League 1 Opta Facts - 14 November
Rochdale v Wigan Athletic
- This will be the first league encounter between the two since March 1997 - Rochdale won both meetings that season.
- However, Wigan won all three cup games between the two in 1998/99 - winning both legs of a first round League Cup tie and winning 3-0 on their way to winning the Football League Trophy.
- Rochdale's last four league games have all ended in draws. The last time they drew five in a row was in January 2005.
- Wigan are on a nine-match unbeaten run in League One, the best current streak in the division (W4 D5). They last went on a better run in the league in November 2004 (18 games across two seasons).
- The Latics have scored a league-high seven times in the opening 15 minutes, though Rochdale have shipped just one in this period this season.
Barnsley v Port Vale
- Barnsley have lost just one of the last six home matches against Port Vale.
- Port Vale have been beaten only once in their last nine league meetings with the Tykes, but this was the most recent meeting last January (W5 D3).
- The Tykes have lost seven league games in a row. Only twice in their history have they suffered more successive defeats - nine in 1953 and eight in 1959.
- Port Vale have taken more penalties than any other side in League One (6), but have only scored half of them (3).
- Josh Scowen has been involved in each of Barnsley's last four league goals (scoring three and assisting another).
Blackpool v Doncaster
- The Tangerines have won four and drawn two of their last six league games against Doncaster.
- In fact, Donny have been on the winning side just twice in the last 17 league clashes (D5 L10).
- Blackpool have now lost back-to-back games, having gone five without a loss.
- Doncaster have failed to score in six of their eight away games in League One this season.
- Doncaster are the lowest scorers in League One (13), though Blackpool have only scored two more than them.
Bradford v Crewe
- Bradford won both meetings with Crewe last season to nil, 2-0 at home in October 2014 and 1-0 away in May.
- After winning three successive league games away at Bradford, the Railwaymen are now winless in their last three (D1 L2).
- The only team to have fewer shots on goal this season than Bradford (124) are their opponents Crewe (94).
- No team has scored fewer headed goals than Crewe this season (1).
- James Hanson has scored in each of his last two home games, having scored one in 13 at home prior to that.
Chesterfield v Oldham
- Chesterfield's last home league defeat to Oldham was in December 2002 (W2 D4).
- Oldham have failed to score just once in their last 11 trips to Chesterfield.
- Sylvain Ebanks-Blake has scored four times in his last four league games.
- Seven of Oldham's eight away games in League One this term have ended all square (W1).
- The Latics have lost 13 points from leading positions this season in League One, the most in the division.
Colchester v Coventry
- The U's have gone eight league matches against Coventry without a clean sheet.
- Coventry won both meetings with Colchester last season by a 1-0 scoreline
- This match pits two of the three teams with the most shots on target in League One this season - Coventry have managed the most (98), while Colchester are third (95).
- Adam Armstrong's 12 goals have won Coventry 12 points this season, the most points won by a single player's goals this season in League One.
- Joe Cole is looking to score in successive league games for the first time since March 2008.
Gillingham v Bury
- Gillingham have been victorious just once in nine league matches with Bury (D3 L5).
- Bury's last win at Gillingham in a league match was on Boxing Day 1992 (D4 L3).
- The Gills are one of three League One sides yet to taste defeat at home (W6 D2), Coventry and Wigan are the others.
- The Shakers have the best shot conversion rate in League One (20.74%), with Gillingham second (18.9%).
- Bradley Dack ended a run of eight league games without a goal by netting against Walsall at the end of October.
Peterborough v Fleetwood
- Last season saw the first two matches between Peterborough and Fleetwood, with the Posh winning 1-0 at home and drawing 1-1 at Highbury Stadium.
- Victory over Barnsley in their last away match ended a run of five successive losses on the road for the Cod Army.
- The Posh have scored in all but one of their League One fixtures this season - the game they failed to score in was on opening day against Rochdale.
- None of Fleetwood's last nine league games have ended in a draw (W2 L7).
- Peterborough's league games this season have seen 59 goals scored, no team has had more in their games this season.
Sheffield United v Southend
- Sheffield United have won the last three home league games against Southend, yet this is their first meeting at Bramall Lane since January 1997.
- Southend have won just twice in seven trips to Sheffield United (W2 L5). In fact, in the only two matches in which they've scored, they've gone on to win.
- There has never been a league draw between Sheffield United and Southend (14 matches).
- Che Adams has netted four goals in his last three league games at Bramall Lane.
- Southend hold just two away wins in League One this season, but have also only lost twice (D4).
- The Blades are the only side yet to drop a point when leading in League One this season.
Swindon v Scunthorpe
- Swindon have never lost a league match at home to Scunthorpe (W5 D6).
- Scunthorpe's last clean sheet against the Robins came in 1984, going 11 games without one.
- Swindon have now gone 10 games without a win, the worst current run in League One (D2 L8).
- Indeed, the Robins haven't won at home since the opening day of the season (D2 L5). Since that victory, they have shipped exactly two goals in six matches at the County Ground.
- Gary McSheffrey has scored in back-to-back league games for the first time since April.