League 1 Opta Facts - 15 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League 1 Opta Facts – 15 August
Brentford v Brighton
- Brentford have won their last four home matches against Brighton.
- The away side have won only once in the last 10 meetings between Brentford and Brighton.
- Brighton took more points on the road in League One last season (28) than at home (24).
- Brentford kept seven clean sheets in their last 11 home matches in League Two in 2008/09.
- The Bees lost only two games at home in the league last season.
Colchester v Yeovil
- The home side have only won three times in the previous 10 encounters between the two sides.
- Yeovil have never managed a competitive win at Colchester, in four attempts.
- The U’s lost their last four home matches in League One last season in a row – each by a score of 1-0.
- Yeovil failed to score in seven of their last eight League One away matches last season.
Exeter v Norwich
- Exeter have not won in 11 meetings with Norwich; their last victory coming in February 1954.
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides in Exeter have ended in a draw.
- Exeter won eight of their last 10 matches at home in League Two last season.
- Norwich lost their last three Championship matches on the road in 2008/09, despite scoring in each.
Hartlepool v Charlton
- This will be only the second competitive meeting between these two sides.
- Charlton won their only previous meeting 3-1 at home.
- The Addicks took just 13 points on the road in the Championship in 2008/09, however seven of these came in their last seven games.
- Hartlepool lost four of their last five home games in League One last season.
Huddersfield v Southampton
- Southampton have won their last three games against the Terriers without conceding a goal.
- None of the 10 meetings between these sides in Huddersfield have ended in a draw.
- The Saints lost their last three away matches in the Championship in a row, each by at least two goals.
- Southampton new boy Rickie Lambert scored five goals in four league games last August.
Leyton Orient v Oldham
- The away side in this fixture have not managed to win in any of their last nine meetings.
- Oldham have won just once in their last six meetings with Leyton Orient.
- Had only home form counted last season, Leyton Orient would have finished second from bottom – in fact they finished 14th.
- No non-relegated side in League One last season conceded more goals than Oldham on the road (41).
Millwall v Carlisle
- The home side have won the last five encounters between the two sides, keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- Millwall have won four of their last five home games against Carlisle, drawing the other.
- The Lions won their last three home games of 2008/09 in the league.
- Carlisle’s 2-0 win over Millwall on the last day of last season was their first league win in 12 attempts.
Stockport v Bristol Rovers
- The away team have lost the last four meetings between these two sides.
- Stockport have won five of their last six home games against Rovers.
- Stockport have won just one game in their last 10 in League One.
- Bristol Rovers lost their last three away matches of the 2008/09 season in League One.
Swindon v MK Dons
- Swindon are unbeaten in four league matches against the MK Dons.
- The away team has managed to score in all of the eight previous league meetings between the two sides at Swindon.
- Swindon beat the Dons 4-1 at stadium:mk in the Carling Cup in midweek.
- Swindon have not lost a match in which they have scored in the league since March.
- MK Dons won their last four league games on the road in the league in 2008/09, keeping a clean sheet in each.
Tranmere v Gillingham
- The last three matches between Tranmere and Gillingham have all ended 2-0.
- Tranmere have lost only once in 15 matches at home against the Gills.
- Gillingham have kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league.
- Tranmere have not lost at home in the league in 18 matches since 11th October 2008, winning 13 of these.
- Simeon Jackson has scored seven goals in his last four competitive matches for Gillingham (including play-offs).
Walsall v Southend
- Nine goals were scored in the two matches between Walsall and Southend last season.
- Walsall have won only once in their last six matches against Southend.
- Lee Barnard, who scored last weekend and netted a winning brace in the Carling Cup in midweek, scored three goals in his last three away games with Southend last season.
- Walsall lost their last three home League One games of 2008/09.
Wycombe v Leeds
- This will be the first ever competitive meeting between the two sides.
- Had only home form counted last season in League Two, Wycombe would have finished seventh.
- Had only away form counted in League One, Leeds would have finished 9th.
- Jermaine Beckford has scored 11 goals in his last eight League One matches (exc. play-offs.)