La Liga Opta Facts 6-8 December
Elche v Atletico Madrid
- Elche have only won one of their last 11 top-flight meetings with Atletico Madrid (D1 L9); 1-0 in 1985.
- The Red-and-Whites have won their last four Primera meetings with los Illicitanos, keeping a clean sheet in the last two.
- Atletico are one of three sides that Elche have not scored against since returning to La Liga, along with Barcelona and Eibar.
- Elche have only won one of their last eight league games at the Martinez Valero (D4 L3); 2-1 against Espanyol on MD10 of this season.
- Atletico have won five and lost one of their last six La Liga games, though that defeat did come on their last away trip (2-1 at Real Sociedad).
- Los Rojiblancos have scored a league-high 18 set piece goals this term, while Elche have conceded the most in this way (11).
- Jonathas has scored 50% of Elche's league goals this season; a La Liga-high proportion.
- Atletico have scored a higher proportion of goals through headers than any other La Liga side this campaign (60%).
- Elche have conceded a league-high five penalties.
Athletic v Cordoba
- Athletic have won their last three league meetings with Cordoba, scoring nine and conceding none.
- Indeed the Basque side have won all eight previous home league meetings with Cordoba, keeping six clean sheets in the process.
- Athletic are unbeaten in six league games (W4 D2); they have not gone longer unbeaten since November 2011 (eight).
- Cordoba are the only side in the top five European leagues yet to secure a victory this term.
- The Lions have scored five goals in their last two league games; just two fewer than they managed in their first 11 this season (seven).
- Cordoba could become only the fifth team in La Liga history to get to 14 games without a single win; the previous four were all relegated.
- Athletic are the only La Liga side yet to claim a single point from a losing position this season.
- Cordoba have netted a league-high 80% of their goals in the second-half this term.
- Only Los Carmenes (9) has seen fewer goals than the San Mames (11) in La Liga in 2014/15.
Real Madrid v Celta Vigo
- Real Madrid have won their last 17 games in all competitions; the best run in their entire history.
- The side from the capital have won four of their last five league meetings with Celta, though they did lose the last meeting at the Balaidos last term 2-0.
- Celta Vigo have claimed at least a point in four of their last seven trips to the Bernabeu (W2 D2).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored five of Real Madrid's last six league goals against Celta Vigo.
- Charles has gone 10 league games without a goal; his last two coming against Real Madrid in May.
- Celta have failed to score in three successive league games; the last time they went four or more without a goal in La Liga was in 1995 (five).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in his last 16 home league games (27 goals in total); he last failed to net back in September 2013 against Atletico.
- Karim Benzema has scored in his last six league appearances; his best record in Spain.
- Joaquin Larrivey has gone three games without a goal for the first time in his short career with Celta Vigo.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has made seven assists in his last four league games, setting up at least one goal in four successive games for the first time with Real Madrid.
Deportivo v Malaga
- Deportivo have won 10 and lost none of their 11 home games against Malaga in La Liga (D1).
- Malaga have only scored once in their last eight trips to the Riazor in La Liga (Duda in 2006).
- Deportivo have gone three league games without scoring; Helder Postiga got their last goal, back in October against Getafe.
- Malaga have not lost three consecutive league games since October 2013.
- Only in 1964/65 (9) have Deportivo had fewer than 10 points after 13 games of a La Liga campaign (always assuming three points for a win).
- Javi Gracia's side have lost three of their four league games this season without Nordin Amrabat.
- Deportivo are one of only two sides (with Athletic) yet to claim a single point having conceded the first goal of the game this term.
- Malaga are the only side yet to have lost a point this season with a goal conceded in the second-half of the game.
- Victor Fernandez's side have conceded a league-high five goals from outside the area.
Rayo Vallecano v Sevilla
- Rayo Vallecano have only won one of their six meetings with Sevilla since returning to the top-flight (D1 L4) and that was the first one (2-1 in 2012).
- Sevilla have won their last three against Rayo; they have never won four in a row against them in La Liga.
- Unai Emery has won all five meetings with Rayo Vallecano as a La Liga manager.
- Rayo have had fewer scorers than any other side in the Spanish top-flight this season (four, Baptistao, Bueno, Kakuta, Manucho).
- Sevilla have not lost three consecutive away league games since March 2013 (four).
- Carlos Bacca has scored the first goal of the game on five occasions already this season; a joint-high alongside Aduriz.
- Rayo have kept two consecutive clean sheets in La Liga; they have never kept three in a row in the top-flight.
- Sevilla have conceded a league-high 24% of their goals this season from indirect free kick situations.
- If only away games counted, Rayo Vallecano would be sixth in the La Liga table, just eight points behind leaders Real Madrid.
Barcelona v Espanyol
- Barcelona have won their last five derbies against Espanyol in La Liga without conceding a single goal.
- Espanyol have not scored against Barca in a derby at the Camp Nou since Ivan De la Pena's brace back in 2009.
- Indeed Espanyol's run of five away league games against Barcelona without scoring is their longest ever drought in this fixture.
- Only against Rayo Vallecano (six) has Pedro scored more league goals than he has against Espanyol (five).
- Barcelona have won more games against Espanyol than any other side in their league history (91).
- Espanyol are one of only three teams yet to win away from home in La Liga this term, along with Cordoba and Real Sociedad.
- Sergio Busquets is the only Barcelona player to have scored from a corner situation this season; Carles Puyol was the last player to do so, against Almeria in March.
- Luis Enrique's side have earned a league-high 11 points with goals scored in the second-half this term.
- Christian Stuani and Neymar are two of the three players to have scored three goals as a sub this season; no player has more.
- Barcelona have only conceded six times in 13 league games this season; their best record at this stage since 1986/87 (also six).
Villarreal v Real Sociedad
- Villarreal have only won four of their 11 home meetings with Real Sociedad in the Primera (D4 L3).
- The Yellow Submarine have the opportunity to win three successive La Liga games against Real Sociedad for the first time.
- Giovani dos Santos has participated in six of Villarreal's last seven league goals against Real Sociedad (three goals and three assists).
- Real Sociedad have taken seven points from their last three league games; one more than they had managed over the rest of the season under Jagoba Arrasate (six).
- Koke (eight) is the only midfielder with more assists to his name than Denis Cheryshev (six) this term.
- Carlos Vela has participated directly in six of Real Sociedad's last seven league goals (four goals, two assists).
- Ikechukwu Uche has scored more goals against Real Sociedad than any other side in his La Liga career (five).
- Real Sociedad have gained a league-high eight points from losing positions this season.
Granada v Valencia
- Granada have lost their last seven meetings with Valencia in the top-flight; their last win coming back in 1975 (2-1).
- Valencia are the only team to have won all of their visits to Los Carmenes (three) since Granada returned to the top-flight.
- If they don't win this game, Granada will set their longest winless run since returning to La Liga (10, currently nine).
- Granada have gone five league games without scoring at home in the league; their longest ever top-flight drought.
- Valencia have only won two of their last six league games (D1 L3) and are without a win in three.
- Joaquin Caparros's side have scored fewer home goals than any other side in the top five European leagues this term (two).
- Shkodran Mustafi is the only Valencia player to have scored more than once away from home all season; both his goals came in one game at Villarreal.
- Granada have conceded a league-high eight goals in the final 15 minutes of games.
- Valencia have only conceded goals to players of four different nationalities this season; a league-low spread.
Eibar v Almeria
- This will be the first top-flight meeting between Eibar and Almeria.
- Eibar have won three of their last four home league meetings with Almeria, however (L1).
- Los Armeros have the opportunity to win consecutive top-flight league games for the first time in their history.
- Almeria have only scored two goals in their last six league games combined.
- Mikel Arruabarrena has participated in more goals than any other Eibar player in La Liga this season (four goals and two assists).
- Almeria are one of team teams (along with Barcelona) to have conceded a joint-high 67% of their goals in the second-half this season.
- Eibar and Barcelona are the only two sides not to concede to an opposition substitute this season.
- Almeria are the only team in the top-flight yet to either score or concede from outside the box this term.
- Eibar have scored 64% of their goals before the break; a league-high share.
Levante v Getafe
- Levante have only won one of their last six league meetings with Getafe (D3 L2); 1-0 in 2012.
- The last two clashes between these sides at the Ciutat de Valencia have both ended 0-0.
- Los Granotas have failed to score in their last three league meetings with the Blues (D2 L1); Michel Herrero, the current Getafe player, netted the last one.
- Getafe have been reduced to 10 men in three of their last four trips to Levante.
- Levante have the worst goal difference in La Liga this season (-18).
- Getafe have conceded at least once in 11 of their 12 away league games under Cosmin Contra (W4 D2 L6); their only clean sheet in this run came at Levante last season.
- Levante are the only side (excluding Athletic Club) for whom every goal this season has been scored by a Spanish player.
- Cosmin Contra's side are the only side yet to score from a set piece this term.
- Three of Getafe's four league wins this season have come when Yoda has been in the starting eleven.