League 1 Opta Facts - 20 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brentford v Leyton Orient
- The home team is undefeated in the last nine clashes between these sides, and has won five times.
- Leyton Orient haven't won at Griffin Park since September 1993, a run of five successive games.
- Brentford have only won three of their last nine home games, losing four.
- The O's have lost four of their last five league games, including all three this term.
- None of Orient's last eight away league games have ended in draws.
- The Bees have only mustered one clean sheet from their last nine home league games.
Carlisle v Bournemouth
- Carlisle have won four and lost just one of their last six clashes with the Cherries.
- Only one of the last 13 meetings between these sides in all competitions has ended in a draw.
- Carlisle have lost their last three consecutive home matches without netting a single goal.
- Bournemouth have only won one of their last nine away ties.
- Including playoffs, the Cherries have only won one of their last seven league games.
- Only one of Carlisle's last eight league games at Brunton Park has ended in a draw.
Charlton v Scunthorpe
- The Iron have only won one of their last eight trips to Charlton in all competitions, and that was way back in November 1963.
- Scunthorpe have only won once in their last 13 away league fixtures, losing 10 of those.
- None of the last eight clashes between these sides have seen more than two goals scored, a run that stretches back to 1962.
- The Addicks have won all three league fixtures this season, conceding just one goal.
- Dale Stephens has netted two goals in just one game at the Valley this term.
- Scunthorpe's last five away games in the league have seen a total of five red cards shown.
Huddersfield v Colchester
- Huddersfield have had a player sent off in two of the last four clashes between these sides.
- The Terriers have never lost at home to Colchester, and have won five of the 10 clashes at Galpharm Stadium.
- Huddersfield have only lost one of their last 16 league games at the Galpharm Stadium.
- Lee Novak has scored three goals in his last three games in all competitions.
- Colchester have scored and conceded in each of their last six away games in all competitions.
- Ian Henderson has netted three goals in two away games this term for the U's.
MK Dons v Chesterfield
- The last three clashes between these two clubs saw the away side win 2-1.
- The Dons have never beaten Chesterfield at home in their three total meetings at stadium:mk.
- Jabo Ibhere has scored three goals in his last four games for the Dons in all competitions.
- There have been 21 goals scored in MK Dons' last five home games combined (including playoffs).
- Chesterfield are winless in six away league games.
- Chesterfield have failed to score in five of their last six league away games.
Oldham v Rochdale
- The home side has picked up the victory in only one of the last seven meetings between these sides in all competitions.
- Oldham haven't won in their last 10 matches at home, and have lost six of those.
- Last term's loss to Rochdale at home was the first time the Latics have lost to the Dale at Boundary Park since 1960.
- The Latics' last home league victory was a 4-0 thumping of Hartlepool back on February 1.
- None of Rochdale's last eight league away games have seen the spoils shared.
- Ashley Grimes has scored three goals in his last three games in all competitions.
Preston v Exeter
- This match will be the first time these clubs have met since 1996.
- Only one of the last six clashes between these sides has been won by the home team, with the away side picking up the victory on three occasions.
- Preston have not kept a clean sheet in their last 13 matches at Deepdale.
- Exeter have won three of their last six away games.
- None of PNE's last eight home league games have ended in draws.
- Daniel Nardiello has scored four of Exeter's last five away goals in League One.
Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County
- The last three league matches between these clubs have seen either a penalty scored or a red card awarded (one penalty, two red cards).
- Both league meetings between the sides last term finished in away wins, with the home side failing to score on each occasion.
- The Owls have lost just one of their last six home matches, and have won five of those.
- County are one of just two teams to win a game they were behind in in League One this term.
- The Magpies have been shown more yellow cards than any other side in League One this term so far (11).
- Wednesday have scored in all but one of their last 16 home league games, but the one they failed to net in was a 0-1 defeat to Notts County.
Stevenage v Hartlepool
- This match will be the first time these clubs have ever played each other competitively.
- Stevenage have won eight of their last nine home matches in all comps, with the only loss coming in the Carling Cup to Peterborough in extra time last week.
- Hartlepool have failed to score in three of their last four away fixtures.
- Stevenage are unbeaten in eight home league games.
- All of Hartlepool's last five league games have ended in draws.
- Pool are winless in eight league games overall and have won just one of their last 13 on the road.
Tranmere v Sheffield United
- Tranmere have beat Sheffield United just once in their last 11 meetings.
- United have beaten Tranmere by two goals in three of the last four clashes.
- The Blades are one of only two teams (with Charlton) to maintain a 100% record this term.
- Tranmere are the only side in the third tier to have received more than one red card (two).
- Richard Cresswell is the League One top scorer, having scored exactly one goal in each game so far.
- Only one of Tranmere's last 12 league games has ended as a draw.
Walsall v Yeovil
- The last two clashes at Bescot Stadium have seen Yeovil win 1-0.
- The Glovers have netted exactly one goal in five of their last six clashes with Walsall, including the last four.
- Both away games Yeovil have played in all competitions thus far have ended in a 2-0 loss.
- Walsall have already lost five points from winning positions this season, the most of all sides.
- Walsall have only lost one of their last six league games at the Bescot Stadium.
- The Saddlers have found the net in each of their last nine league games.
Wycombe v Bury
- Wycombe have not lost in their last eight clashes with Bury, and have won six of those.
- The Chairboys have failed to score against Bury just twice in the last 10 years.
- Wycombe are unbeaten in 13 league games, winning six and drawing seven of them.
- The Shakers are unbeaten in nine league games on the road, winning four and drawing five.
- Ryan Lowe has scored four goals in four games for Bury in all competitions this term.
- Wycombe's last three games in all competitions have seen a penalty scored (plus a penalty shootout in the Carling Cup).