League 1 Opta Facts - August 13
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bournemouth v Sheffield Wed
- The Cherries are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with the Owls, winning three.
- However, the last three league meetings between the sides have been draws.
- Bournemouth scored and conceded in each of their last five regular home games last term.
- The Owls have only won two of their last 15 away games in the league.
- Wednesday scored 59% of their away goals in the first half last season, the highest proportion of all sides.
- Wednesday have only scored two goals in their last six meetings with the Cherries combined, and both came in the 82nd minute or later.
Bury v Carlisle
- Carlisle have won the last five clashes between the sides, keeping a clean sheet in the last three.
- The Cumbrians have claimed a 1-0 win on both of their last two trips to Gigg Lane.
- Bury have found the net in each of their last 14 home league games.
- Carlisle alternated between scoring and failing to score in each of their last eight away games last term. For this to continue, they must score at Bury.
- The Shakers only conceded five home goals in the final 15 minutes last season, the lowest in League Two.
- Carlisle have now lost their last four league games.
Chesterfield v Stevenage
- The two clashes last season, the first ever league meetings between these sides, returned just one goal.
- The Spireites scored at least two goals in each of their last seven home games last season.
- Veteran striker Jack Lester has scored eight goals in his last seven league games at the B2net Stadium.
- Stevenage boasted the best defence in League Two last season, conceding just 45 goals.
- The playoff winners lost their last two regular away league games last season without finding the net.
- Chesterfield netted 59 home league goals last term, a League Two-high.
Colchester v Wycombe
- The U's last home victory against Wycombe came in January 2000, although four of the last five league clashes at the home of the U's have ended in draws.
- The last three league clashes between the sides have ended in 1-1 draws.
- The two clubs have already met once this season in a thrilling 3-3 draw in the Carling Cup first round. Wycombe eventually won the game on penalties.
- Colchester have won four and drawn one of their last five home league games.
- The U's won a joint-league-high six home games from losing positions last season.
- Only Bury (42) won more points on the road in League Two last season than Wycombe (38).
Exeter v MK Dons
- Two of the last three league matches between these sides have ended in 1-1 draws.
- The last three league clashes have produced twenty yellow cards, but not a single red.
- Exeter won their last five league games at St James Park last term.
- The Grecians were, alongside Brighton, the only League One team to score in every home game last term.
- The Dons have only failed to score in one of their last 14 regular league games.
- Exeter lost 17 points from winning positions at home last season, the most in the division.
Hartlepool v Walsall
- The last seven meetings between Pool and the Saddlers have seen thirty goals, averaging more than four goals per game.
- At Victoria Park, the last four meetings have produced 11 goals in total.
- The home team has won the last four fixtures between these sides, with only two away wins coming in the last twelve meetings.
- It has now been six league games since Hartlepool picked up their last victory.
- Walsall have gone seven away league games since their last victory.
- Hartlepool conceded more home goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other League One side last term (seven).
Leyton Orient v Tranmere
- In each of the last four clashes between the O's and Rovers, there have been three goals and three yellow cards.
- The last draw in a meeting between these sides in London came way back in 1986, with six wins for the O's and three wins for Tranmere since that game.
- Orient failed to score in three of their last four home games last term.
- Leyton Orient's last competitive home fixture was a 0-3 defeat to Tranmere at the end of last season.
- Young forward Adam McGurk netted a brace in his last outing against the O's for Tranmere.
- The O's lost a joint-league-low two points from winning positions at home in the league last term.
Notts County v Charlton
- Each of the last three clashes between these sides has ended 1-0, with the home side coming out on top in both meetings last term.
- Six of the last eight league clashes at Meadow Lane, however, have ended in draws.
- Notts County were the lowest scorers in League One last season, netting just 46 goals.
- The Magpies have only taken two points from the last 21 available at Meadow Lane in league competition.
- The Addicks, on the other hand, failed to win any of their last 10 away games last season.
- County gained just one point from losing positions at home last season, a League One-low.
Rochdale v Huddersfield
- The home team won both clashes between these sides last season, with Rochdale picking up their first ever league win against the Terriers in this fixture last year.
- Dale have lost five out of the last seven clashes with Huddersfield in all competitions at Spotland.
- Rochdale scored exactly two goals in five of their last six home games last term.
- Before suffering playoff heartbreak, the Terriers were unbeaten in 13 away games at the end of last season, winning their last six.
- The Terriers also scored in each of their last 14 regular away games last term.
- Huddersfield were ahead in more away games than any other League Side last season - 17.
Scunthorpe v Preston
- The last four meetings between the Iron and PNE have seen a total of 17 goals scored.
- None of the last nine meetings between the sides have ended in draws, with the home team winning six of the last nine in all competitions.
- Despite this, the away side won both fixtures last season.
- Only six yellow cards have been shown in the last five clashes between these teams combined.
- The Iron were only ahead in nine home league games last season, the joint lowest in the Championship.
- Scunthorpe had the poorest home record in the Championship last season, taking just 20 points.
- Only Crystal Palace (one) won fewer away games than Preston (three) in last season's Championship.
Sheffield Utd v Brentford
- Saturday's match at Bramall Lane will be the first clash between the Blades and the Bees since 1989.
- Three out of the last four clashes between these two clubs at Bramall Lane have ended in draws.
- Thirteen goals have been netted in the last three league clashes between these sides.
- The Bees netted at least once in 10 of their last 11 away league games last term.
- Brentford only lost five points from leading positions on their travels last season, the lowest of all League One sides.
- The Blades were behind at some point in 35 of their 46 games last season - a Championship-high.
- Sheffield United have conceded exactly twice in their last four league games at Bramall Lane.
Yeovil v Oldham
- Four out of the last five clashes between the Latics and the Glovers have ended in draws.
- Yeovil have kept three clean sheets in the last four meetings and are unbeaten in the last five clashes at Huish Park.
- The home side has only lost two of the last 12 meetings between these sides.
- Oldham failed to score in seven of their last 10 away games last season.
- The Glovers won three and lost just one of their last eight home games as they staved off relegation last season.
- Oldham lost four away games from winning positions in the league last year, a division high.