League 2 Opta Facts - 13 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Accrington Stanley v Southend
- In each of the clashes last year, a player was sent off.
- Stanley finished last season in inspired home form, winning 10 and drawing one of their last 11 at the Crown Ground.
- Accrington netted three or more goals in nine of their last 11 home games last term.
- Southend failed to win any of their last nine away league games last term, losing six of them.
- The Shrimpers only managed one clean sheet in this winless run; a 0-0 draw at Macclesfield last April.
- 71% of the goals Accrington conceded at home last season came in the second half - a league-high.
Aldershot v Northampton
- The last two league clashes between the sides have produced 1-1 draws, but the Shots were triumphant in both ties in the 09/10 Season.
- Aldershot have found the back of the net in each of their last seven meetings with Northampton.
- Northampton's last victory against Aldershot came in January 1991.
- The Shots scored in 14 of their last 15 home games last season.
- The Cobblers netted in each of their last 10 away league games last term - the longest current run of its kind in the bottom tier.
- Aldershot scored exactly one goal in seven of their last nine games at the Recreation Ground last term.
Barnet v Port Vale
- In the last six meetings combined, there have only been six goals netted.
- Vale failed to win any of their last six away league games last term - their longest winless run on the road in the entire 2010/11 campaign.
- Micky Adams' side also failed to find the net in each of their last five away games last season.
- The Bees only managed one clean sheet in their last 12 home games last term, but that came in a crucial last day win over Port Vale - a result that guaranteed survival (1-0).
- No side scored more home league goals in the opening 15 minutes than Barnet last term (9).
- Barnet have only lost one of their last six meetings with Vale, winning two and drawing three (all 0-0).
Bristol Rovers v Torquay
- The Pirates have won the last two clashes between the sides 1-0, including their Football League trophy victory in 2006.
- The last three league meetings have only produced two goals in total.
- Torquay conceded exactly three goals in each of their last two away games last season.
- Bristol Rovers only won one of their last eight home league games last term.
- The Pirates won just 55% of the 11 home games they went ahead in last season - the lowest proportion in the third tier.
- The Gulls managed just two clean sheets from their last 15 away games last term.
Burton Albion v Shrewsbury
- Burton have never beaten Shrewsbury in the Football League.
- The last two meetings at the Pirelli Stadium have both ended in draws.
- Shrewsbury have only conceded one goal in their last six regular season league games combined.
- Shrewsbury netted a joint-league-high 11 away goals in the closing 15 minutes of games last term.
- No team won more home games from losing positions in League Two last season than Burton (three).
- Albion are unbeaten in four home league games, though three of them ended in draws.
Cheltenham v Swindon
- There have been 16 goals netted in the last six clashes between these sides, with at least two in each game.
- Cheltenham remained winless throughout their last six home games last term.
- Cheltenham haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 13 league games at Whaddon Road.
- Swindon won two of their last three away games last season, but it wasn't enough to save them from relegation to the bottom tier.
- Swindon were behind in a joint-league-high 18 of their 23 away games in League One last term.
- Swindon have only won one of their previous seven meetings with Cheltenham in all competitions.
Crawley Town v Macclesfield
- This weekend's match will be the first ever clash between the two sides.
- Macclesfield netted at least one goal in each of their last nine away league games last term.
- The Silkmen have found the net in all but one of their last 16 away league games.
- Macclesfield were ahead in more away games than any other League Two side last term (16), but lost 19 points from winning positions on the road.
- Crawley have not lost a competitive home game since October 2010.
- Matt Tubbs has scored 10 goals in his last eight games at the Broadfield Stadium in all competitions.
Crewe v Gillingham
- 19 goals have been netted in the last four clashes between these two at the Alexandra stadium, an average of almost five goals a game.
- There have only been two clean sheets for either team in the last nine meetings combined.
- Crewe are unbeaten in eight home league games, winning six of them.
- The Railwaymen haven't conceded more than one goal in any of their last 15 home games.
- Gillingham gained a league-high 15 points from behind on the road last season.
- Crewe netted a joint-league-high 15 goals in the opening 15 minutes last season.
Dag & Red v AFC Wimbledon
- The Dons have started the new season on the losing end of two five-goal thrillers'; the first against Crawley in the Carling cup, and the second against Bristol Rovers in the opening league fixture of the season.
- This will be the first ever match between the two sides
- Dagenham kept just six clean sheets in their 40 games last season - a League One-low.
- The Daggers have now gone 11 league games since they last shared the spoils.
- AFC Wimbledon are unbeaten in four away league games, but have already lost away from home in the Carling Cup this season (2-3 at Crawley)
- Luke Moore has scored four goals in his last four competitive away games for the Dons.
Hereford v Morecambe
- The away side have only lost once in the last six fixtures between the two sides.
- The Shrimps have won two out of the last three clashes at Edgar Street, recording clean sheets in each of the victories.
- There have been 21 goals in the last seven clashes, for an average of three goals per game.
- Hereford had the worst home record in League Two last season, taking just 20 points from 23 games at Edgar Street.
- Hereford have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last four league games.
- Morecambe are now winless in six league games, taking just two points from the 18 available in this run.
Oxford Utd v Bradford
- The two meetings last year produced eight goals, including the Bantams' 5-0 home win - a clash which also included three red cards.
- However, in the four clashes prior to those, only one goal was netted.
- Bradford have now won just one of their last eight league games.
- The Bantams were the lowest scorers in League Two last season, netting just 43 goals in total.
- A joint-league-high 60% of the goals Oxford conceded at home last season came in the first half.
- Bradford only netted seven second half goals on their travels last season, a League Two-low.
Plymouth v Rotherham
- Three out of the last four league meetings between the sides have been 1-1 draws.
- The Millers have not won at Plymouth since 1970, failing in each of their 17 attempts since that win.
- None of the last seven clashes between these two sides have delivered more than two goals.
- All of Rotherham's last three away games last season ended in score draws.
- None of Plymouth's last 10 league games at Home Park have ended as a draw, however.
- There were 16 goals netted in the Millers' last four away league games combined last season.