La Liga Opta Facts - 5-6 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almería v Espanyol
- Almería have failed to score in their last four league meetings with Espanyol, losing each time.
- José Luis Oltra´s men ended a run of nine home games without a win in the league this season in their last match at the Estádio del Mediterráneo.
- Almería have not kept a clean sheet in the league since September.
- Espanyol have won their last two league games on the road.
- José Leonardo Ulloa has scored eight goals in just six starts at the Estádio del Mediterráneo in all competitions.
- Only Pedro (six goals, one assist) has been involved in more Liga BBVA goals in 2011 than Luis Garcia (two goals, four assists).
Athletic Bilbao v Sporting de Gijón
- Athletic Bilbao are without a win in their last four league meetings with the rojiblancos.
- Despite this, the Basque side have lost only one of their last 17 clashes with Sporting.
- Athletic Bilbao have lost only one of their last seven league games and have won the last three in a row.
- Los leones have not won four league games in a row since December 1997.
- Sporting Gijón are also on a run of three straight league wins: the last time they won four in a row was in November 2008.
- Diego Castro has scored in Sporting´s last three league away games.
- Athletic Bilbao have only failed to score in one league match this season.
Getafe v Deportivo la Coruña
- Getafe have managed only one win in their last eight league meetings with Depor.
- Deportivo have lost just one of their six top-flight matches at the Coliseum.
- Getafe have taken only one point from the last 15 available in the league.
- This includes three consecutive defeats at home in the league, in which they have conceded a total of 10 goals.
- Depor have failed to score in five of their last six league away games.
- Against Sevilla, Deportivo netted three goals from open play: they had only scored four in the entire season before this.
- Deportivo are the only side in Liga BBVA yet to concede a goal to a penalty this season.
Osasuna v Mallorca
- Mallorca have won their last three top-flight meetings with Osasuna.
- Last season, the islanders managed their first-ever win at Osasuna in the top-flight, on their 18th attempt.
- The victory over Real Madrid ended a run of eight consecutive league games without a win for los rojillos.
- Osasuna have kept six clean sheets in their last seven league games at home.
- Only Real Madrid and Barcelona have kept more clean sheets in the league this season than Osasuna (eight).
- Mallorca are on a run of four straight defeats away from home in the league, scoring only once in this run.
- Osasuna have opened the scoring in only five league matches this season.
- Los Rojillos have dropped only two points from winning positions in the league this season.
Real Zaragoza v Racing
- Real Zaragoza are unbeaten in their last 10 league matches at home to Racing.
- However the last four games between the sides at La Romareda have ended in a draw.
- Real Zaragoza have won four of their last five league matches, rising from 20th to 15th in the competition.
- This includes a run of three wins at la Romareda: they haven´t won four in a row there since October 2007.
- Racing are without a win in six league games, though they have drawn four of these.
- Giovani dos Santos has failed to score in his last 26 appearances at club level.
- Los montañeses are yet to score in open play in the league in 2011 (one goal from a corner, two from free kicks).
Villarreal v Levante
- Villarreal have never lost to Levante in the Spanish top flight, winning six of their seven encounters.
- The Yellow Submarine has only ever lost two games (of 15) at home to other sides from the Comunitat Valenciana in the Spanish top flight.
- Aside from Real Madrid and Barcelona, Villarreal are the first side to take at least 31 points from their first 11 matches of a season at home since Compostela in 1995/96. They won just two of their remaining 10.
- A win in their last league match ended a run of five straight league defeats for Levante.
- Levante´s top scorer (Felipe Caicedo - 8) has netted only one goal away from home this season (at Sporting Gijón).
- Los granotas have taken only one point from the last 21 available on the road.
- Giuseppe Rossi´s last three league goals have been set up by Santiago Cazorla.
Barcelona v Atlético Madrid
- Atlético Madrid have beaten Barcelona on more occasions in the last seven seasons than any other side in the Spanish league (six).
- No side has scored more goals at Barcelona´s ground in the Spanish top flight than the colchoneros (96).
- However the Blaugrana have won their last three league matches at home to Atlético, netting 14 goals in the process.
- The last six league meetings between the sides have averaged 5.5 goals per game.
- Lionel Messi has scored eight goals in eight league appearances against Atlético.
- Sergio Agüero has scored five goals in his last six league appearances against Barcelona.
- A win in this match would see Barcelona set a new record for consecutive wins in the Spanish top flight (16).
- Atlético have lost six of their last eight away matches in Liga BBVA.
- The Blaugrana have scored 67 league goals this season, at least 13 more than any other side in Europe´s top five leagues (Man Utd, 54).
Sevilla v Málaga
- Sevilla have lost just one of their last seven top flight clashes with Málaga.
- However at home, they have won only one of their last eight meetings in the top flight, failing to score in six.
- Málaga have won none of their last 11 league matches against other sides from Andalucía.
- After losing five straight league matches, Sevilla have won three and drawn one of their last five.
- Málaga have lost seven of their last eight away matches in the league.
- Six of Málaga´s eight league goals in 2011 have come from set pieces.
- Los boquerones have both scored (six) and conceded (six) the most goals from indirect free kicks this season.
Real Madrid v Real Sociedad
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in seven league meetings with Real Sociedad, wining five.
- However they have won only two of their last five league games at home to the Txuri-urdin.
- Los merengues´ last three league matches have produced only four goals in total.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has failed to score in his last three league appearances. He has not gone four in a row without scoring since January 2009 with Manchester United.
- On each of the last three occasions that Real Madrid have won their opening 11 league games at home, they have failed to win their 12th (1990, 2004, 2008).
- Real Sociedad have not drawn in the league since their second game of the season.
- José Mourinho´s side is the only team not to have conceded a goal from outside the box in Liga BBVA this season.
- Just two of Real Madrid´s goals in the league this season have been scored by Spaniards, fewer than any other side´s.
Valencia v Hércules
- Valencia have won their last four league matches at home to Hércules.
- Hércules have only ever won one of their 19 trips to Valencia in the Spanish top flight.
- Los Che have won only one of their last five league games at home to other sides from the Comunitat Valenciana.
- Hércules have failed to score in their last seven league games away from home.
- In their last eight league games, they have either failed to score (six times) or scored four times (twice).
- Valencia´s five-match league winning streak came to an end in their last match: a 1-1 draw at Racing.
- Unai Emery´s men have scored in the last 15 minutes of each of their last six league games.
- No side has scored fewer second-half goals than Hércules this season (nine).