League 1 Opta Facts - 16 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bournemouth v Stevenage
- This fixture will be the first time Bournemouth have ever played Stevenage.
- Stevenage have drawn each of their last three regular league games, stretching back to last term's season-ending 3-3 draw with Bury.
- In all three of Bournemouth's games this season in all competitions, the away side has failed to score.
- Stevenage had just one point after their first two games last term in their promotion winning season, compared to two points thus far in 2011/12.
- Stevenage have won just one of their last five away matches, a 1-0 playoff semi-final win at Torquay.
- Bournemouth have already had six unique goal-scorers this season in all competitions.
Bury v Sheffield Wednesday
- This match will be the first time these clubs have played each other in the league since 1980.
- The two clubs faced off in the Carling Cup last year, with Wednesday winning 1-0 at home.
- The Owls have won three out of the last four clashes.
- Bury striker Ryan Lowe has scored five goals in Bury's last six games, with four of them coming after the 75th minute.
- All three of Wednesday's matches this season in all competitions have seen at least one team keep a clean sheet, with the Owls failing to score twice.
- Before last weekend's 2-0 defeat to Bournemouth, the Owls had scored in six consecutive league games.
Chesterfield v Preston
- The last six meetings between these sides have seen at least one side keep a clean sheet.
- There has only been one draw in the last eight clashes between these sides, with the away team winning three out of the last four matches.
- Stretching back to last season, it has been 13 games since Preston have kept a clean sheet in any competition.
- None of the Lilywhites' three games this season in all competitions have seen either side keep a clean sheet.
- If Preston fail to beat Chesterfield, they will have gotten off to a worse start than last season, when they were relegated to the Championship.
Colchester v Charlton
- The last three games between these two sides in Colchester have seen 13 goals scored - an average of just over four goals per game.
- Three of the last four fixtures between the U's and the Addicks have seen at least one side keep a clean sheet.
- The home side has only lost once in the last six clashes, with two draws in that time.
- Last weekend's away win over Notts County was Charlton's first away win in 11 attempts.
- Colchester's Ian Henderson has scored five in his last four in all competitions.
- This fixture last season saw a player sent off for both sides, and two penalties given to Charlton.
Exeter v Brentford
- These two sides met four times last season, with Brentford beating Exeter twice at St James Park, and drawing their two home games.
- The last five home games the Grecians have played against the Bees in all competitions have seen 19 goals scored - an average of just under four goals per game.
- The Bees have only lost twice in the last 23 meetings in all comps.
- Six out of Exeter's last seven matches have seen at least one team come away with a clean sheet, with the Grecians keeping four themselves.
- In the three games Brentford have played thus far in all competitions, the away team has yet to score a goal.
- Brentford's Gary Alexander both scored three goals against each other's team in four fixtures last season.
Hartlepool v Huddersfield
- In each of the last three meetings, the away side has beaten the home side, and kept a clean sheet.
- The last time these clubs played out a 0-0 draw was in November 1991.
- Hartlepool have drawn their last four home games in all competitions.
- The Terriers have not lost in their last 14 away matches in all competitions, winning nine of them.
- Both sides have yet to lose this season in 90 minutes this term.
- Lee Novak has scored three goals on the road in two games this season for Huddersfield.
Leyton Orient v Wycombe
- In 13 total meetings, these clubs have never drawn.
- Leyton Orient have won their last three meetings with the Chairboys, keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- Prior to this run, Wycombe had won nine of the previous 10 clashes between the sides,
- The O's have won only once in their last five home games.
- Orient have yet to score a goal in the league this season.
- Wycombe manager Gary Waddock has won twice away in London (at Millwall & Barnet), more than any of the other Football League-era managers of the club.
Notts County v Tranmere
- Both of their matches against each other last season ended 1-0 in favour of the away side.
- Four of the last five meetings between Notts County and Tranmere have seen one side keep a clean sheet.
- A player for the away side was sent off in both clashes between the sides last term.
- Tranmere, on their last five trips to Meadow Lane, have only lost once.
- In just three games thus far in all competitions, Notts County have already had five different players find the net.
- The Rovers have won three of their last four away matches in the League.
Rochdale v Carlisle
- The last three fixtures between the two sides have seen 11 goals, with the last fixture at
- Spotland producing five goals in Carlisle's 3-2 win.
- The Cumbrians have only lost once and won six in the last nine clashes with Dale in all competition.
- In both of Carlisle's games in the league this season, the away side has won and kept a clean sheet.
- Rochdale's last three matches in all competitions have seen 11 goals scored, for an average of just under four per game.
- Dale have conceded at least two goals in six out of their last seven games in all competitions.
- Both times these teams met last season saw the away side come back from a goal down to rescue at least a point.
Scunthorpe v Oldham
- In the last eight clashes between these two sides, the home side has been unbeaten, winning each of the last three.
- The Iron have won four out of the last five encounters at Glanford Park in all competitions.
- Both of Scunthorpe's league games this season have ended 1-1.
- Scunthorpe have won just one of their last seven home games, stretching back to last term in the Championship.
- Oldham have yet to earn a point in the league this season.
- Three of the four goals Scunthorpe have scored this season in all competitions have come after the 80th minute.
- All six of the goals Oldham have conceded this term in all competitions have come in the second half.
Sheffield United v Walsall
- The two sides will meet for the first times since 2004, with the Blades losing to the Saddlers only three times in sixteen league matches so far.
- The Blades have won the last four meetings between the sides, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- Walsall have had a player sent off in two consecutive games in all competitions.
- The Blades have won both of their league games this season 2-0.
- Blades' striker Richard Cresswell has found the net in both of United's league games this season.
- All four of United's league goals this season have come in the second half.
Yeovil v MK Dons
- The home side has never lost in eight meetings between these sides, and has won the last three.
- In the four previous clashes at Huish Park there have only been four goals netted, with Yeovil winning the last two 1-0.
- Yeovil have conceded a penalty in both of their league games this season.
- The Dons have scored just once in their four matches at Huish Park.
- Jabo Ibehre has scored in all three games the Dons have played so far in all competitions.
- Yeovil have scored at least two goals in six of their last eight league games, winning four of them.