League 2 Opta Facts - 14-15 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bristol Rovers v Rotherham
- This will be the first time these sides have met in the league since 2000/01, When Rotherham won 3-0 at home and drew 1-1 in the South West.
- Only one of the last five meetings between Bristol Rovers and Rotherham has been won by the home team.
- Bristol Rovers have been shown more yellow cards than any other League Two team this season (29).
- Rotherham, however, have been shown fewer bookings than any other League Two side (seven).
- The Millers have failed to score in their last three league games, the longest current run of its kind in League Two and joint-longest in the division all season.
Burton Albion v Cheltenham
- Burton and Cheltenham have met four times before in the football league, winning two apiece.
- The four meetings have seen a total of 17 goals scored, although 11 of the came in one meeting in Burton (which the Robins won 6-5).
- Burton have already lost nine points from winning positions this season, the most in League Two.
- The Brewers are one of two teams (with Port Vale) to have scored in every league game this term.
- Cheltenham have only lost one of their last six, winning three.
Port Vale v Northampton
- Four of the last five clashes between Port Vale and Northampton have ended in draws, with the Cobblers winning the other.
- Northampton are, in fact, unbeaten in six meetings with Vale, not losing to them since February 2007.
- Vale have scored more goals than any other side in League Two this term (25).
- The Cobblers have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last three league games.
- Vale have scored in every league game this season.
AFC Wimbledon v Crewe
- This will be the first competitive meeting between AFC Wimbledon and Crewe.
- Wimbledon have won their last four league games, netting at least two goals in each.
- Despite this, the Wombles have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last four league games.
- Christian Jolley has now netted four goals in his last three league games.
- Crewe have only kept one clean sheet in seven games, but have only failed to net in one of eight.
- The three goals Crewe have netted in their last three games combined have all come between the 72nd and 75th minute, whilst they have also conceded goals in the 74th and 76th minutes in this spell.
Accrington Stanley v Swindon
- Swindon have only won one of their six previous league meetings with Accrington, losing three and drawing two.
- The Robins have never won at the home of Stanley, though two of the three previous clashes in Stanley Park have ended in draws.
- Stanley have gained a league-high nine points from behind in League Two this term.
- Accrington have conceded more goals in the first half than any other fourth tier side (14), but fewer goals in the second half than any other League Two side (two).
- Swindon have lost five of their six away league games this season, winning the other 3-0 at Crawley.
Barnet v Aldershot
- Barnet have only won one of their six previous Football League clashes with Aldershot, losing four.
- Three of the last four meetings between the Bees and the Shots have seen the home side win whilst also keeping a clean sheet.
- Barnet have lost their last four league games, conceding 11 goals in the process.
- Aldershot, meanwhile, have lost their last three league games, conceding six goals in the process.
- Danny Hylton has scored each of Aldershot's last three league goals.
Crawley Town v Shrewsbury
- This will be the first ever Football League meeting between these sides.
- The Red Devils have won five of their six home games this season, losing the other.
- Crawley have kept three consecutive clean sheets, the longest current run in League Two.
- After drawing their opening two league games, Shrewsbury have gone 10 games on the trot without sharing the spoils.
- The Shrews have alternated between victory and defeat in their last five away league games. For this to continue, they must beat the Red Devils.
Dag & Red v Plymouth
- Plymouth won the only two previous league meetings between the sides in League One last season, including a 1-0 win in Dagenham.
- Dagenham have beaten Plymouth at Whaddon Road, beating them 2-0 in an FA Cup replay in January 2003.
- The Pilgrims are the only side yet to take the lead on their travels this term.
- The Pilgrims have only netted two goals in six away league games this season.
- All of Dagenham's last four league games have ended 2-1, but the Daggers have only been on the right side of the scoreline once.
Hereford v Bradford
- Bradford haven't won at Edgar Street since September 1981, though they have only played there three times since that win (D1 L2).
- Overall, only two of the last 15 encounters between the Bulls and the Bantams have ended in draws.
- Hereford have only mustered two points from their last six games, a league-low.
- The Bantams have only mustered one clean sheet in the league this season, a joint-league-low.
- The Bulls have lost their last three league games at Edgar Street, a run that includes a 1-6 hammering at the hands of Gillingham.
Macclesfield v Oxford Utd
- Both teams have found the net in seven of the last eight meetings between Macclesfield and Oxford, including the last five.
- Prolific striker James Constable netted in both meetings between the Silkmen and the U's last season.
- Oxford have been ahead in more games than any other team in the league this season (10), but have also drawn more games from ahead than any other League Two side (four).
- The Silkmen have scored more goals in the closing 15 minutes than any other League Two team this campaign (seven).
- Oxford have conceded fewer goals than any other League Two team this term (10).
Southend v Morecambe
- Morecambe won both meetings with Southend last season, the first two Football League meetings between the sides.
- Barry Corr netted in both games against Morecambe last term, but still ended up on the losing side on each occasion.
- The Shrimpers have netted more goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other League Two team this term (five).
- Southend have taken more points from their last six games than any other side in the division (15).
- Morecambe are the league's strongest away side so far, taking 14 points from 18 available on the road.
Torquay v Gillingham
- Both meetings between Torquay and Gillingham last season ended 1-1, with the away team equalising in the final three minutes on each occasion.
- The Gills have only lost one of their last five trips to Plainmoor in all competitions, winning two and drawing two.
- Torquay have drawn their last three home league games.
- Gillingham are without a clean sheet in eight league games, but they have conceded exactly one goal in six of those eight games.
- Danny Kedwell has scored three goals in his last three games for the Gills.
- Torquay have gone six games without a win in the league, drawing four and losing two.