League 1 Opta Facts - 21 October
Barnsley v Notts County
- The Tykes have won just one of their last nine league encounters with Notts County (D5 L3).
- The Magpies haven't lost at Oakwell since April 1991, drawing four of the five league meetings since then (W1).
- Barnsley have won just two of their last 11 home league games, losing eight (D1).
- Notts County have won their last three league games. They last won four on the trot in August 2012.
- Stephen McLaughlin assisted three goals in the Magpies' 5-3 win on Saturday. No player has recorded more assists than the Nottingham Forest loanee this term in League One (5).
Bristol City v Bradford City
- Bristol City are winless in their last 10 league games against Bradford (D4 L6).
- Three of the last five meetings at Ashton Gate have gone the way of the Bantams with two draws.
- The Robins are yet to taste defeat this season in the league, one of two sides in the top four tiers to manage this (along with Chelsea).
- The Bantams have lost their last two league games. They haven't lost three on the spin since March 2012.
- Bristol City haven't lost at Ashton Gate in the league since February, a run of 13 games (W8 D5).
Colchester United v Chesterfield
- Colchester have lost their last two home matches against Chesterfield by a 2-1 scoreline, having won three in a row before that.
- The Spireites have scored exactly two goals in four of their last six matches against the U's.
- Freddie Sears has had the most efforts on goal in League One (44).
- Eoin Doyle has scored 14 times from just 22 shots on target this season.
- Chesterfield have converted five penalties this season, while Colchester have yet to score one.
Crawley Town v Walsall
- Crawley Town are yet to taste defeat against Walsall in the Football League (W1 D3).
- However, Walsall have taken a point in each of their two trips to Crawley so far.
- The Red Devils have had the fewest shots on target in League One (38).
- The Saddlers are one of three League One sides yet to win away from home (D3 L3).
- Both of these sides have managed just three first-half goals this campaign, a joint-league low.
Crewe Alexandra v Peterborough United
- Crewe haven't won any of their last eight against the Posh in the league (D5 L3).
- Peterborough have lost just one of their last ten visits to Crewe (W4 D5).
- Crewe have conceded the most goals in League One this season (30).
- Marcus Maddison has scored in each of his last three for Peterborough United.
- Conor Washington has found the net four times in his last four for the Posh.
Doncaster Rovers v Leyton Orient
- Doncaster are unbeaten in eight league games against Orient (W5 D3).
- Leyton Orient's last victory over Doncaster came in December 1997, an 8-0 win at home which is their joint-biggest in the Football League. They've scored five times against Doncaster since.
- Nathan Tyson now has four league goals for Doncaster Rovers this season, more than he has managed in the past three seasons combined.
- 10 of Leyton Orient's 12 points so far this season have come in away games.
- Doncaster have scored just five times at home this season. Only Leyton Orient themselves have managed fewer at home (4).
Gillingham v Preston North End
- The Gills have won just once in their last eight against PNE (D3 L4).
- Preston won both meetings against Gillingham last season, with five different players scoring across the two matches.
- Gillingham haven't won any of their last five league games, drawing two and losing three.
- Preston have won their last four league games, their best run of form since September 2013 when they last won five consecutively.
- The Gills haven't scored in their last two home matches. They last failed to net in three in February 2010.
- Preston North End are the only League One side to score in every league game so far this season.
MK Dons v Fleetwood Town
- This is the first time MK Dons and Fleetwood have met competitively.
- The Cod Army have lost their last four away games in League One, having won their first two.
- Both of these sides have kept a league-high five clean sheets this season.
- Liam McAlinden has played a part in three of Fleetwood's last four goals (scoring two and assisting once).
- The Cod Army haven't conceded in the opening 15 minutes yet this season.
Oldham Athletic v Coventry City
- Oldham haven't beaten the Sky Blues in the league since September 1991, drawing five and losing four since then.
- Coventry City have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four trips to Oldham.
- The Latics have been defeated just once in their last 11 home league games (W4 D6).
- The Sky Blues have yet to record an away win in League One this season, losing four (D2).
- Oldham are yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of either half this season at home.
- All four of Coventry's away defeats this season have been by a single goal.
Port Vale v Scunthorpe United
- Port Vale have failed to find the net in three of their last four in the league against Scunthorpe.
- The Iron have been beaten just once in their previous 12 league games against Vale (W5 D6).
- Vale have conceded seven times from outside the area this season, more than anyone else in the division.
- Rory Fallon has scored three goals in his last four appearances for Scunthorpe United.
- Scunthorpe are one of two sides yet to score in the opening 15 minutes this season (along with Sheffield United).
Sheffield United v Yeovil Town
- Sheffield United have won four of their previous six games against the Glovers, with each win coming with a clean sheet (including playoffs).
- However, Yeovil beat the Blades in their last trip to Bramall Lane in a regular league game, 2-0 in January 2013.
- Mark McNulty has scored in four of his last five league games for the Blades.
- Yeovil have lost their last three away matches; having previously won successive league games on the road.
- All 12 of Yeovil's goals this season have come from inside the area.
Swindon Town v Rochdale
- Only once in 14 league encounters have the Robins failed to score against Rochdale.
- Rochdale have never beaten Swindon home or away in the Football League (D6 L8).
- Swindon have gone nine games unbeaten in League One (W6 D3). Only Bristol are on a longer run currently (13).
- Rochdale's away games this season have seen 20 goals, four on average per game.
- The Robins have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven in League One.