La Liga Opta Facts - Matchday 2
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Real Sociedad v Celta Vigo
- Real Sociedad are unbeaten in their last six matches at home to Celta in Liga BBVA (W2 D4).
- Celta have scored at least twice in all four of their wins at Real Sociedad in the top flight.
- The Basque side have lost just two of their league matches at home in 2012 (W7 D3).
- Erreala have scored in their last 10 league games at home, and have only conceded in four.
- Celta hit the woodwork three times in the opening round of matches, more than any other side.
- Gonzalo Castro, Real's scorer against Barcelona, had never before found the net in back-to-back appearances in La Liga.
- Iago Aspas only had one shot in his opening game in LigaBBVA, below his average last season in Segunda (2.83 shots/game).
Real Betis - Rayo Vallecano
- Betis are on a run of five games without a win against Rayo in the top flight (D2 L3).
- Betis have scored just once in their last five La Liga meetings with Rayo (1-1 in May 2003).
- The side from Seville are without a win in their last seven league games at home to sides from Madrid (D3 L4).
- Rayo have not drawn any of their last 27 league matches, since a tie with Osasuna in November 2011.
- Rayo have lost their last seven league away games, shipping 25 goals in total (3.57 per game).
- The only previous time Betis scored five goals against Athletic in the league (5-1 in March 1983), they went on to lose their next game.
- All five of Betis' goalscorers in the opening matchday were Spanish.
- Seven of Rayo's last eight goals in La Liga have come in the second half.
- Rayo were the only team to pick up points thanks to a goal scored in the 90th minute in the first round of matches (2).
- Roberto Trashorras was the first player in Liga BBVA 2012/13 to score from a direct free kick.
Espanyol - Real Zaragoza
- Espanyol have lost their last three LigaBBVA matches against Zaragoza.
- The maños have scored in all but one of their last 13 top-flight meetings with Espanyol.
- Espanyol are without a win in their last six league matches, they have not gone seven in a row without a victory since October-December 2009.
- The maños have won on just one their last nine visits to play in Catalonia in the top-flight (vs Espanyol, D1 L7).
- Manolo Jiménez's men have won three of their last five away matches in LigaBBVA, scoring exactly twice in each victory.
- Espanyol are without a win in two at home, they have not gone three without success in the league since November-December 2009.
- Zaragoza have not lost their opening two La Liga games since 2003.
- Roberto is the only ‘keeper to have saved a penalty on the opening matchday.
Málaga - RCD Mallorca
- The last three league meetings between Málaga and Mallorca have ended in a win for the Andalucians.
- Málaga CF have lost just two of their 11 top-flight matches at home to Mallorca (W5 D4).
- Pellegrini's men have lost just two of their league matches at home in 2012 (W8 D2).
- Mallorca are without a win in their last six matches in Andalucia in La Liga (D1 L5).
- Manuel Pellegrini has only lost one of his eight La Liga matches at home to Joaquín Caparrós sides (W4 D3).
- Málaga were one of just two teams not to receive a yellow card in the opening round of matches (with Granada).
- The Andalucians have not won their opening two LigaBBVA matches since 2002/03.
- Tomer Hemed had the joint-most shots on target on matchday one (four, level with Messi and Higuaín).
Osasuna - Barcelona
- Osasuna have only lost two of their last seven league games at home to Barcelona (D3 L2).
- The side from Navarre have only lost one of their last eight league matches at home (W5 D2).
- The rojillos are the only team to have beaten Barcelona at home in the league in 2012 (3-2 in February).
- In the last 11 seasons, Barcelona have only lost their first away league game once: vs Numancia in 2008/09 (W7 D3).
- Barcelona have scored in their last 19 league games, since a 0-0 draw with Villarreal in January, averaging 3.2 goals per match.
- The blaugrana have only won their opening two league games once in the last five seasons (2009/10).
- Tito Vilanova's side had the most shots on target in the opening round of matches (10).
- Xavi, who has made the most passes in La Liga in each of the last six seasons, made the most on matchday one (124).
- David Villa played fewer minutes than any other player who scored on matchday one (15, Alex Pozuelo 16).
Getafe - Real Madrid
- Getafe have lost their last seven league games against Real Madrid.
- The blancos have won on their last three league visits to the Coliseum.
- There has never been a goalless draw between Getafe and Real Madrid in the league.
- Luis García's men have won just one of their last 10 Madrid derbies in the top-flight (D1 L8).
- Real Madrid have won their last 15 league games against other sides from the capital.
- The azulones are without a win in six consecutive league games (D2 L4).
- Mourinho's men are unbeaten in 17 consecutive matches on the road in the league, since their 0-1 defeat to Levante last September (W15 D2).
- Casillas was one of just two keepers not to make a single save in La Liga last weekend (with Courtois).
- Real Madrid and Levante were the only sides to fail to win after opening the scoring on matchday one.
- Real Madrid had the most shots on the opening matchday (24).
Granada CF - Sevilla FC
- Granada have won just two of their last 17 top-flight meetings with Sevilla (D6 L9).
- The nazaríes have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 league games at home (1-0 vs Getafe in April).
- Sevilla are without a win in four on the road in LigaBBVA (D1 L3).
- The nervionenses have won just one of their last five league Andalucian derbies (3-0 at Granada in March, D1 L3).
- Granada have failed to score in their opening game in their last four campaigns in the Spanish top-flight.
- 11 of Sevilla's last 14 league goals have come in the first half.
- Federico Fazio has scored eight goals in La Liga, seven of them headers.
- Since joining Sevilla, Manu del Moral has only scored more La Liga goals against Racing (4) than he has against Granada (3).
- Alvaro Negredo has been on the scoresheet in seven of the last eight league matches in which Sevilla have found the net.
Valencia - Deportivo de la Coruña
- Valencia are unbeaten in their last 12 league meetings with Depor (W8 D4).
- The Galicians have failed to score in their last four league meetings with Los Che.
- Valencia have won their last four league games at home, scoring 13 goals and conceding just one.
- Deportivo failed to win any of their last 10 top-flight games on the road before they were relegated in 2010/11 (D5 L5).
- Valencia are unbeaten in their opening two league games in each of the last four seasons.
- Valencia had only one shot on target in their match against Real Madrid, but managed to score.
- Juan Domínguez made the most fouls last weekend in La Liga (5).
- Diego Alves made eight saves in the opening round of games, more than any other La Liga keeper.
Real Valladolid - Levante
- Both sides have won twice in their previous top-flight clashes (no draws).
- Valladolid have scored exactly once in both matches at home to Levante in La Liga.
- Real Valladolid have not won back-to-back matches in the top-flight since March 2009.
- The Valencians are without a win in their last five league games on the road (D2 L3).
- Valladolid were the only side not to use all three substitutes in the opening round of games (2).
- In each of the last two seasons, Levante have had the same result on matchday 2 as they did on matchday 1.
- Levante scored the most goals from throw-ins in La Liga last season (eight).
- Djukic's side were shown the most yellow cards on matchday one (five).
Atlético de Madrid - Athletic Club
- None of the last 13 league meetings between Atlético and Athletic have ended in a draw (eight wins for Atlético, five for the Basque side).
- Athletic have won three of their of last five league visits to the Calderón (L2).
- The colchoneros are on a run of seven league games without a defeat in La Liga (W4 D3).
- The Lions are without a win in five league games (D1 L4), only scoring in one of these.
- Athletic have won on just two of their last 11 league visits to play Madrid sides (D3 L6).
- Atlético made the fewest fouls on the opening day (7).
- Bielsa's men, who scored two headed goals on matchday one, have scored more headers than any other side in La Liga in each of the last two seasons.
- Athletic were the only side to concede two goals in the final 15 minutes of La Liga matches on the opening day.
- These two sides suffered the most fouls on matchday one (17).
- After just one game, this is already Mikel San José's top-scoring La Liga campaign.
- Gabi made the most passes into the final third on the opening weekend in La Liga (27, Xavi 25).