La Liga Opta Facts - 7-9 November
Cordoba v Deportivo La Coruna
- Cordoba are the only team still waiting for their first La Liga victory this season.
- Since the start of the season, Cordoba have alternated between a draw and a defeat on home soil this term. They drew their last game at the Nuevo Arcangel.
- Deportivo's only previous away win this season came against another newly-promoted side, Eibar.
- The Galician side have not won a top-flight game in Andalusia since 2009, when they won 1-0 at Xerez.
- Deportivo have won three of their last four league meetings with Cordoba, with all three coming in the Liga Adelante (L1).
- Miroslav Djukic has not lost any of his three meetings with former club Deportivo as a top-flight manager (W2 D1).
- Fede Cartabia has assisted 38% of his team's goals this season; a league-high proportion.
- 63% of Cordoba's league goals this term have come in the final 15 minutes of games; a league-high figure.
- Helder Postiga is one of only two players to have scored for three different teams in the last three La Liga seasons (the other is Ruben Rochina).
Almeria v Barcelona
- Almeria are without a win in six home league games, drawing four and losing two.
- Barcelona have won eight and lost none of their 10 league meetings with Almeria (D2).
- The Catalan side have scored at least twice on all five trips to the Juegos del Mediterraneo in La Liga.
- Barcelona have not lost three consecutive league games since February 2003.
- Leo Messi has scored 10 goals in nine league meetings with Almeria.
- Barcelona are one of two sides, along with Getafe, yet to score a set piece goal this term.
- Barca recorded their joint-biggest ever away league win when they won 8-0 in Almeria in 2010 (they also won 8-0 in Las Palmas in 1959).
- Almeria have lost a league-high four points from winning positions in front of their own fans this season.
- Neymar has scored nine La Liga goals this season; the same total he managed in the entire 2013/14 campaign with Barcelona.
- Lionel Messi has scored more goals than any other away player at the Juegos del Mediterraneo in La Liga history (six).
Getafe v Elche
- Getafe failed to win either of their two La Liga meetings with Elche last season (D1 L1).
- The team from the south of Madrid have won four of their last seven home league games (D2 L1), all four ending 1-0.
- Elche have not won successive league games since a run of three back in October 2013.
- Of Elche's four trips to the capital last season, the only one they avoided defeat in was a 1-1 draw at Getafe.
- Karim Yoda has scored three of Getafe's last four league goals, with all three coming away from home.
- Only Aritz Aduriz (71%) has participated in a higher proportion of his team's goals than Jonathas (70%) this season.
- Angel Lafita has scored more goals than any Getafe player under Cosmin Contra in La Liga (five).
- Elche have conceded a league-high seven headed goals this season, though Getafe are one of only two teams yet to score one (with Levante).
- No side has earned more points from goals scored in the final five minutes of games than Getafe this season (four).
Real Madrid v Rayo Vallecano
- Real Madrid have won their last 12 league meetings with Rayo Vallecano.
- The Whites have scored 37 goals in 10 games this season; their joint-best ever record at this stage of a La Liga campaign (with 1950/51).
- Rayo Vallecano have won two of their last three away league games.
- Real Madrid have won their last six league games; their best run under Carlo Ancelotti.
- In two of the last three league meetings between these sides at the Bernabeu, Real Madrid have been reduced to 10 men.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored eight goals in six league meetings with Rayo.
- Ronaldo has scored in his last nine league games; his best ever run in a Real Madrid shirt.
- Real Madrid have scored a league-high six goals from outside the box this term; Rayo are joint-second in terms of most goals conceded this way (three).
- Leo Bapistao has scored six goals this season; he is now just one short of his La Liga record haul (seven in 12/13).
- Karim Benzema has participated in four of Real Madrid's last five league goals (two goals, two assists).
Celta Vigo v Granada
- Celta Vigo have won six of their last nine league games at the Balaidos (D2 L1).
- The side from Galicia have won seven of their last nine against Andalusian sides as well (D1 L1).
- Granada have only won two of their last 16 away league games (D4 L10).
- Eight of the last 11 goals in this fixture have arrived in the first-half.
- Nolito has participated directly in more goals than any other Spanish player in La Liga this term (five goals, five assists).
- Of all players to have scored five or more league goals this season, Joaquin Larrivey has the best conversion rate (43.75%).
- Granada have lost a league-high seven points having scored the first goal of the game this term.
- Four of Nolito's five assists in La Liga this term have been converted by Joaquin Larrivey.
- Joaquin Caparros's side are one of only two (with Malaga) yet to concede a goal from a corner this term.
Malaga v Eibar
- Malaga are unbeaten in six league games at La Rosaleda, winning four and drawing two.
- Malaga have won four successive league games overall, their best run since May 2011 (five).
- Malaga have won both meetings with Basque sides this year, with both games ending 1-0.
- Eibar have only lost one of their last seven league games (W2 D4), though they are yet to win consecutive top-flight games.
- Mikel Arrubarrena became the first ever Eibar player to score a brace when he netted twice last time out.
- Nordin Amrabat has participated in five of Malaga's last six league goals (two goals, three assists).
- Only Claudio Bravo (eight) has kept more clean sheets than Carlos Kameni (five) this season.
- Raul Albentosa is the only outfield player yet to miss a minute for Eibar this term; Roberto Rosales, the only one for Malaga.
- Malaga have conceded only three second-half goals all season; a joint-league-low with Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.
Sevilla v Levante
- Sevilla are without a win in six league meetings with Levante (D3 L3).
- The Andalusian side are unbeaten in 13 home league games (W10 D3); their last defeat at the Sanchez Pizjuan came against Barcelona back in February (1-4).
- Levante have only won one of their last eight away league games (D3 L4), but that did come on their last trip to Andalusia (1-0 at Granada).
- The last three clashes between these sides have all been refereed by Fernando Teixeira Vitienes and Sevilla have not won any of them (D1 L2).
- Indeed, Sevilla are without a win in three home league games against Levante (D2 L1).
- Lucas Alcaraz has never beaten Sevilla in 10 meetings as a Primera Division manager (D2 L8), losing his last five.
- Carlos Bacca (7) has scored more league goals than Levante (6) this season.
- Levante are one of two teams (with Getafe) yet to score a headed goal this term.
- Sevilla have conceded a league-high four goals to opposition substitutes this season.
Espanyol v Villarreal
- Espanyol are without a win in 11 league meetings with Villarreal, drawing five and losing six.
- Indeed, the Catalan side have only scored two goals across these 11 games, failing to score in nine of them.
- Espanyol have only won two of their last 10 home league games (D5 L3), with both wins ending 2-0.
- The Yellow Submarine have lost just one of their last seven away league games (W3 D3).
- Three of Moi Gomez's four La Liga goals have come away from home; the first of these came at Espanyol last season.
- Between them, Christian Stuani (five) and Sergio Garcia (three) have scored 80% of Espanyol's league goals this term.
- Villarreal have lost a league-high four points with goals conceded in the final 10 minutes term.
- Espanyol have conceded a joint-league-high 33% of their goals to headers this season (shared with Cordoba).
- Marcelino Garcia Toral has only lost one of his eight meetings with Espanyol as a La Liga manager (W5 D2).
Valencia v Athletic
- Valencia have won their last six league games at the Mestalla.
- Indeed, los Che have scored exactly three goals in all five home league games this season.
- With their victory at Almeria last time out, Athletic ended a run of four straight away league defeats.
- Athletic have only scored two goals in their last six away league games, however.
- The side from Bilbao have only won one of their last 11 league games against Valencia (D3 L7).
- Valencia have benefited from a league-high three own goals this term.
- Aritz Aduriz has scored a higher proportion of his team's goals than any other player in La Liga this season (57%).
- Shkodran Mustafi, the joint top scoring defender in La Liga with Miranda, has scored three goals from three shots on target this term.
- Ernesto Valverde has only won one of his six visits to the Mestalla as a La Liga manager (D2 L3).
Real Sociedad v Atletico Madrid
- Real Sociedad have only won one of their last seven league games at the Anoeta (D2 L4), though it was a 4-2 win over Atletico Madrid.
- The Basque side have conceded at least once in each of their last nine home league games, since a 1-0 win over Valladolid in March.
- Atletico Madrid have won three of their last four away league games (L1).
- The Mattress Makers have won six of the last eight meetings between these sides (D1 L1).
- After six consecutive defeats in the Anoeta in La Liga, Atleti have won their last four trips to San Sebastian in the top-flight.
- Four of Real Sociedad's last seven league goals have been scored by substitutes.
- Atletico Madrid have scored 12 headed goals this season; the most in any of the top five European leagues.
- Koke has assisted seven La Liga goals this season, a joint-high with Lionel Messi, with six of them resulting in headed goals.
- Atletico have benefited from more goals from players from different nationalities than any other La Liga side this campaign (eight).