League 1 Opta Facts - 10 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brentford v Hartlepool
- Brentford have failed to score in their last four meetings with Hartlepool.
- In fact, three of the last four meetings between Hartlepool and Brentford have ended goalless.
- The Bees have failed to score in four of their last five league games at Griffin Park.
- Hartlepool have won only one of their last six league games, losing four.
Colchester v Bury
- None of the last five matches between these two teams have been won by the team playing at home.
- Colchester have scored only four goals in their last five games at home against Bury.
- The U's have won just one of their last eight league games.
- Bury have won four of their last five away games in League One, including the last three in a row.
Huddersfield v Bournemouth
- This will be the first meeting between the two sides since Huddersfield knocked out Bournemouth on penalties in their playoff semi-final tie last season.
- All four of the matches between Huddersfield and Bournemouth last season ended in score draws.
- In fact, Bournemouth have not defeated Huddersfield in any of their last 19 meetings.
- The south-coast side have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the league.
- A defeat in their last league game against Charlton ended Huddersfield's record-breaking 43-game unbeaten Football League run (excl. playoffs).
Leyton Orient v Exeter
- The away team have won only once in the last 11 meetings between Orient and Exeter.
- Leyton Orient's Dean Cox scored in both of their matches against Exeter last season in League One.
- Paul Tisdale's side have scored the fewest goals away from home in League One this season (8).
- Orient have lost only one of their last 10 league games, but this came in their last outing (0-1 at Sheffield Wednesday).
Oldham v Sheffield Wednesday
- Oldham and Sheffield Wednesday have drawn three of their last four meetings against one another.
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost only one of their last six trips to Oldham.
- No side have won more points from their last 10 league games than the Owls (23).
- Oldham have won three of their last four league games at Boundary Park.
- If only second-halves counted, the Owls would be four points clear at the top of League One with 38 points from 19 games.
Preston v Stevenage
- This will be the first ever competitive meeting between Stevenage and Preston North End.
- Two years ago to the day of this match, Preston were 13th in the Championship, 61 places in the league ladder above Stevenage, who were 2nd in the Blue Square Premier. Stevenage are now five places above Preston.
- Preston have conceded 36 goals this season in League One - only Chesterfield (37) have shipped more.
- Stevenage are currently on the longest unbeaten run in League One - seven games.
- Stevenage have drawn more games 0-0 than any other side in League One this season (4).
Scunthorpe v Carlisle
- Scunthorpe are unbeaten in their last four games against Carlisle; winning three and drawing one.
- Only two of the last nine meetings between Scunthorpe and Carlisle in all competitions have been won by the side playing at home.
- Scunthorpe have drawn more games than any other team in League One this season (9).
- Carlisle United's last three league games have seen only two goals scored.
Sheffield United v Rochdale
- This will be only the third competitive meeting between the Blades and Rochdale, with Sheffield United winning both of the previous two.
- Sheffield United have now scored in eight successive league games - no side is currently on a longer run in League One.
- Rochdale have won only one of their last eight games in League One.
- Rochdale have kept just one clean sheet in their nine away games in the league this season, but this did come in their last game on their travels (1-0 at Preston).
- Rochdale have been winning at half-time in only two games this season - fewer than any other side.
Tranmere v MK Dons
- In the league meeting at Prenton Park between these two sides last season, there were six goals scored and two red cards given.
- The team playing away from home have won only once in the last six matches between Tranmere and MK Dons.
- Tranmere Rovers have kept a league-high nine clean sheets in the Championship this season.
- Tranmere have picked up just one point in their last four league matches.
- MK Dons have netted 14 goals in their last four league games.
Walsall v Charlton
- Charlton have won only one of their last five games against Walsall, losing three.
- Walsall won both meetings with Charlton in League One last season, keeping a clean sheet in both games.
- The Addicks have won 25 points away from home this season, seven more than any other side in League One.
- Should Charlton win this game, they'll equal the longest run of wins seen in League One this season so far (Preston - 7).
- Walsall have picked up just two points in their last six league games.
- Bradley Wright-Phillips is the top scorer in League One so far this season with 14 goals.
Wycombe v Chesterfield
- This meeting will pit the two bottom sides in League One at this present time, both with 13 points from 19 games.
- Wycombe lost both of their League Two games against Chesterfield last season and have won just two of their last nine meetings with them in all competitions.
- The Chairboys have lost only one of their last 12 home games against Chesterfield, this coming last season.
- Wycombe have won only five points at home in League One this season; a league-low.
- Chesterfield have won fewer points away from home than any other team in League One (4).
Yeovil v Notts County
- None of the previous five competitive meetings between Yeovil and Notts County have ended in a draw.
- Three of Yeovil's last five league games have ended in a 2-2 draw.
- The Glovers have won only one of their last 11 league matches.
- Notts County have scored in eight successive league games; the best current run in League One alongside Sheffield United.