League 1 and League 2 Opta Facts - 8-10 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bournemouth v Rochdale
- Only one of the last nine meetings between Bournemouth and Rochdale has been won by the home side, with the away side winning three and five ending in draws.
- Rochdale have won their last two trips to Dean Court, scoring six and conceding just one.
- No side has taken fewer points at home in League One this term than the Cherries (three).
- The Cherries have lost their last four home games after beating Sheffield Wednesday in their first home game of the campaign.
- Dale have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight league games.
Bury v Exeter
- Only one of the last nine clashes between the Shakers and the Grecians has seen over 2.5 goals, and none of them have seen more than three.
- Exeter have only won one of their last 11 clashes with Bury, though that was a 1-0 win on their last league trip to Underhill.
- Exeter have taken fewer points on their travels than any other League One side this season (one).
- Only four different players have netted for the Grecians this term - a league-low.
- Bury have only scored five goals in six games since selling top scorer Ryan Lowe at the end of August.
Carlisle v Brentford
- Only one of the last eight meetings between these sides has ended in a draw, with Carlisle winning three and Brentford four.
- Brentford have either conceded a goal from the penalty spot or had a man sent off in four of their last five meetings with the Cumbrians.
- Brentford have won four of their five away games in the league this season, losing the other.
- Carlisle have scored in each of their last nine league games, but only kept one clean sheet in the process.
- The Cumbrians, however, have only managed a single goal in five of their last six games (netting two in the other).
- The Bees have kept three successive clean sheets away from Griffin Park.
Charlton v Tranmere
- The last three meetings between these sides have all ended 1-1.
- Going further back, Charlton are unbeaten in nine meetings with Rovers, not losing to them since October 1996 (0-4).
- Tranmere have scored a higher percentage of their goals in the second half than any other team in the division this season (73%).
- Tranmere have kept more clean sheets than any other team in the third tier this campaign (six).
- The Addicks have scored in every league game this season, and have netted more than one in nine out of 11 in League One.
- Yann Kermogant has scored two goals in three league appearances since joining Chris Powell's side.
Colchester v Yeovil
- Yeovil have never won at the home of Colchester (FL/FLT/FAC), drawing three and losing three of six previous visits there.
- The Glovers have failed to score in five of their last seven clashes with Colchester, but did net four in the last clash between the sides.
- After not keeping a clean sheet in any of their first nine league matches, Colchester have kept two in their last two games.
- The U's have netted exactly one goal in five of their last six games.
- Yeovil are yet to win an away game this campaign.
Huddersfield v Stevenage
- This will be the first ever competitive meeting between these sides.
- Huddersfield are now unbeaten in 36 regular league games, the longest ever run outside the top flight.
- The Terriers have only failed to score in one of their 11 league games in 2011/12, a 0-0 draw at Hartlepool back in August.
- Since hammering Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 in September, Stevenage have lost their last three league games.
- Stevenage have conceded exactly one goal in all five away league games this season.
Scunthorpe v Leyton Orient
- Leyton Orient are without a clean sheet in nine meetings with Scunthorpe, though the Iron themselves have only kept one clean sheet in 10 against the O's.
- Four of the last six clashes between Scunthorpe and Orient have seen a player sent off.
- The Iron are the only team in League One yet to keep a clean sheet this term.
- Scunthorpe have scored in 10 of their 11 league games, however.
- The O's have failed to win away from home this season, but have drawn their last three away games.
Sheffield Wed v Chesterfield
- The Spireites have only won one of their last 10 trips to Hillsborough in the league, though the last three clashes have all ended in draws.
- Sheffield Wednesday have won five consecutive home games in the league for the first time since October 1991.
- Chesterfield manager John Sheridan made 199 appearances for Sheffield Wednesday and scored the winner in the 1991 League Cup final, the Owls' last major trophy.
- The Owls haven't beaten Chesterfield at home since April 1979.
- Wednesday have conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other team in League One this term (five).
Wycombe v Walsall
- Walsall have won five and drawn one of their last six meetings with the Chairboys in all competitions.
- Only two of the last 12 clashes between the sides in total have ended in draws.
- Wycombe are the only League One side yet to score in the closing 15 minutes this season.
- The Saddlers have already lost 11 points from winning positions in the league this season. If they had held on each time they'd been ahead this term, they would be sitting in a playoff position.
- The Chairboys have only managed one clean sheet all season.
- This is only the third time in their Football League history (835 games) that Wycombe have lost seven of their last eight league games (happened twice in April 2006).
Notts County v Hartlepool
- In the last 13 games involving these two sides, the respective away teams have netted a combined total of five goals, and never more than once in a match.
- At least one side has kept a clean sheet in each of the previous 11 clashes between the sides at Meadow Lane, with 10 of them ending in victories to the side who managed a shutout (one 0-0 draw).
- County have won their last four home league games, they haven't won five on the spin since April 2010.
- Hartlepool have won their last three away games. They haven't won four consecutive away games since January 2007.
- Pool have scored at least twice in six of their last seven games.
Oldham v MK Dons
- Three of the last four meetings between these sides at Boundary Park have ended in a 2-1 scoreline (twice in favour of MK Dons, once in favour of Oldham).
- None of the five previous clashes between Oldham and MK Dons at the home of the Latics have ended in draws.
- Oldham have lost their last two league games 0-2.
- The Latics have only scored in both halves of the game once this term.
- The Dons have kept three clean sheets in five away games this season.
Northampton v Crawley Town
- These sides have met once before in a competitive fixture; when Crawley beat Northampton 4-2 in the FA Cup back in November 1991.
- If only the second half of matches counted, Crawley would be top of League Two with 23 points.
- Crawley have had 10 individual goalscorers in League Two this season; no side have had more.
- The Cobblers have only lost one of their last six games, winning three of them.
- Crawley haven't drawn a league game since the opening day of the season.
Aldershot v Macclesfield
- Aldershot have never beaten Macclesfield, drawing four and losing two of their six previous competitive meetings.
- The three clashes at the Recreation Ground, however, have all ended in a draw.
- The Shots have only won one of their five home games this season.
- Macclesfield have lost their last three away games without scoring a single goal.
- At least one side has kept a clean sheet in nine of the 11 league games involving the Silkmen this term.
Bradford v Torquay
- The Gulls won both meetings with Bradford last season, keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- Only one of the last six clashes between the sides at Valley Parade has ended in a draw.
- Bradford are the only side in League Two yet to prevent their opponents from scoring this campaign.
- The Bantams have conceded at least two goals in each of their last five games in the league.
- Torquay have drawn four of their last five league games, and two of their last three on the road.
Cheltenham v Dagenham & Redbridge
- Dagenham and Redbridge have never beaten Cheltenham, losing two and drawing one of three previous competitive meetings.
- The Robins have only failed to score in two of their last 10 league games.
- Dagenham have netted exactly one goal in seven of their 11 league games this season, but only once have they scored more than one.
- Dagenham and Redbridge's last four goals have come after the half-time break.
Crewe v Southend
- Crewe have won their last three clashes with Southend, keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- The Railwaymen's striker Shaun Miller netted in both meetings with the Shrimpers last term.
- Southend are the only team in League Two yet to concede in the closing 15 minutes of matches.
- The Shrimpers have kept more clean sheets than any other team in the bottom tier this term (five).
- Southend have won their last four league games without conceding.
Gillingham v Port Vale
- Gillingham have won three and drawn one of their last four meetings with Vale.
- The Gills have won five of their last six home clashes with the Stoke-based side, losing the other 1-2 in December 2007.
- Port Vale are League Two's top scorers with 24 goals so far.
- Gillingham are League Two's biggest offenders in terms of cards shown, receiving 26 yellows and one red so far.
- Gillingham are without a clean sheet in seven league games.
Morecambe v AFC Wimbledon
- This will be the first ever competitive meeting between Morecambe and AFC Wimbledon.
- Morecambe have the tightest defence in the division, conceding just nine goals so far.
- The Shrimps have scored in every league game since failing to net on the opening day of the campaign.
- Wimbledon have won their last three league games, despite conceding exactly one goal in each of them.
- Christian Jolley has scored three goals in his last two games and netted his first brace for Wimbledon last time out.
- The Wombles have only managed two clean sheets in their first 11 games as a league club.
Oxford Utd v Bristol Rovers
- The U's hammered Rovers 6-1 in the Carling Cup last season, despite being a league below them at the time.
- None of the last seven meetings between the U's and the Pirates have been won by the away team, with Rovers' last victory in Oxford coming back in April 2003 (1-0).
- Oxford have been ahead at half-time in nine of their 11 league games this term.
- Despite that, the U's have drawn their last three home games.
- Rovers' last three league games away from home have seen a combined total of 14 goals netted.
Plymouth v Accrington Stanley
- These sides have only met twice before, in 1959/60. Accrington won 4-2 in Plymouth and the sides drew 1-1 in the North West.
- Stanley have netted a league-high 82% of their goals in the second half this season.
- On the other hand, Accrington have conceded a league-high 86% of their goals in the first 45 minutes.
- Plymouth have conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes of games (six) than they've scored overall this term (five).
Rotherham v Burton Albion
- Burton have never beaten Rotherham, losing three and drawing two of the five previous meetings in all competitions.
- There were 15 goals netted in the three meetings between the sides last term.
- Burton are the only side in League Two yet to score a goal in the closing 15 minutes this season.
- Danny Schofield has made more assists than any other player in League Two this term (six).
- The Millers have only been shown six yellow cards this season, the lowest total in the Premier League and Football League combined.
- Burton have scored in all 11 league games this term.
- Justin Richards has scored seven goals in his last eight competitive games for Burton.
Shrewsbury v Barnet
- None of the last nine meetings between the Shrews and the Bees have been won by the away side.
- Shrewsbury have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three home meetings with Barnet, winning two and drawing one.
- Barnet have conceded more goals than any other team in the division this season (22).
- Shrewsbury have won their last four home league games, netting at least two in each of their victories.
- Marvin Morgan has netted three times in his last three games at home for Shrewsbury.
Swindon v Hereford
- Swindon are unbeaten in four meetings with the Bulls, winning the last two (two draws).
- Overall, just two of the last 15 clashes between the side have ended in draws.
- Hereford have scored just four goals all season, the lowest total in the division.
- Hereford have yet to be in front at half-time in the league this season.
- Swindon are the only team in League Two yet to draw a game this season.
- The Robins have won their last three home league games, netting nine goals in total in the process.