League 1 Opta Facts: 12 Sept
Barnsley v Swindon
- In this exact fixture last season, the Tykes failed to score against the Robins on home soil for the first time since February 1990.
- Swindon won both meetings with Barnsley last season, scoring five and conceding none.
- Barnsley have conceded more goals from headers than any other side (3).
- 11 of Swindon's 12 goals this season have come after the half-time interval.
- Indeed, the Robins have the best shot conversion rate of any League One side (24%).
Burton v Rochdale
- Burton have never lost a league game against Rochdale, winning five and drawing one.
- Dale have failed to score in two of their three league trips to the Pirelli stadium.
- This will be the first meeting between the sides in the third tier of English football.
- Rochdale's only previous competitive win over the Brewers came in the FA Cup in November 1999 (3-0).
- Burton's defeat at home to Coventry at the weekend was their first since February. It was also the first time they had conceded more than once at home since October 2014.
- Rochdale have won only once in their last eight away games, losing four.
Chesterfield v Colchester
- Chesterfield's clean sheet in the last meeting with Colchester, a 6-0 win, was their first shutout against them in 19 attempts.
- That defeat in April was Colchester's heaviest loss against the Spireites in league competition.
- On-loan Lee Novak has scored in three of his six league games against Colchester (all while at Huddersfield).
- Gavin Massey has assisted three of Colchester's five goals so far this season.
- Colchester have conceded the most goals in League One from outside the area (5).
Crewe v Millwall
- Crewe have failed to score in each of their last four games against the Lions, this after scoring in each of the previous eight against them.
- Millwall are unbeaten in five against the Railwaymen, winning two and drawing three.
- Half of Crewe's goals this season have been scored from outside the box (three of six).
- The Lions have failed to score in 13 of their 27 league games in 2015, including three of the last four.
- The Railwaymen's winless run in the league now stretches to seven games (D2 L5).
Fleetwood v Bradford
- Fleetwood have shipped two goals in three of their four matches against the Bantams (one conceded in the other).
- Bradford have never lost a league game against the Cod Army, winning two of the four previous meetings (D2).
- The Cod Army have just one clean sheet in their last eight league games.
- All eight of the goals shipped by Bradford this season have come in the second half.
- James Hanson has scored twice and assisted another goal in four league games against Fleetwood.
Gillingham v Blackpool
- Gillingham have lost just two of their previous 15 home league games against Blackpool, winning seven (D6).
- Both sides have scored in 10 of the last 11 league clashes between the Gills and the Tangerines.
- Gillingham are the only unbeaten side left in League One (W4 D2).
- Blackpool have the worst goal difference in the division (-8), while Gillingham have the best (+8).
- No player has been involved in more goals this season than Bradley Dack (four goals and one assist).
Oldham v Peterborough
- Oldham have conceded in each of their last 12 league matches versus the Posh, shipping 28 goals in the process (W3 D5 L4).
- Peterborough have lost only one of their last eight games against the Latics, winning four (D3).
- Oldham's five league goals this season have all come from different players (Forte, Philiskirk, Kelly, Croft, Mills).
- Peterborough are now without a win in eight away games (D2 L6), scoring just four goals in that time.
- Michael Bostwick scored in both games against Oldham last season for the Posh.
Port Vale v Wigan
- The last four league encounters between these two sides have ended 1-0, with Port Vale winning three.
- Wigan have scored just two goals in their last seven against Port Vale, failing to register in five of those meetings.
- Port Vale have lost just two of their last 10 league matches, though six of those have been draws (W2).
- Wigan recorded their first away win since March in the 3-2 win at Chesterfield last weekend.
- Uche Ikpeazu has conceded more fouls than any other player in the division (19).
Scunthorpe v Coventry
- Scunthorpe have lost just once in their last five versus Coventry, winning two (D2).
- Both sides have scored in six of the last seven league clashes between the Iron and the Sky Blues.
- Darius Henderson has scored four times in eight league appearances against Coventry.
- After netting five in his opening three league games this season, Adam Armstrong has now gone two without scoring.
- Players from six different countries (England, Scotland, Wales, France, Portugal, Benin) have netted for Coventry this season.
Sheff Utd v Bury
- Sheffield United have won 13 and lost none of their last 20 league games against the Shakers.
- Bury have scored more than once on just one occasion in their last 25 matches against Sheffield United (3-3 draw in 1998).
- Since losing on the opening day to Gillingham 4-0, the Blades have put together four successive victories.
- No team has conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes than Bury (4).
- Leon Clarke has scored five times in his last four league games against Sheffield United.
Southend v Shrewsbury
- Southend have won their last two home games versus Shrewsbury; they've not won three in a row since October 1999.
- Shrewsbury have failed to find the back of the net in three of their last four trips to Roots Hall (W1 L3).
- Southend's Noel Hunt scored in back-to-back league games for the first time since October 2012, when playing for Reading in the Premier League.
- Shrewsbury are one of two sides yet to keep a clean sheet in League One this season (Peterborough are the other).
- David Mooney has scored two goals in two league games against Shrewsbury.
Walsall v Doncaster
- Walsall have won three consecutive league games against Doncaster for the second time in their history; they've never won four on the bounce against them.
- Doncaster have conceded in 14 of their last 15 games at Walsall.
- Walsall have had more shots on goal than any other side in League One (75).
- Donny are the only League One side yet to score away from home.
- These two sides have collected the fewest yellow cards in League One (four each).