La Liga Opta Facts - 7-8 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao - Levante
- Levante have never won on five trips to Athletic in the top flight (two draws, three defeats).
- The Valencians have scored just twice on these five visits.
- Ahtletic have won only two of their last five league games at home (three defeats).
- Levante have only lost one of their last four league away games.
- Five of Levante's last seven goals in Liga BBVA have come in the first half.
- Athletic have scored the most headed goals in the league this season (17).
- The Basque side have also scored the most goals from crosses (20).
- Only Barcelona and Real Madrid have picked up more points than Levante in the second half of the season (28).
- Fernando Llorente has netted nine headed goals this season, the most by a player in the Spanish top flight since Raúl in 2000/01.
- Levante have won over twice as many league games with Caicedo playing (43%) as without him (20%).
- Fernando Llorente has not scored at San Mamés since the end of February.
Atletico Madrid - Malaga
- In 55 top-flight meetings between the sides, Atletico have won 30 times, vs 10 for Malaga and 15 draws.
- Malaga have managed just two wins in their 27 trips to the Vicente Calderon in Primera, one of them coming last season (2-0).
- Atletico are unbeaten in five league games, and have won four. They have not gone unbeaten in six straight league games this term.
- Quique Sanchez Flores' men have lost just one of their last 11 league games. Taking 22 points from the 33 available.
- The colchoneros have scored in their last 12 Liga BBVA matches.
- With 17 goals, Sergio Aguero is Atletico's top league scorer this season. The Argentine is currently the only player to have scored in seven straight league appearances this season.
- Pellegrini's men are on their best run of the season in the league: three straight wins.
- Julio Baptista has scored five of Malaga's eight goals in this streak.
- Malaga have lost just one of their last seven league games, taking 16 points from 21 and rising from 20th to 15th as a result.
Barcelona - Espanyol
- The last six league meetings between Barcelona and Espanyol at the Camp Nou have seen only two home wins, with one away win and three draws.
- Barcelona have won three of their last five meetings with Espanyol in the top flight.
- Espanyol are on a run of six league games without a win on the road, failing to score in the last five.
- Leo Messi has scored in five of Barcelona's last seven league games at home.
- Barcelona have scored over twice as many goals as Espanyol (89-42) in the league this season.
- Guardiola's men have scored the most goals from outside the area in La Liga this season (14), while their opponents today have scored the fewest (two).
- Barcelona have opened the scoring in 30 league games this season, more than any other side.
- Barcelona are unbeaten with Carlos Puyol on the pitch in the league this season.
- There have been three red cards in the last five league meetings between these sides.
- Just three teams (Almeria, Hercules and Getafe) have picked up fewer points in the second half of the season than Espanyol (14).
Getafe - Almeria
- Getafe have taken just 11 points from their last 10 league games at home.
- The Madrid side are in the relegation zone for the first time this season. After matchday 18 they were 14 points clear of the bottom three.
- Almeria have been in the bottom three since the first matchday of 2011.
- Failure to win this game would see the Andalucians relegated to Segunda.
- Michel's men have lost five of their last six league games.
- Getafe are the poorest team in the second half of the season, taking just 10 points from 15 games.
- Manu del Moral has bagged five of Getafe's last nine league goals.
- Almeria have conceded the second-most goals in Liga BBVA this season (59), while Getafe are fourth in this (55).
- Getafe are unbeaten in three top flight games at home to Almeria, drawing two.
- Almeria have only won one league match after going behind this season.
- Getafe are yet to record a win in the league this season after conceding the first goal at the Coliseum.
Hercules - Racing Santander
- Hercules have won 12 of their 23 meetings with Racing in the top flight.
- Only against Valencia (14) have the Herculanos managed more top flight wins than Racing.
- Racing have managed just two wins in 11 top flight trips to Hercules' ground, though one of them was on their last visit in 1996 (1-0).
- The meeting earlier this season was the first-ever goalless draw between the sides in La Liga.
- Hercules have taken just seven points from the last 27 available.
- Miroslav Djukic's five league games as Hercules' manager have seen them win two, lose two and draw one.
- Rosenburg has scored in Hercules' last two league matches, though is yet to score in three in a row this season.
- Marcelino's men have lost the most points thanks to goals conceded in the last 10 minutes of league matches this season (six).
- Racing have scored the highest proportion of their goals from outside the area in Liga BBVA this season (26%).
- Racing have managed to claw back just four points after conceding first in the league this season, a joint-low with Espanyol and Osasuna.
Mallorca - Villarreal
- Villarreal have managed just one win in their last six away games in the league.
- Mallorca have not had two consecutive results of the same type in the league in any of their last 10 games.
- Mallorca have won just one of their last 14 league meetings with the Yellow Submarine, losing nine.
- Last season Mallorca ended a run of eight meetings without a win at home against Villarreal in La Liga.
- Paradas Romero has been referee for two league meetings between Mallorca and Villarreal, with one win for the islanders and one draw.
- The only game that Aouate previously missed this season in the league saw Mallorca beat Osasuna 2-0.
- The islanders are the lowest-scoring team in the last 15 minutes of Liga BBVA matches this season (five goals).
- Since recovering from injury, Nilmar has played in 12 league matches, but scored just once.
- Mallorca have made the fewest substitutions in La Liga this season (84), nine fewer than Atletico and Villarreal.
Real Zaragoza - Osasuna
- Real Zaragoza are without a win in their last four league meetings with Osasuna (one draw, three defeats).
- The manos have failed to score in all four of these games.
- At home however Zaragoza have won four of their last six games against the side from Pamplona.
- Zaragoza have won three of their last four league games.
- Osasuna have only won one of their last five games in La Liga, losing their last two away games.
- Zaragoza have lost the most games at home after conceding first this season in Liga BBVA (six).
- The manos' midfielders have scored 24 league goals this season, more than any other side's in Primera.
- Javier Aguirre's men have received the most red cards in Liga BBVA this season (nine).
- Zaragoza have won their last four league games at home, and seven of the last nine.
- Prior to this run, they had won just seven of their last 26 at la Romareda.
Sevilla - Real Madrid
- Sevilla are unbeaten at home in the second half of the season (five wins and two draws).
- Real Madrid are on a run of six games unbeaten on the road in the league, winning five.
- These two sides have taken the most penalties in the league this season (23 between them) and scored the most (10 each).
- Sevilla and Real Madrid have not drawn in the league since 2005, when a draw saw the merengues condemned to second place, as it could this time.
- The whites have won on just one of their last seven league trips to Sevilla, losing five.
- In the last seven seasons, Real Madrid have conceded an average of 2.6 goals per league game at the Sanchez Pizjuan.
- Real Madrid have won all four league games in which at least one of Di María or Carvalho has been absent this season.
- Karim Benzema has scored in six of his last seven league appearances (nine goals).
- 16 of Sevilla's last 20 goals at home against Real Madrid in Liga BBVA have come in the first half, 12 in the first 35 minutes.
- Sevilla and Real Madrid have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of the first half in Liga BBVA this season (12, level with Barcelona).
- Iker Casillas has conceded an average of 2.38 goals per game at the Sanchez Pizjuan in the league, more than at any other stadium.
Sporting Gijon - Deportivo La Coruna
- Deportivo have won just one of their last six league encounters with Sporting at El Molinon.
- Sporting have won three of their last five top flight clashes with Depor, drawing the other two.
- Preciado's men are unbeaten at home in the league since defeat to Malaga on the 2nd January, bagging six wins and two draws since.
- The Galicians have failed to score in seven of their last 10 league games.
- Sporting are on a run of five league games without shipping a goal at home in the league, their best run in the top flight since 1989.
- Sporting have scored the fewest left-footed goals in Liga BBVA this season (three).
- Depor have scored the fewest goals in the competition in 2010/11 (27), as well as the fewest in the first half (nine).
- Deportivo are the only side in Liga BBVA yet to concede a goal from a penalty this season.
- Miguel de las Cuevas has scored four of Sporting's last eight league goals, having scored just once before this run.
- Sporting remain the only side yet to win in Liga BBVA after conceding first this season.
Valencia - Real Sociedad
- Real Sociedad have won just one of their last 22 league meetings with Valencia (2-0 in 2001/02).
- The Donostierras have won only two of their last 15 league matches at Valencia, both by a score of 1-0.
- The last meeting between the sides at Valencia ended 3-3 and saw the txuri-urdin relegated for the first time in 40 seasons.
- Emery's men have lost three of their last four league games at home.
- Lasarte's men are on a run of seven straight league defeats away from home: no side has lost eight in a row in the competition this season.
- Real Sociedad are the third poorest-side on the road in Liga BBVA this season (three wins and a draw) and have shipped 39 goals (the most).
- Valencia have scored the highest proportion of their goals in the last 15 minutes of league games this season, while Real Sociedad have conceded the most in this period (17).
- The Blanquiazules have conceded the most goals from direct free kicks this season (four), all of them coming from left-footed players.
- Real Sociedad have lost the most matches after scoring first in the league this season (six), while Valencia have won the most after conceding first (six).