (1-0).
- Levante have drawn three successive league games; they have never drawn four in a row in the top-flight.
- The Andalusian side have won just once away from home all season; they last time they recorded fewer in a single campaign, they were relegated (none in 1999/00).
- Robert Acquafresca scored his first league goal in Spain against Granada last time out in his first appearance as a substitute (he had started his first two).
- Alvaro Negredo has equalled Michu as the top scoring Spaniard in any of the top five European leagues this season (15 goals).
- Levante have gained a league-high 12 points from losing positions on home soil this season.
- Jesus Navas is the only player in Europe's top five leagues to have had over 50 shots without scoring this term (59 including blocks).
Real Valladolid v Osasuna
- After going 10 games without a win against Osasuna in the top-flight, Valladolid won the reverse fixture this season (1-0).
- Valladolid are winless in five home games against the Reds in La Liga, however (D3 L2).
- Two of the last three top-flight meetings between these two sides in the Jose Zorilla have ended goalless.
- Valladolid have only won one of their last eight league games (D4 L3) and that was away from home (2-1 in Vallecas).
- Osasuna have lost three successive league games; they last lost four in a row in April 2011.
- Valladolid have won just one of 14 league games without Patrick Ebert this season (6D 6L). Their win percentage with him in the team is 53% this season, and it drops to 8% when he is missing.
- Mendilibar's side have the worst shot conversion rate in La Liga this season (8.16%).
- Oscar has directly contributed to 40% of Real Valladolid's goals this season, but he has not scored since their last home win (2-0 v Zaragoza in January).
- Osasuna are the only team in La Liga who are yet to claim a single point having conceded the first goal this season.
Mallorca v Deportivo
- Mallorca have only lost one of their last seven home clashes with Depor in La Liga (2W 4D).
- The Islanders have conceded just one goal in their last five home top-flight meetings with Deportivo combined.
- Deportivo have won two successive league games against Mallorca; they have never won three in a row against them in the top-flight.
- Mallorca have won two of their last three league games (1L), scoring exactly twice in all three outings.
- After three defeats and a draw, Fernando Vazquez recorded his first win as Deportivo manager in the Galician derby last weekend (3-1).
- Alejandro Alfaro has scored the same number of goals as Leo Messi in March 2013 (four); only Negredo has more (five).
- Only Valencia (12) have scored more headed goals than Mallorca this season (11).
- Juan Carlos Valeron has made six assists this season; his best total in a La Liga season since 2004/05.
- Mallorca have conceded a league-high 11 goals from outside the area.
Espanyol v Real Sociedad
- Espanyol have only lost one of their last 11 clashes with Real Sociedad in the top-flight (W6 D4) and that was in San Sebastian (1-0 in 2010).
- The Basque side are without a win in six trips to Espanyol in La Liga (3L), though they have drawn three of these games.
- Javier Aguirre is unbeaten in La Liga on home soil as Espanyol manager, winning five and drawing two of seven games.
- Real Sociedad are unbeaten in 10 league games (6W 4D), their best top-flight run without defeat since the season they finished second (19 in 2002/03).
- Sergio Garcia has scored five goals this season, all of which have come with Javier Aguirre at the helm.
- Only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have participated in more goals than Carlos Vela in 2013 (five goals, five assists).
- Philippe Montanier is looking to become the first manager in Real Sociedad's top-flight history to record four successive away wins.
- Victor Sanchez has been booked in six of his last eight league appearances.
- Espanyol have conceded the most fouls in La Liga this season (484), while Real Sociedad have conceded the second-fewest (323).
Atletico Madrid v Valencia
- Atletico Madrid have accumulated five successive games against Valencia without winning in the league (D2 L3), their worst run since promotion in 2002/03.
- Valencia have only lost three of their last seven trips to the Calderon in La Liga (2W 2D).
- Valencia are one of four teams who Atleti have not beaten in La Liga under Diego Simeone, together with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Mallorca (minimum two games).
- Atletico have not lost two successive home games since February 2011, when they lost against Valencia (1-2).
- Ernesto Valverde's side have lost only one of their last eight league games (4W 3D), though this was in their last away game (0-1 in the San Mames).
- Diego Costa has participated in more goals than any other Atleti player in the year 2013 (four goals, one assist).
- Atletico have conceded the joint-fewest headed goals in La Liga this season (two, level with Barcelona) while Valencia have scored the most (12).
- Diego Simeone's side have scored the most goals from set pieces this season (25) and conceded the fewest (four).
Athletic v Granada
- After their 2-1 win in the reverse fixture, Athletic have the opportunity to record consecutive top-flight wins over Granada for the first time since 1970.
- The Lions have won 15 of their 18 previous Liga meetings with Granada in the San Mames.
- Granada have only ever won twice at the Cathedral in La Liga, both by a 1-0 scoreline (1972/73 and last season).
- Marcelo Bielsa's side have not won two successive home league games this season.
- Granada have gone five games without a win in the league (3L) though they have drawn their last two.
- Athletic have only taken one penalty in the league all season, and that was scored by Aduriz in the reverse clash against Granada.
- Guillherme Siqueira is the top scorer for Granada since their promotion but nine of his 11 goals have been from the penalty spot.
- Athletic have conceded a league-high 26 goals from set pieces this season.
- Granada are the only team yet to lose a point from a winning position on the road this season (four games in front, four wins).
Real Betis v Getafe
- Betis have only won one of their last six league meetings with Getafe (L1), though they have drawn four of those games.
- The Blues have only won one of their six visits to Heliopolis in La Liga (D3 L2): 0-2 in May 2007.
- Getafe have netted exactly twice in four of their six visits to Sevilla to face Real Betis in La Liga.
- Betis have won their last two home league games; they have not won three in a row since their promotion.
- Luis Garcia's side are unbeaten in five league games (4W 1D), they have not gone six without defeat since January last year.
- With his goal against Osasuna, Ruben Castro overtook Joaquin as the top scoring Spaniard for Real Betis in this century.
- Only Barcelona (38) have scored more goals via Spanish players than Getafe (34) in La Liga this season.
- Betis are the only team in La Liga who are yet to lose a point following a goal conceded in the final 10 minutes this season.
- Borja, who scored the winner in the victory over Athletic last time out, has been booked in four of the last five La Liga gameweeks.